Moderator: Global Moderator

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Mathjak's Market Calls

Post by vnatale » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:51 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:27 pm
mathjak107 wrote: fabian had a pretty good track  record back in the day with his moving average system .  his newsletter was hot . his thing was he would sacrifice the 10% at the top and bottom and you get the 80% in the middle .

well markets whip sawed the model so bad it fell way behind . the markets were acting faster than the moving averages could respond . eventually performance sucked .

so he went back to the lab and revised hings . he proclaimed it is going to be so god that he publicly posted his moves in his own portfolio .

needless to say it to failed o perform ,.
Fabian's problem wasn't that the system didn't work, it was that he stopped following his own rules [well, actually his father's rules] and started trying to second guess the mechanical switch signals, and guessed wrong too many times. Proving once again, the difficulty of following rules when emotions are involved and also the inability of anyone to time the market.
In regards to my prior post....it was the Father Fabian who I was following from 1987 to 1990.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."