Tesla Motors

A place to talk about speculative investing ideas for the optional Variable Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Tesla Motors

Post by Kbg » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:19 pm

It has been an amazing (good) year for momo.

TSLA, ZM, NVDA, JD...quite amazing. PDD is new for me but it is already up crazy since I bought it.

My particular form of momentum investing/trading rebalances monthly so I've sold off a fair amount of all of them on the way up.

These things come to an end however, they always do.
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Ad Orientem » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:40 pm

Elon Musk says he once considered selling Tesla to Apple, Tim Cook didn’t want to take a meeting

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/22/elon-mu ... -meet.html
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:31 am

Ad Orientem wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:40 pm
Elon Musk says he once considered selling Tesla to Apple, Tim Cook didn’t want to take a meeting

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/22/elon-mu ... -meet.html
Heard that on cnbc this morning. Wow!
Sam Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:26 pm

Ok you dorks! I want to hear more about the cars themselves.
MangoMan wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:17 pm
I keep telling you guys: Best car ever. Never going back to gasoline.
Still loving the 3? I've been looking at new cars, specifically the 3 and the Bolt.

Teslas look fucking amazing, but I'm leery of their hackability. I don't like the idea of self-driving capabilities combined with being connected to a server. Is there something inherent in how Tesla set them up that prevents someone hacking in and driving them away (again) or locking them down, or is it just a grudge match between Tesla and hackers?
Pointedstick wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:45 am
Am I the only one wary of stuffing more and more high-tech crap into cars? The cynic in me thinks it's the only way they can sustain a moderate level of price inflation and keep their profit margins up. If they built a car today with the technology of a car from 1985 it would probably cost $3,000.

Yes, I know a lot of this is regulatory and that the NHTSA wouldn't let you build a car nowadays without automatic front back middle side up down force-predictive intelligently triggered nitrogen-filled carbon-neutral foam-cushioned airbags and all that jazz.
Yea, I wish someone would make a bare-bones electric that got 300 miles a charge. Or like, not even bare-bones (I like AC, cruise control, and a sound system), but just without the connectivity, cameras, 0-60/top speed, and luxury materials.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.