Re: Investment Risk Tolerance Quiz

Post by vnatale » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:43 am

dualstow wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:05 am
vnatale wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:04 pm
MachineGhost wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:53 pm
Backed by science! Risk tolerance is a stable personality trait. However, risk perception changes because it is a cognitive appraisal based on one's current mental state.

http://njaes.rutgers.edu:8080/money/riskquiz/
That link led to nowhere.
That’s because the thread is three.years.old. In Internet forum thread years, it is George Burns. It’s the Old Man of the Mountain. It was quite dead, or was before you exhumed it. What the hell, Vinny?

If you buy any classic cereal boxes on eBay, I recommend that you do not mail in the box tops with fifty cents, no matter what it says, because you’re doing to be disappointed.

For the rest of us, I’m not sure how we’re supposed to tell which of these topics are truly active, and which ones are Vinny telling us he got a “28” on an exam that nobody remembers. ???
Here's one for you related to those cereal boxes. With a tie-in to the government bureaucracy.

For a while I was selling old Sports Illustrated's on eBay. I gave buyers the option of regular mail or media mail. The latter is much cheaper (but takes longer).

The woman at the post office asked me if the content of my large envelope had any advertising (which makes it ineligible for medial mail rates). I had to be honest and told her Yes. But I also told her that with the magazine probably being 30 or 40 years old at that point that it really wasn't advertising because you could not buy any of the items that were being advertised.

I'll give you one guess who won that argument.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Investment Risk Tolerance Quiz

Post by dualstow » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:04 pm

O0
RIP Marcello Gandini