Investment locations?

General Discussion on the Permanent Portfolio Strategy

Moderator: Global Moderator

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Investment locations?

Post by vnatale » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:02 am

Sorry for my wording. I was not saying you'd said it was recommended by the book. I was just making a statement that the book was not recommending it.

Vinny
Xan wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:33 pm
vnatale wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:21 pm
I am reading the book that was previously recommended. What you are doing is NOT recommended by the book:
I didn't say it was recommended by the book. In this case, I'm the investment advisor, and I do it out of my own convenience.

It's just too much predicting the future for me to arrange things as one big PP. For example, does the professional consensus consider how negative interest rates will affect whether bonds should be in taxable or tax deferred? What will the tax regime look like in 40 years? Who knows!
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
ochotona
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ochotona » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:38 am

vnatale wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:02 am

Vinny
I think having a complete Permanent Portfolio in every type of account is fine. There is enough uncertainty about the future that my plans and opinions might be wrong. I'm going to keep doing what I do, but I'm prepared, as always, to end up totally humiliated.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:22 am

Foxalive wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:32 am

From my perspective, the best industry to invest in is the real estate one.

Wonder for how much longer Hard Rock Cafe exists in this forum...
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."