Not Even Harry Browne Thought It Was Going To Be This Bad

General Discussion on the Permanent Portfolio Strategy

Moderator: Global Moderator

sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Not Even Harry Browne Thought It Was Going To Be This Bad

Post by sophie »

Bronsucheki (sp?) who started this thread was an employee of the Perth Mint at the time. Having him following the board was priceless. He doesn't work there anymore but it would be so nice if he dropped in again and commented on this!

If you are in the US I don't know that you need long US treasuries to be the world's #1 flight to safety asset, but there is probably a boost to the PP's returns because of it. Luckily for us, it looks like they still are despite the debt, the rise of cryptocurrency, etc. Has anyone changed their mind on the subject of the future of US Treasuries?
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 »

sophie wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:12 am Bronsucheki (sp?) who started this thread was an employee of the Perth Mint at the time. Having him following the board was priceless. He doesn't work there anymore but it would be so nice if he dropped in again and commented on this!

If you are in the US I don't know that you need long US treasuries to be the world's #1 flight to safety asset, but there is probably a boost to the PP's returns because of it. Luckily for us, it looks like they still are despite the debt, the rise of cryptocurrency, etc. Has anyone changed their mind on the subject of the future of US Treasuries?
Of course Treasurys are eventually going into the dustbin of history. That's what happens to every debt instrument in the long run.

But for the time being I think short Treasurys (bills) are about as safe a place to park cash as is available. I have most of my cash in two-month bills.
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 »

Another reason why I like the PP. Libertarian666's comment about Treasurys going to the dustbin of history would raise some concerns among typical investors. Many would go on the attack at the very idea.

For a PP investor? Snooze. Let 'em fail. I got my gold.
DITM
www.allterraininvesting.com
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged »

Smith1776 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:55 pm

For a PP investor? Snooze. Let 'em fail. I got my gold.
:D