Did Justice Alito lay a trap for the Democrats?

glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Did Justice Alito lay a trap for the Democrats?

Post by glennds »

Libertarian666 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:05 pm "Again, it’s conspicuous that Justice Alito extended the response date until the day after “Safe Harbor” day. If they wanted to send a signal that the Supreme Court isn’t getting involved, they could have either not accepted the petition or they could have followed standard practices and set the state’s deadline for the 7th or earlier. By delaying it, Justice Alito has given Representative Kelly, his legal team, and others an open door to disregard “Safe Harbor” and press forward with efforts to overturn fraudulent election results."

https://noqreport.com/2020/12/04/did-ju ... day-after/
On the other hand, maybe he didn't.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday rejected an effort to overturn the results of the presidential election in Pennsylvania, signaling the high court would not go along with President Trump's unprecedented efforts to win another term despite a decisive defeat in the popular vote and Electoral College.

The lawsuit was brought by Republican Rep. Mike Kelly, who argued a 2019 state law authorizing universal mail-in voting is unconstitutional and that all ballots cast by mail in the general election in Pennsylvania should be thrown out.

"The application for injunctive relief presented to Justice [Samuel] Alito and by him referred to the Court is denied," said the court's one-sentence order, which did not suggest any dissent among the nine justices.
https://www.npr.org/2020/12/08/94423051 ... on-results
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me »

My guess is he just said whatever it was he said and some other people started thinking about laying traps. Those other people get paid for coming up with something people will read so they are always looking for "traps".
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds »

pp4me wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:13 pm My guess is he just said whatever it was he said and some other people started thinking about laying traps. Those other people get paid for coming up with something people will read so they are always looking for "traps".
Plus trap rhymes with crap, so that may be the source of some of the confusion.