Executive Member

Biden introduces granddaughter as deceased son

Post by Tortoise »

Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Biden introduces granddaughter as deceased son

Post by Kriegsspiel »

The shocked silence absolutely makes it! Hilarious stuff, was that Jim Carrey as Joe Biden?
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 »

If Biden wins, we're going to have Dumb and Dumber as our president and vice president.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

tomfoolery wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:45 pm Well at least he’s polite and not a liar.
Yep, a liar is the worst. That's one of the most destructive attributes a person can have
Last edited by doodle on Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

Second only to sarcastic asshole ;)
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds »

Oh come on.
Yeah he left out the word daughter momentarily and immediately clarified that Natalie is Beau's daughter. He introduced the other daughter as Hunter's #2.
We're really scraping now.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

Isn't it ironic that the right plays the same stupid games it loses it shit over with the mainstream media? Maybe the problem with America is no one has the balls the take the high road
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

I think it's a stretch....but I'll give you he's confused. I'll even spot you full on dementia. I don't care if he forgets his own name. I'll take a full blown alzheimer's patient over the lying sack of shit whiny puss-boy that is currently in office.

And another thing, absolutely nothing biden has said or done has even remotely approached the level of batshit crazy as the conspiracy theories that regularly spew forth out of the right. I'm soooo damn tired of listening to their horseshit cockamamie theories that aren't supported by a shred of evidence.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

tomfoolery wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:34 pm
doodle wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:30 pm
And another thing, absolutely nothing biden has said or done has even remotely approached the level of batshit crazy as the conspiracy theories that regularly spew forth out of the right. I'm soooo damn tired of listening to their horseshit cockamamie theories that aren't supported by a shred of evidence.
You sure have a thing for fecal references this evening. If Freud were around, he might suggest you add fiber to your diet, because this may be your subconscious way of telling yourself you need a release. Or maybe to make a Grindr account, these kinds of things could go both ways. Interpreting the subconscious isn't an exact science.
Yeah, I'm worked up. I should probably take my meds
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

tomfoolery wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:42 pm
doodle wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:36 pm
tomfoolery wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:34 pm
doodle wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:30 pm
You sure have a thing for fecal references this evening. If Freud were around, he might suggest you add fiber to your diet, because this may be your subconscious way of telling yourself you need a release. Or maybe to make a Grindr account, these kinds of things could go both ways. Interpreting the subconscious isn't an exact science.
Yeah, I'm worked up. I should probably take my meds
Don't stress. Looks like you win. Biden is getting NV and AZ. Biden will take office eventually, once the Trump recounts and fraud investigation dies down. Congrats, man.
Sometimes victory can be a curse.
There is a Chinese story of a farmer who used an old horse to till his fields. One day, the horse escaped into the hills and when the farmer's neighbors sympathized with the old man over his bad luck, the farmer replied, "Bad luck? Good luck? Who knows?" A week later, the horse returned with a herd of horses from the hills and this time the neighbors congratulated the farmer on his good luck. His reply was, "Good luck? Bad luck? Who knows?"

Then, when the farmer's son was attempting to tame one of the wild horses, he fell off its back and broke his leg. Everyone thought this very bad luck. Not the farmer, whose only reaction was, "Bad luck? Good luck? Who knows?"

Some weeks later, the army marched into the village and conscripted every able-bodied youth they found there. When they saw the farmer's son with his broken leg, they let him off. Now was that good luck or bad luck?

Who knows?

Everything that seems on the surface to be an evil may be a good in disguise. And everything that seems good on the surface may really be an evil.

doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

Yes, that philosophy has sustained me for the last four years. Now it's your turn to carry that torch. :)
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

I will say this, some of the best people I know are conservative loony birds. They are trustworthy, honest, good hearted people to those in their inner circle. If religion and politics never came up you wouldn't be able to tell us apart. Outside of Trump I have much more in common with people on this board than differences. But orangeman gotta go.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi »

doodle wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:49 am If religion and politics never came up you wouldn't be able to tell us apart.
Yep
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds »

tomfoolery wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:18 pm

Okay, scraping still?

I watched the video a dozen times. There's definitely cognitive trunalimunumaprzure going on.
Do you think he genuinely thought she was Beau?
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise »

Biden didn't actually believe that his granddaughter was his deceased son. He just took way too long to realize his verbal slip, and the recovery was awkward.

It was a funny video clip. Some of the posts here in the Politics sub-forum are intended mainly for laughs rather than serious philosophical discussion.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

glennds wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:23 pm

Okay, scraping still?

I watched the video a dozen times. There's definitely cognitive trunalimunumaprzure going on.
For me, don't care. Biden can slurp his pea soup through a straw and spend the rest of the afternoon drooling on himself in the oval office. Do I wish it was someone else in the white house? Sure! But if the choice is between Trump and a senile old man who pees himself to sleep? I'll take the later.
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds »

Tortoise wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:26 pm Biden didn't actually believe that his granddaughter was his deceased son. He just took way too long to realize his verbal slip, and the recovery was awkward.

It was a funny video clip. Some of the posts here in the Politics sub-forum are intended mainly for laughs rather than serious philosophical discussion.
I get it. Listen, I think Biden's gaffes can be funny too. I just wasn't sure how deeply others feel his alleged dementia runs.

