Yield Optimization

Discussion of the Cash portion of the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Yield Optimization

Post by MachineGhost » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:03 am

I just got junk mail from Discover that they're offering a 1-year CD for 1.15%. Rates may be moving up and it may be time to see what the yield curve is offering?
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!
drumminj
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Yield Optimization

Post by drumminj » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:07 am

Interesting. Barclays' CD rates have been moving down -- 5yr now at 1.75% (down from 2.25% not too long ago)
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Yield Optimization

Post by MachineGhost » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:11 am

drumminj wrote:Interesting. Barclays' CD rates have been moving down -- 5yr now at 1.75% (down from 2.25% not too long ago)
I'm glad I locked that in!!! Maybe Discover is just playing catch up.
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!