Moderator: Global Moderator

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Non-ESG ETFs

Post by vnatale » Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:17 pm

Anti-ESG shareholder proposals rise sharply

https://www.investmentnews.com/anti-esg ... xDuFpvnCtc

A report from the Sustainable Investment Institute shows a 76% uptick this year in shareholder resolutions asking companies to undo their work on diversity, equity and inclusion, and other issues.
June 2, 2023
By Emile Hallez

Shareholders have increasingly pushed companies to improve their social and environmental practices over the past few years — but a small and growing contingent of anti-ESG campaigners has also been working against that.

This year, the number of shareholder resolutions asking businesses to undo their work on diversity, equity and inclusion and other issues went up significantly. There have been 79 such proposals in 2023, up from 45 last year — a 76% increase, according to a report Thursday from the Sustainable Investment Institute published by Harvard Law.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
whatchamacallit
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by whatchamacallit » Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:59 pm

Here is a reasonable non-esg sp 500 ETF:

STRV
Strive 500 ETF

https://www.strivefunds.com/strv

I came across it just recently by accident and found out it is co-founded by Vivek Ramaswamy. It is still an index fund but it appears they would be using voting abilities for non-esg policies. The expense ratio isn't crazy at 0.0545%. It might be worth the slight extra cost if you think of it as a charity to society.

Fund Objective
STRV is a passively managed exchange traded fund (ETF) that seeks broad market exposure to 500 of the largest U.S. publicly traded stocks.

Fund Description
STRV offers concentrated exposure to U.S. large capitalization corporations through a cost efficient index product. Through Corporate Governance practices, including voting proxy shares and proactively engaging with management teams and boards, Strive aims to unlock value across all corporations in STRV's portfolio by mandating companies to focus on excellence.
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude » Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:07 pm

Tempting, but I dunno if I trust "anti-ethical" managers to not front-run their index ;)
whatchamacallit
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by whatchamacallit » Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:32 pm

boglerdude wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:07 pm
Tempting, but I dunno if I trust "anti-ethical" managers to not front-run their index ;)
I probably missed your reference about the managers but I wouldn't have any fear of them front running the fund.

The reason I found the fund is because it uses the same index provider that the zero expense fund from BNY Mellon is about to use.

Solactive GBS Unites States 500 Index TR

.0545% would be a tough expense to justify when you can get the same index for 0.