The nastiness may have only begun

doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

The nastiness may have only begun

Post by doodle »

"Rep. Bill Pascrell, D-N.J., sent a letter Friday urging House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., to consider blocking more than 100 Republican lawmakers from taking office because of their support for President Trump's lawsuit challenging the 2020 election results.

The courageous Reconstruction Congress implanted into our governing document safeguards to cleanse from our government ranks any traitors and others who would seek to destroy the Union," he said.

The 12-term legislator went on to quote the 14th Amendment, which blocks individuals from serving in office if they engaged in an "insurrection or rebellion."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem-c ... -lawsuit
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: The nastiness may have only begun

Post by pmward »

I hope she doesn't really consider this. I don't think Biden would support that. Biden has been saying over and over that he wants to create an environment of "compromise" and "working across the isle". He has shown no desire to stoop to Trumps level, to try to get revenge, or even to attempt to defend himself against Trumps relentless attacks. He keeps ignoring the Republicans attacks and saying over and over that his main objective is to bring both sides back to the table so constructive discussion can start to happen again. In order to do that, you kind of have to be willing to forgive and forget your enemies trespasses and extend your arm anyway. If the Democrats in congress start trying to look for ways to take revenge, then there is no hope. The only way there is hope is if Biden can lead them to take the higher road.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

pmward wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:15 am I hope she doesn't really consider this. I don't think Biden would support that. Biden has been saying over and over that he wants to create an environment of "compromise" and "working across the isle". He has shown no desire to stoop to Trumps level, to try to get revenge, or even to attempt to defend himself against Trumps relentless attacks. He keeps ignoring the Republicans attacks and saying over and over that his main objective is to bring both sides back to the table so constructive discussion can start to happen again. In order to do that, you kind of have to be willing to forgive and forget your enemies trespasses and extend your arm anyway. If the Democrats in congress start trying to look for ways to take revenge, then there is no hope. The only way there is hope is if Biden can lead them to take the higher road.
I hope this doesn't happen either, but the Merrick Garland situation truly made me wonder whether the republican party is even capable of rational compromise anymore. I wish Biden the best of luck.
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pmward »

doodle wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:26 am
pmward wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:15 am I hope she doesn't really consider this. I don't think Biden would support that. Biden has been saying over and over that he wants to create an environment of "compromise" and "working across the isle". He has shown no desire to stoop to Trumps level, to try to get revenge, or even to attempt to defend himself against Trumps relentless attacks. He keeps ignoring the Republicans attacks and saying over and over that his main objective is to bring both sides back to the table so constructive discussion can start to happen again. In order to do that, you kind of have to be willing to forgive and forget your enemies trespasses and extend your arm anyway. If the Democrats in congress start trying to look for ways to take revenge, then there is no hope. The only way there is hope is if Biden can lead them to take the higher road.
I hope this doesn't happen either, but the Merrick Garland situation truly made me wonder whether the republican party is even capable of rational compromise anymore. I wish Biden the best of luck.
I think once Trump is out of the way, if Biden does stick to his plan he will be able to earn the respect of Republican politicians by being willing to work with them and acknowledging their voice and opinion as legitimate. Especially so if he can lead Pelosi to lower her partisan brick wall and take a similar softer stance.

I think Biden will have a harder time earning the Republican general publics respect though, as Trump will continue to try to poison the waters with his relentless brainwashing propaganda for the entire term. The general public is more susceptible to this brain washing than politicians are. The politicians know what is bullshit, they just stick by it as long as it suits their wants and needs. The general public does not have this choice, they do not have the same knowledge of what is bullshit and what is not.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise »

Here are a few photos that Moderate Meet-in-the-Middle Biden posted of his dogs on Instagram recently. The great unifier, bringing Americans together!

doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

Alex Jones:

"So I don't know who's going to the White House in 38 days but I sure know this - Joe Biden is a globalist and Joe Biden will be removed one way or another."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/wor ... 471.html
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

tomfoolery wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:50 pm
pmward wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:30 am
I think once Trump is out of the way, if Biden does stick to his plan he will be able to earn the respect of Republican politicians by being willing to work with them and acknowledging their voice and opinion as legitimate. Especially so if he can lead Pelosi to lower her partisan brick wall and take a similar softer stance.

I think Biden will have a harder time earning the Republican general publics respect though, as Trump will continue to try to poison the waters with his relentless brainwashing propaganda for the entire term. The general public is more susceptible to this brain washing than politicians are. The politicians know what is bullshit, they just stick by it as long as it suits their wants and needs. The general public does not have this choice, they do not have the same knowledge of what is bullshit and what is not.
People would rather fight each other than work together. People are damn near ready to go to war with each other, all in a battle for power.
It seems fairly clear. But ascertaining that when you say "people" you are referring to the aforementioned politicians? Just checking.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pmward »

tomfoolery wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:50 pm
pmward wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:30 am

People would rather fight each other than work together. People are damn near ready to go to war with each other, all in a battle for power.
Sad, but true.
GT
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by GT »

Tortoise wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:11 pm Here are a few photos that Moderate Meet-in-the-Middle Biden posted of his dogs on Instagram recently. The great unifier, bringing Americans together!

Didn't Biden brake his foot while playing with his dog? Wonder if he tripped over the Trump doll?
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise »

GT wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:30 pm Didn't Biden brake his foot while playing with his dog? Wonder if he tripped over the Trump doll?
Realistically, Biden’s foot injury was probably due to something much more mundane like stumbling on a staircase or a step. But that’s just my own baseless, unsubstantiated conspiracy theory. 😉
GT
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by GT »

Tortoise wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:52 pm
GT wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:30 pm Didn't Biden brake his foot while playing with his dog? Wonder if he tripped over the Trump doll?
Realistically, Biden’s foot injury was probably due to something much more mundane like stumbling on a staircase or a step. But that’s just my own baseless, unsubstantiated conspiracy theory. 😉
Yes - agree - playing with the dog has a better spin then tripping over the rug on the way to the bathroom.

I have to admit, a tiny Trump doll tormenting Biden would make a great parody skit
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

I have to admit, a tiny Trump doll tormenting Biden would make a great parody skit
Biden has been amazingly imperturbable through all of this. Perhaps his dementia is just what this country needs! It's his superpower.

Media: Did you you hear what Trump said about you?

Biden: Who's that?