What's Trump's next move?

glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

What's Trump's next move?

Post by glennds » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:41 pm

His Twitter activity would suggest he's far from giving up the fight to hang on to power.

Declare a national emergency?
Invoke emergency presidential powers (the full extent of which are not publicly known)?
Sabotage the electoral vote or congressional adoption of it in some way?
Concede and cooperate fully with a peaceful transfer of power?
Barricade the White House, hunker down and claim squatter's rights, refuse to leave because the election was fraudulent?
Invite Biden to the WH for a thorough transition meeting, to be followed by a hosted lunch with all the former presidents as a resource group, following GW Bush's example during the Obama transition?

Any predictions on what his next move might be?
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: What's Trump's next move?

Post by Ad Orientem » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:55 pm

According to multiple sources his next move will be to Florida where he is going to take up residence in or near his golf club. His wife has been scouting private schools in the area for their son Barron. As for what he does between now and January 20th, I am no longer that interested. I assume he will issue a raft of pardons on his way out. These will include his family, businesses, business associates and in the end, himself. He is not capable of staging a military coup though I don't doubt he would consider it if he thought he could get away with it. Beyond that he will continue trying to poison the well for his successor and spreading lies about the election. But the election will be over tomorrow, officially.

History is not going to be kind to him.
Trumpism is not a philosophy or a movement. It's a cult.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:37 am

Ad Orientem wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:55 pm
According to multiple sources his next move will be to Florida where he is going to take up residence in or near his golf club. His wife has been scouting private schools in the area for their son Barron. As for what he does between now and January 20th, I am no longer that interested. I assume he will issue a raft of pardons on his way out. These will include his family, businesses, business associates and in the end, himself. He is not capable of staging a military coup though I don't doubt he would consider it if he thought he could get away with it. Beyond that he will continue trying to poison the well for his successor and spreading lies about the election. But the election will be over tomorrow, officially.

History is not going to be kind to him.
Maybe he will have the J and H and B keys removed from the White House keyboards. ;)
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pmward » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:53 am

I think he is going to try to get objections in both the house and senate for the Jan elector count. That will stir up some more drama. Ultimately that will fail though, because even if some state electors go to a vote of confidence, there's no way both house and senate would give a majority vote. But it's another way to stir the pot and get publicity, so Trump will continue to try.

I would be curious to see if he ever actually creates some kind of fraud litigation. So far all of his suits have been about state policy, there is no fraud allegations submitted to the courts as of yet.

I think he announces his 2024 run on Jan 20 during Biden's inauguration as a blatant FU of sorts.

In the end, Bide will be inaugurated in Jan. Trump will keep up the drama for publicity which will inevitably help his launch of his new media conglomerate, where he will spend his time continuing to spread his flavor or propaganda and brainwash the most amount of people possible. Trump is using this election drama as a strategy to give himself more power and influence out of office than he otherwise would have had. Trump is not going to step out of the limelight like all past presidents have. He is going to try to keep the spotlight on himself, and to profit from this spotlight, as much as is possible. He is really in a win/win situation right now. Even if he loses the White House, he still wins more power, influence, and money going forward.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:58 am

If he wants to continue to exist and spew stuff on the margins in right wing media, more power to him.

As long as he's out of the main media spotlight, and only occasionally intrudes, like Rush, works for me. Like AO, I am no longer interested.

The more off the deep end conspiracy minded he gets, the better. I can only hope that causes his followers to dwindle over time.
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pmward » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:08 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:58 am
If he wants to continue to exist and spew stuff on the margins in right wing media, more power to him.

As long as he's out of the main media spotlight, and only occasionally intrudes, like Rush, works for me. Like AO, I am no longer interested.

The more off the deep end conspiracy minded he gets, the better. I can only hope that causes his followers to dwindle over time.
Yeah I don't think what he is planning will be "on the margins". I think his plan is to become the dominant right wing media outlet. Not only for the profit but also because he can control the right wing narrative this way. He knows how to work the media. He knows that stirring up controversy equals clicks, and clicks equal both money and influence.

I also do think he will stick with the "deep end conspiracy minded", but sadly these things sell. There is a big market for them. I think what he will do will be much more risqué than we have seen from any of the current big media players. Sadly, I do think this stands a good chance to be very successful both monetarily and in terms of narrative control. If there is one thing Trump knows how to do well, it's how to gain publicity. I think all of what is going on with the "fraud" accusations and the like are a big part of that publicity strategy. Whether we like it or not, we are struck with Trump having wide scale influence over our society going forward.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:22 pm

I'm hearing the PA and GA legislature sent Republican electors, AZ is having an election integrity meeting, and the investigation in the Dominion SW results are showing massive fraud skewing for Biden.

MI legislature is meeting, they'll probably go Republican also.

Looking very good for Trump I think.

We'll see. My original vote was Trump would win and wouldn't need the Supremes.

Don't put your popcorn down.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:23 pm

This is all coming from my buddy, I'm working so no time to confirm what's happening.
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pmward » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:29 pm

SomeDude wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:22 pm
I'm hearing the PA and GA legislature sent Republican electors, AZ is having an election integrity meeting, and the investigation in the Dominion SW results are showing massive fraud skewing for Biden.

MI legislature is meeting, they'll probably go Republican also.

Looking very good for Trump I think.

We'll see. My original vote was Trump would win and wouldn't need the Supremes.

Don't put your popcorn down.
It's too late. The electors are voting today. The only chance to overthrow the election is if congress votes to throw those state electors out. That would require a majority of both houses, which is not going to happen.

Now, Trump can definitely launch a fraud suit after the fact, but he would not get the White House back. The most he could really ask for is some kind of damages from the states, and perhaps a Biden impeachment (which would just end with a Kamala presidency so that would probably be worse for him).