Now if he gets inaugurated and then appoints Beau his chief of staff, I think we all have cause for concern.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise »

For what it’s worth, my own father has regularly called me by my brother’s name (and vice versa) since he was in his 40s. Sometimes he even introduces us to other people by the swapped names. ;D
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Tortoise wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:06 pm For what it’s worth, my own father has regularly called me by my brother’s name (and vice versa) since he was in his 40s. Sometimes he even introduces us to other people by the swapped names. ;D
There are two of us really old guys who regularly play basketball. We look nothing alike. The majority of the players are 25 or younger. Many times some of them will call me the other old guy's name. I just write it off that in their mind we are old guys and don't put much effort into distinguishing between us, like keeping our actual names straight.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

MangoMan wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:36 pm
doodle wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:27 pm

Okay, scraping still?

For me, don't care. Biden can slurp his pea soup through a straw and spend the rest of the afternoon drooling on himself in the oval office. Do I wish it was someone else in the white house? Sure! But if the choice is between Trump and a senile old man who pees himself to sleep? I'll take the later.
Serious question: If you acknowledge how bad Biden is, why are the Dems incapable of coming up with a candidate who is good?
It all went bad here: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/2 ... den-117667

After Clyburn gave his (weighty) endorsement to Biden that led to Biden winning South Carolina and creating enough momentum so that no one else could keep up with him. I believe that absent that endorsement Biden would NOT have won the primaries. It's too conjectural for me to say who would have then won because it would have been a whole different set of dynamics. I would have enthusiastically voted for one of the 5-10 other primary candidates if that person had been the final candidate.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise »

MangoMan wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:58 pm Tulsi semi-tolerable but still not great.
Where do you consider Tulsi to be lacking?
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

MangoMan wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:58 pm
vnatale wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:48 pm

Okay, scraping still?

Serious question: If you acknowledge how bad Biden is, why are the Dems incapable of coming up with a candidate who is good?

After Clyburn gave his (weighty) endorsement to Biden that led to Biden winning South Carolina and creating enough momentum so that no one else could keep up with him. I believe that absent that endorsement Biden would NOT have won the primaries. It's too conjectural for me to say who would have then won because it would have been a whole different set of dynamics. I would have enthusiastically voted for one of the 5-10 other primary candidates if that person had been the final candidate.

Vinny
Okay, whatever. But Warren was awful. Bernie was awful. DeBlasio beyond awful. Booker and Klobuchar: Meh.

Mayor Pete maybe a bit less bad and Tulsi semi-tolerable but still not great.
I would have never voted for Warren or Bernie. That were not in my 5-10. My top four were: Amy K, Pete B, Tulsi G, and Andrew Y. Of the others you mentioned Booker would have been acceptable. ALL far superior to Biden in so many ways.

When I revealed on Facebook that for the first time since I started voting in 1972 that I was NOT voting for the Democratic presidential candidate and was, instead, writing in Tulsi H, I was accused of being a horrible person and voting for Trump!

Vinny
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise »

But Tulsi’s personality seems great! A born leader! :)
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

MangoMan wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:52 pm
vnatale wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:35 pm
MangoMan wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:58 pm
vnatale wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:48 pm

Okay, scraping still?

Vinny
Okay, whatever. But Warren was awful. Bernie was awful. DeBlasio beyond awful. Booker and Klobuchar: Meh.

Mayor Pete maybe a bit less bad and Tulsi semi-tolerable but still not great.
I would have never voted for Warren or Bernie. That were not in my 5-10. My top four were: Amy K, Pete B, Tulsi G, and Andrew Y. Of the others you mentioned Booker would have been acceptable. ALL far superior to Biden in so many ways.

When I revealed on Facebook that for the first time since I started voting in 1972 that I was NOT voting for the Democratic presidential candidate and was, instead, writing in Tulsi H, I was accused of being a horrible person and voting for Trump!

Vinny
So were any of them really good? As in "It would be so awesome to have _______ be president." rather than "they're not awful"?
I'd not equate "really good" and "awesome" as being equivalent. I would have been quite happy to have had any of my top four. All seemed serious, hard working, intelligent. Able to handle the job.

Vinny
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

MangoMan wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:49 pm
Tortoise wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:21 pm
MangoMan wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:58 pm Tulsi semi-tolerable but still not great.
Where do you consider Tulsi to be lacking?
She supports:
Ending cash bail.
Ending mandatory minimum sentences.
Raise minimum wage to $15.
Mandatory PAID family leave.
Open to reparations (my family immigrated after slavery ended).
Free college (do those that already paid get a refund?).
Anti nuclear power.
Ban on assault weapons.
DACA.
You left out that she is a veteran who knows the reality of war and would, therefore, be slow, slow, slow to bring our country into any more of them.

At the debates she was not shy at putting the other candidates on the spot. Displayed a tough mind.

Again, as a prodigious C-Span watcher, I did not just see 1/2 minute clips of her. I'd see her entire talk in front of a group. Then I'd see the following 30-60 minutes while she was talking to people on a one-on-one basis.

As far as your list goes and where I agree / disagree:

Ending cash bail -- Agree
Ending mandatory minimum sentences -- Agree
Raise minimum wage to $15 -- Disagree
Mandatory PAID family leave -- Disagree
Open to reparations (my family immigrated after slavery ended) -- Disagree
Free college (do those that already paid get a refund?) -- Need more details. I could go free for state schools, making satisfactory progress and means tested. Nothing for private schools.

Anti nuclear power. -- There was one going to put up a mile behind my house. How many of you would live within a mile of one? If safe, why do our homeowners policies not offer coverage in case of a nuclear accident?

Ban on assault weapons -- Agree
DACA -- Agree

She looks good to me. I am never going to agree with anyone on everything!

Vinny