PP Blog site closed

General Discussion on the Permanent Portfolio Strategy

Moderator: Global Moderator

Goldismoney23

PP Blog site closed

Post by Goldismoney23 »

Hey,

I'm a long time lurker, and believer in the PP. I read the entire book like many of you and have listened to some of the old HB radio show archives. After a long break away from the PP family, I've noticed the blog is closed now. I was some what heart broken, I loved the yearly updates on the portfolio. I also noticed the old Harry Browne radio investing archives are down.

Does anyone know the reason behind this? If you didn't come to this forum pre-blog closure, I think it would be hard to find this forum and like-minded individuals. Is there a way to contact Craigr?
InsuranceGuy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: PP Blog site closed

Post by InsuranceGuy »

[deleted]
Last edited by InsuranceGuy on Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MachineGhost »

Goldismoney23 wrote:Hey,

I'm a long time lurker, and believer in the PP. I read the entire book like many of you and have listened to some of the old HB radio show archives. After a long break away from the PP family, I've noticed the blog is closed now. I was some what heart broken, I loved the yearly updates on the portfolio. I also noticed the old Harry Browne radio investing archives are down.

Does anyone know the reason behind this? If you didn't come to this forum pre-blog closure, I think it would be hard to find this forum and like-minded individuals. Is there a way to contact Craigr?
Craigr's around but he's moved onto bigger and better things. But good point about the blog closure and lower traffic. There may be a correlation since it's been increasingly dead around here starting around the time the blog did shut down.
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!
Goldismoney23

Post by Goldismoney23 »

InsuranceGuy wrote:There are no more updates, but you can view all the previous content using the internet archives at https://web.archive.org/web/20160401231 ... .com/blog/
Thanks! Great find!!
Goldismoney23

Post by Goldismoney23 »

MachineGhost wrote:
Goldismoney23 wrote:Hey,

Craigr's around but he's moved onto bigger and better things. But good point about the blog closure and lower traffic. There may be a correlation since it's been increasingly dead around here starting around the time the blog did shut down.
I'm surprised no one has started a similar blog on the PP. There seems to be enough interest out there. Perhaps?
Tyler
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tyler »

Goldismoney23 wrote: I'm surprised no one has started a similar blog on the PP. There seems to be enough interest out there. Perhaps?
While it covers a lot more than the PP, Portfolio Charts does manage to talk about the PP quite a bit. ;) It's no Crawling Road, but I like to think it carries some of the same investing spirit.
LazyInvestor
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by LazyInvestor »

This forum is also quite quiet recently. It's a pity since it's critical IMO to have a supportive community during the rough times in order to stick with a portfolio such as PP.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

I guess the forum will be quiet until gold surges again. Is that fair to say?
Tyler wrote:
Goldismoney23 wrote: I'm surprised no one has started a similar blog on the PP. There seems to be enough interest out there. Perhaps?
While it covers a lot more than the PP, Portfolio Charts does manage to talk about the PP quite a bit. ;) It's no Crawling Road, but I like to think it carries some of the same investing spirit.
here, here! +1