larry swedroe bond portfolio

A place to talk about speculative investing ideas for the optional Variable Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

larry swedroe bond portfolio

Post by mathjak107 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:20 am

for the bond side of things , i happen to come across an interesting bond portfolio that takes in all segments of the bond market . unlike a total bond fund which is anything but total since it omits so many segments , this actually tries to capture most major segments .

of course this should be typically used with equities as the growth vehicle .

the only etf that scares me is WIP .right now it is so thinly traded because of lack of interest ( good time to buy ? ) it moves about 12,000 shares in a day typically . so at times the spread is very very wide on it .

25% iShares Barclays Aggregate Bond ETF (AGG) (Tracks a broad index of high-quality U.S. bonds)

25% iShares iboxx $ Investment Grade Corporate (LQD) (Tracks an index of the most liquid, long-term corporate bonds)

10% Fidelity Floating Rate High Income (FFRHX) (Invests in floating rate bank loans that automatically adjusts to rising short-term interest rates. It offers additional inflation hedge)

10% iShares MBS Fixed Income (MBB) (Tracks a broad index mortgage-backed securities)

7.5% SPDR DB International Govt Inflation-Protected Bond (WIP) (Invests in an index of non-U.S., inflation-linked bonds)

7.5% PowerShares Emerging Markets Sovereign Debt (PCY) (Tracks an index of emerging markets government debt)

7.5% iShares Barclays TIPS Bond (TIP) (Tracks an index of inflation-protected, U.S. Treasury securities)

7.5% iShares Iboxx $ High Yield Corporate Bond (HYG) (Tracks an index of high yield bonds)
ochotona
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: larry swedroe bond portfolio

Post by ochotona » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:56 am

I have risk bonds, they are HYG, LQD, EMB, PFFD. I sell them at the same time I get an equity market sell signal, and go to Treasuries.
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: larry swedroe bond portfolio

Post by mathjak107 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:59 am

hmmmmm , I didn't know you were ,a " dirty lil market timer " ha ha ha