Search found 268 matches

by drumminj
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:40 am
Forum: Other Discussions
Topic: Forum updates
Replies: 9
Views: 460

Re: Forum updates

You can also edit your reply after posting, so while it may be a bit more onerous/require you to be diligent to check after posting your reply, you should be able to get the same outcome.
by drumminj
Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:28 am
Forum: Other Discussions
Topic: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II
Replies: 721
Views: 111721

Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

technovelist wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:12 am
Use the Dissenter browser (https://dissenter.com/) and you can comment on anything on the Web.
Where is the comments DB stored/who controls it? Cool idea, but it seems that person(s) has a lot of power to shape the conversation?
by drumminj
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:40 pm
Forum: Other Discussions
Topic: Dr. Fauci today!
Replies: 19
Views: 558

Re: Dr. Fauci today!

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:32 pm
sophie wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:28 pm
modeling studies
^-^ ^-^
Thinking about what you wished you'd majored in in college? O0
by drumminj
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:36 pm
Forum: Other Discussions
Topic: Coronavirus General Discussion
Replies: 2590
Views: 90620

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

I just ignored this earlier as the usual Vinny troll-bait, but since it's been getting a response.... Vinny I gather you haven't been on a plane lately? Pre-COVID I mean. You know, the TSA, the wonky machine that takes dirty pictures of you, the thing about having to take off your shoes, belt and j...
by drumminj
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:33 pm
Forum: Other Discussions
Topic: Coronavirus General Discussion
Replies: 2590
Views: 90620

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

That's right. My recollection is that prior to 9/11, theme parks, big concerts, etc. generally didn't open people's bags and purses to search through them as they entered. After 9/11 they did. Even now, almost 20 years later, they still do. Yep, I often have to find a way to "hide" my pocket knife ...
by drumminj
Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:36 pm
Forum: Other Discussions
Topic: George Floyd
Replies: 32
Views: 803

Re: George Floyd

stuper1 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:28 pm
If not, aren't you part of the systemic racism problem just like that SS officer back in 1940?
There's a presumption here that systemic racism is a thing/issue. Did I miss where that became a given?
by drumminj
Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:28 am
Forum: Other Discussions
Topic: Roger Stone Freed by Trump
Replies: 42
Views: 611

Re: Roger Stone Freed by Trump

The gist of all this is the investigation should have never happened in the first place, so he would have never done the things he did without the investigation, right? So, just curious if anyone knows -- if police had a search warrant for my house to find something particular, say a gun (are these...
by drumminj
Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:03 am
Forum: Other Discussions
Topic: Roger Stone Freed by Trump
Replies: 42
Views: 611

Re: Roger Stone Freed by Trump

I thought this part of the statement by the Press Secretary was interesting: "Mr. Stone was charged by the same prosecutors from the Mueller Investigation tasked with finding evidence of collusion with Russia. Because no such evidence exists, however, they could not charge him for any collusion-rel...
by drumminj
Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:56 am
Forum: Other Discussions
Topic: Grover Norquist now!
Replies: 20
Views: 385

Re: Grover Norquist now!

If you consider yourself to be either anti-abortion or pro-life (whichever label you choose).....are you against abortion in all cases or do you have exceptions? Vinny I would think it depends on what is behind the opinion. If you're pro-life because you believe a fetus is a human being, then it lo...
by drumminj
Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:42 pm
Forum: Other Discussions
Topic: Grover Norquist now!
Replies: 20
Views: 385

Re: Grover Norquist now!

Grover Norquist on C-Span now for the next 45 minutes! With NO commercial interruptions! Now *that* is a hard-core, friday night party! O0 That 8:00 AM this morning. Nice listening to his weasel answer to a caller confronting Mr. Tiny, Starve the Government seek and accept a PPP loan for his Founda...
by drumminj
Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:20 pm
Forum: Other Discussions
Topic: Grover Norquist now!
Replies: 20
Views: 385

Re: Grover Norquist now!

vnatale wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:02 am
Grover Norquist on C-Span now for the next 45 minutes! With NO commercial interruptions!
Now *that* is a hard-core, friday night party! O0
by drumminj
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:35 pm
Forum: Other Discussions
Topic: Jordan Peterson's Influence On My Life
Replies: 36
Views: 1153

Re: Jordan Peterson's Influence On My Life

Xan wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:14 pm
I disagree with the assumption that the person who gives up his life for another is less valued. I think it's quite the opposite. Look at Christ, for example.
Wouldn't it be more accurate to say their death is valued rather than their life?