Trump campaign loses 5 more cases in Penn Supreme Court Decision

glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Trump campaign loses 5 more cases in Penn Supreme Court Decision

Post by glennds »

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court Monday issued opinions rejecting five lawsuits filed by the Trump campaign aimed at invalidating 8,329 ballots cast in the 2020 presidential contest over technical concerns.

Three justices wrote in the majority that, "no allegations of fraud or illegality" came up in examination of the ballots.
"Failures to include a handwritten name, address or date in the voter declaration on the back of the outer envelope, while constituting technical violations of the Election Code, do not warrant the wholesale disenfranchisement of thousands of Pennsylvania voters," Justice Christine L. Donohue wrote for the majority.
https://6abc.com/election-results-donal ... a/8210226/
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Trump campaign loses 5 more cases in Penn Supreme Court Decision

Post by Mountaineer »

glennds wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:55 pm
The Pennsylvania Supreme Court Monday issued opinions rejecting five lawsuits filed by the Trump campaign aimed at invalidating 8,329 ballots cast in the 2020 presidential contest over technical concerns.

Three justices wrote in the majority that, "no allegations of fraud or illegality" came up in examination of the ballots.
"Failures to include a handwritten name, address or date in the voter declaration on the back of the outer envelope, while constituting technical violations of the Election Code, do not warrant the wholesale disenfranchisement of thousands of Pennsylvania voters," Justice Christine L. Donohue wrote for the majority.
https://6abc.com/election-results-donal ... a/8210226/
Beautiful. A judge saying if you don't follow the rules (legal guidance?), there are no consequences. Just beautiful.
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

Lol. No address, date, or signature required to count the "vote".

There are people who think there's no evidence of fraud and cite these court rulings as proof.

I suppose if half the "votes" for Biden were just his name written on an otherwise blank napkin dropped by a Harris-Biden bus at 2AM that would be the "Will of the people".

At least Trump beat Kamala by so many millions of votes they had to commit fraud on such a massive scale that tens of millions of people see the corruption for the first time.

Harris will be the most unpopular president ever sworn in even though they claim she got more votes than anyone ever. We are in clown world.

That is if Trump gives up office.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

I'd like to hear some.more details on that ruling. I voted by mail. I wouldn't say it was confusing, but I can see how steps could be overlooked...let's just say it was more complicated that it needed to be. We definitely need to implement a 21st century solution to this paper and pencil thing.

Every American citizen is issued a unique number. Isn't that enough to identify someone? I don't know why this name thing keeps coming up with dead voters for example....there must be 10,000 John Smiths...but there is only one 123-45-6789. I also would like a system where I can check on my vote, and maybe even alter it up until election night. It would also be nice to have a system where we didn't have to wait days for thousands of people to manually count votes.

With the way government moves might have to wait a century for all of that though.
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds »

What I would be interested in knowing is what % of the 8,329 ballots in question are for Trump and what % are for Biden.

I think there is an assumption that since the Trump campaign was seeking to invalidate these ballots they must all be Biden votes, but I do not think it is even known which candidate the contested ballots are for.

What if the majority are for Trump and the result is a net loss for him? What if they are evenly split or close enough to be meaningless?
The overall results in Pennsylvania are 50% Biden, 48.8% Trump, 1.2% other. So if anything approximating those ratios is applicable, this is a tempest in a teapot. Mathematically speaking.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

glennds wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:31 am What I would be interested in knowing is what % of the 8,329 ballots in question are for Trump and what % are for Biden.

I think there is an assumption that since the Trump campaign was seeking to invalidate these ballots they must all be Biden votes, but I do not think it is even known which candidate the contested ballots are for.

What if the majority are for Trump and the result is a net loss for him? What if they are evenly split or close enough to be meaningless?
The overall results in Pennsylvania are 50% Biden, 48.8% Trump, 1.2% other. So if anything approximating those ratios is applicable, this is a tempest in a teapot. Mathematically speaking.
Is it true what I read in an AP story yesterday that some of the Trumpists were advocating invalidating all the votes for president on the ballot but NOT the rest of the votes on the ballot, which led to many of them resulting in the Republican candidates winning?

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."