Bitcoin giveaway! :)

A place to talk about speculative investing ideas for the optional Variable Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Bitcoin giveaway! :)

Post by dualstow » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:22 am

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
WARNING - ANCIENT THREAD
the giveaway is closed
It’s been quite a journey. In 2015, Austin Heller asked if anyone was spending their (fractional) coin gift.
Thanks to generous help from bitcoininthevp, I was finally able to re-access mine yesterday evening after a long period of dormancy and seed words that weren’t yielding anything. Of course, it was technical glitches that kept me from cashing out when my wallet’s contents were worth a tenth of what they were last night.

I immediately ordered some (fractional) gold with a vendor that takes bitcoin just so that i know i’m not dreaming. The payment was acknowledged about a ½ hour later. I usually use a paper check, so that was good.

The whole point of Marc de Mesel’s giveaway was to spark an interest in crypto. He’s still out there doing his thing on twitter, youtube and elsewhere. BCH, read.cash and all kinds of stuff.

I haven’t really made up my mind about cryptocurrencies, but I think I’m going to hold on to the remaining coin. I’ve got a sliver of ethereum via an etf and if I buy anything else it’ll be via PayPal, which I now like. That’s enough for me.
RIP Marcello Gandini
Don
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Don » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:35 pm

dualstow wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:22 am
WARNING - ANCIENT THREAD
the giveaway is closed
It’s been quite a journey. In 2015, Austin Heller asked if anyone was spending their (fractional) coin gift.
Thanks to generous help from bitcoininthevp, I was finally able to re-access mine yesterday evening after a long period of dormancy and seed words that weren’t yielding anything. Of course, it was technical glitches that kept me from cashing out when my wallet’s contents were worth a tenth of what they were last night.

I immediately ordered some (fractional) gold with a vendor that takes bitcoin just so that i know i’m not dreaming. The payment was acknowledged about a ½ hour later. I usually use a paper check, so that was good.

The whole point of Marc de Mesel’s giveaway was to spark an interest in crypto. He’s still out there doing his thing on twitter, youtube and elsewhere. BCH, read.cash and all kinds of stuff.

I haven’t really made up my mind about cryptocurrencies, but I think I’m going to hold on to the remaining coin. I’ve got a sliver of ethereum via an etf and if I buy anything else it’ll be via PayPal, which I now like. That’s enough for me.
I'm still trying to retrieve my sliver of a bitcoin. You're a lucky man, dualstow.

Bitcoininthevp accomplished the impossible.
bitcoininthevp
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by bitcoininthevp » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:37 am

It seems like there are a few slivers of bitcoin around this forum still.

I am happy to consult via private message here or secure email to help you get your bitcoin into your own control, or even buy gold or amazon gift cards with them.

My fees are 0%.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:32 am

bitcoininthevp is a good bro.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.