Healthcare discussion from Pointedstick's "I'm Free" thread

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Healthcare discussion from Pointedstick's "I'm Free" thread

Post by MachineGhost »

Mountaineer wrote:Although I frequently agree with your views, I must disagree with this one.

Nearly all of our problems with health care are because people get sick. Makes one wonder why, with all our supposed progress in medical science, life spans have not increased all that much. ;)

http://www.livescience.com/10569-human- ... years.html
I don't understand your logic. Being sick is not a special problem that only force can solve other than to prevent predatory practices when you're unable to negotiate (which is hard to imagine occuring if we all have insurance contracts ahead of time). Yet if we can't leave the free market completely to itself, the solution is not to go hog wild to the other extreme of government doing it all as Progressives have a wet dream for.
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: I'm free

Post by Mountaineer »

MachineGhost wrote:
Mountaineer wrote:Although I frequently agree with your views, I must disagree with this one.

Nearly all of our problems with health care are because people get sick. Makes one wonder why, with all our supposed progress in medical science, life spans have not increased all that much. ;)

http://www.livescience.com/10569-human- ... years.html
I don't understand your logic. Being sick is not a special problem that only force can solve other than to prevent predatory practices when you're unable to negotiate (which is hard to imagine occuring if we all have insurance contracts ahead of time). Yet if we can't leave the free market completely to itself, the solution is not to go hog wild to the other extreme of government doing it all as Progressives have a wet dream for.
Re. my logic: If you don't get sick you don't need health care.
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
thisisallen

Re: Healthcare discussion from Pointedstick's "I'm Free" thread

Post by thisisallen »

^ +1