General Discussion on the Permanent Portfolio Strategy

Moderator: Global Moderator

TripleB
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Let me guess, everything's great!

Post by TripleB »

buddtholomew wrote:
I Shrugged wrote: Is 3% VEU significant?  Not in my way of thinking.  Anything less than 5%, and maybe 10%,  is just noise.  Not trying to be mean, just saying it plainly.  :)
This is done.

25/15/20/40 equities/gold/treasuries/cash, US/EU 80/20 with 5.6 years fixed income duration.
Why not just put 20% of your portfolio into cash as your variable portfolio and 80% of your portfolio into a true PP? Then never mix the two.
buddtholomew
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Let me guess, everything's great!

Post by buddtholomew »

TripleB wrote:
buddtholomew wrote:
I Shrugged wrote: Is 3% VEU significant?  Not in my way of thinking.  Anything less than 5%, and maybe 10%,  is just noise.  Not trying to be mean, just saying it plainly.  :)
This is done.

25/15/20/40 equities/gold/treasuries/cash, US/EU 80/20 with 5.6 years fixed income duration.
Why not just put 20% of your portfolio into cash as your variable portfolio and 80% of your portfolio into a true PP? Then never mix the two.
I prefer to view the portfolio holistically for a true representation of my risk tolerance.

I tried the PP/VP allocation as you suggest, but was still too focused on the volatility without seeing the big picture.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool" --Feynman.