In other words, it's over. Accept your loss and move on.
Last edited by pmward on Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shekels » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:32 pm

Just a quick note
EO 2018
Executive Order 13848

Look it up.

45 days is about here.

Hope you are Faring Well and stocked up.
Last edited by shekels on Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:32 pm

pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pmward » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:38 pm

SomeDude wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:32 pm
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republ ... -for-trump

Haven't read the story yet
Basically they made a pretend unofficial elector vote that doesn't count. It's not news. The actual official electors went the way they were expected. It's over.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:53 pm

Doesn't look as promising as my buddy made it sound. He said the the legislatures in PA and GA sent republican electors and Governor and Sec of state sent Dems in opposition.
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Ad Orientem » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:53 pm

pmward wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:38 pm
SomeDude wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:32 pm
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republ ... -for-trump

Haven't read the story yet
Basically they made a pretend unofficial elector vote that doesn't count. It's not news. The actual official electors went the way they were expected. It's over.
+1

This was a political stunt with zero legal significance.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:01 pm

SomeDude wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:53 pm
Doesn't look as promising as my buddy made it sound. He said the the legislatures in PA and GA sent republican electors and Governor and Sec of state sent Dems in opposition.
"This is all coming from my buddy" very rarely turns out to be real news. ;D
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:17 pm

Tortoise wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:01 pm
SomeDude wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:53 pm
"This is all coming from my buddy" very rarely turns out to be real news. ;D
That's why I qualified it. I figured there were some people here with time on their hands who could look into it. I'm slammed today. O0
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:37 pm

I predict he will concede when all legal possibilities are exhausted just as he has indicated he would. Even though everybody knows he's another incarnation of Satan in the flesh he won't try to declare himself dictator as Adolph Hitler did because he has learned enough from Hitler's mistakes that he won't repeat them. Instead he'll bide his time, and let peace break out in the Middle East due to the peace agreements he brokered. Biden will eventually get us into another war with the help of the neoconservatives he's surrounded himself with and then he will run a deceptive campaign in 2024 on a peace platform.

Once he regains office he will marshal the forces of Satan and reveal his true nature, with the Nazi emblem, burning Klu Klux Klan crosses, and a vast number of white supremacists that cannot be numbered, he will try to take over the whole world.

But God will finally have to intervene to save humanity, just as the Bible predicts. His forces will be defeated and all of his followers along with his sons and daughters will be cast along with him into the lake that burns with fire and brimstone. The smoke of their torment will rise forever and ever.
Last edited by pp4me on Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:00 pm

pp4me wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:37 pm
I predict he will concede when all legal possibilities are exhausted just as he has indicated he would. Even though everybody knows he's another incarnation of Satan in the flesh he won't try to declare himself dictator as Adolph Hitler did because he has learned enough from Hitler's mistakes that he won't repeat them. Instead he'll bide his time, and let peace break out in the Middle East due to the peace agreements he brokered. Biden will eventually get us into another war with the help of the neoconservatives he's surrounded himself with and then he will run a deceptive campaign in 2024 on a peace platform.

Once he regains office he will marshal the forces of Satan and reveal his true nature, with the Nazi emblem, burning Klu Klux Klan crosses, and a vast number of white supremacists that cannot be numbered, he will try to take over the whole world.

But God will finally have to intervene to save humanity, just as the Bible predicts. His forces will be defeated and all of his followers will be cast along with him into the lake that burns with fire and brimstone. The smoke of their torment will rise forever and ever.
Or so says your buddy....
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:35 pm

pp4me wrote:

But God will finally have to intervene to save humanity, just as the Bible predicts. His forces will be defeated and all of his followers along with his sons and daughters will be cast along with him into the lake that burns with fire and brimstone. The smoke of their torment will rise forever and ever.
This is so nonsensical pp4me, there is NO WAY Biden lasts 4 years.........

you are way out in left field! ;D
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:51 pm

SomeDude wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:35 pm
pp4me wrote:

Yes, you are probably right but Kamilla is waiting in the wings to make her mark in history as the first ever to be admired and celebrated for so many goddamn things it's hard to even count. Maybe she is the real antichrist if we're wrong about Donald Trump. We'll just have to wait and see.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:57 pm

His next move?

Firing Barr apparently.

I wonder if these type of reactions don't create far more enemies than they do allies.

Very polarizing.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:01 pm

pp4me wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:51 pm
SomeDude wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:35 pm
pp4me wrote:

Yes, you are probably right but Kamilla is waiting in the wings to make her mark in history as the first ever to be admired and celebrated for so many goddamn things it's hard to even count. Maybe she is the real antichrist if we're wrong about Donald Trump. We'll just have to wait and see.
I was just teasing about Biden making it 4 years. These people are straight out of the pit of Hell no doubt. As my grandma used to say though "the democrats will vote for the devil himself.....if he runs as a democrat".
Last edited by SomeDude on Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:04 pm

Case in point...looks like GOP just lost another house seat....post election.

In an exclusive interview, Rep. Paul Mitchell, Republican of Michigan, told CNN that his disgust and disappointment with President Donald Trump's efforts to overturn the results of the election have led him to request that the Clerk of the House change his party affiliation to "independent," and to notify GOP leaders in a letter that he is withdrawing his "engagement and association with the Republican Party at both the national and state level."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/14/politic ... dex.html
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pmward » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:08 pm

It is official, Biden has 270 electors. It's over! It's finally over! That was the longest Election Day ever...
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Sometimes you eat the Barr and sometimes, well, the Barr he eats you.

TheBar.jpg
TheBar.jpg (41.37 KiB) Viewed 6598 times