What’s up with Trump lately?

Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

What’s up with Trump lately?

Post by Cortopassi »

I’ve purposely not followed anything recently, but just looked at his Twitter and don’t see much of anything except the continuing election related comments.

Is there any path still available to him that staunch believers are aware of?

I ask seriously, not trying to tweak anyone.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: What’s up with Trump lately?

Post by doodle »

Cortopassi wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:34 pm I’ve purposely not followed anything recently, but just looked at his Twitter and don’t see much of anything except the continuing election related comments.

I just don't think he even wants the job anymore. I wouldn't. It's been four years of hell for him. Only problem is he needs to figure out an exit that simultaneously protects his ego..will probably ride the fraud thing out til the end. .
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Cortopassi wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:34 pm I’ve purposely not followed anything recently, but just looked at his Twitter and don’t see much of anything except the continuing election related comments.

What I heard today on one of the Sunday news shows was that he has had meetings with General Flynn to discuss declaring martial law so as to redo the elections in the states that he lost!

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

This will be a difficult discussion because we disagree on very basic premises.

I will not create a tomfoolery, er, i mean, strawman position by pretending to know exactly what anyone else here thinks.

I will state what i think.

1. Trump is a good man at heart, who loves people, peace and prosperity AND America.

2. He is a New York liberal, or at least that's the role he's played all his life including to the present.

3. He has a massive ego. This is true I'm sure of all billionaire US presidents lol. This is NOT his defining characteristic, nor is it even that remarkable. Few people of his achievement could be humble.

4. He does not fundamentally believe in all the principles of the constitution or what made America great. He thinks he can meddle in it a little and make it better.

5. There was massive coordinated and spontaneous fraud in the election to the tune of millions of votes most likely. The evidence is so overwhelming and there has been zero attempt to refute it. I know some members disagree. What i don't know is how. I really think you must be lying to yourselves.

6. The fraud caused at least PA, MI, NV, AZ, GA, and WI to at least be temporarily counted for Biden in most people's eyes.

7. A majority of voters believe there was serious fraud.

8. Dual electors were selected and voted in those states.

9. Evidence of fraud and support for Trump politically will keep growing.

10. On jan 6th, at least one member of both chambers of congress will object to the count of 270 for Biden.

11. After deliberation, Trump will either get 270 and be reflected or it will go to the house and he'll be re-elected there.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

There are limitless scenarios. I'm just saying what i think is most likely.

Trump could give up, but i see zero, and i mean zero indication of that.

He must know they plan on throwing him and maybe his family in prison should he lose power.

He has slowed the globalist agenda and they want blood. His blood and the blood of the Americans.

They have such contempt for us they are trying to push a babbling corpse through with insultingly obvious fraud.

If Trump does not give up, a big if, i think he has a very good shot of winning still.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

vnatale wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:49 pm

What I heard today on one of the Sunday news shows was that he has had meetings with General Flynn to discuss declaring martial law so as to redo the elections in the states that he lost!

Vinny
This is what I've been hoping he would do since a few days after the election.

He tried the courts but none will hear the evidence.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

I think its also 100% certain Trump has all the evidence he needs and then some. He may let perps off the hook to some extent if Joe comes out and resigns the "office of the President elect" before Jan 6th.

Lots of things could happen.

Do not, do NOT put down your popcorn.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

SomeDude wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:20 pm I think its also 100% certain Trump has all the evidence he needs and then some. He may let perps off the hook to some extent if Joe comes out and resigns the "office of the President elect" before Jan 6th.

Lots of things could happen.

Do not, do NOT put down your popcorn.

Lol!!! I forgot how entertaining this used to be! Thanks for the memories.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

We can only hope this is the future:
Attachments
maxresdefault-30-768x432.jpg
maxresdefault-30-768x432.jpg (55.03 KiB) Viewed 4044 times
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi »

Somedude, again asking seriously. You would be happy with him declaring martial law? Doesn’t there need to be some violence or something to justify it?

If there was a do over, and agreed to, there’s no way it could just be in the states he lost..., and the ones he won in were squeaky clean examples of voting across the board?
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

Cortopassi wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:39 pm Somedude, again asking seriously. You would be happy with him declaring martial law? Doesn’t there need to be some violence or something to justify it?

If there was a do over, and agreed to, there’s no way it could just be in the states he lost..., and the ones he won in were squeaky clean examples of voting across the board?
Yes i do support it. A criminal gang, probably most foreigners, have attempted to use massive fraud to take control of the United States government. I fully support the military arresting the perpetrators.

We could do the vote across the whole country. I'm not sure who the Dems would run though. I don't see how Biden gets away without prosecution unless he strikes a deal and withdraws before Jan 6th.

We disagree on basic premises that's why our conclusions are much different.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

We are living in alternate realities between which there is no bridge.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

doodle wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:57 pm We are living in alternate realities between which there is no bridge.
This is bar none the most accurate statement I've ever read from you doodle
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

SomeDude wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:59 pm
doodle wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:57 pm We are living in alternate realities between which there is no bridge.
This is bar none the most accurate statement I've ever read from you doodle
Luckily your alternate reality never seems to become reality.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

Well now, it appears as if Smartmatic and Dominion are hitting back with defamation lawsuits in the courts. Fox apparently has already retracted a bunch of false allegations...will be interesting to see how this plays out. I'm sure that Sidney Powell, Giuliani and rest will be included.

Each outlet published “dozens of factually inaccurate statements,” Smartmatic claimed in the legal notices, all of which could have easily been disproven with a minimal amount of effort.

Instead of conducting basic research, however, Smartmatic said the right-wing outlets engaged in what it characterized as a “disinformation campaign” intended to discredit the outcome of the election.

“They have no evidence to support their attacks on Smartmatic because there is no evidence,” Antonio Mugica, CEO of Smartmatic said in a statement. “This campaign was designed to defame Smartmatic and undermine legitimately conducted elections.”
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise »

“They have no evidence... because there is no evidence,” Antonio Mugica, CEO of Smartmatic said in a statement.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

That's pretty much the gist of the lawsuit. Will be interesting to see if Sidney Powell squawks when the Dominion suit hits.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi »

doodle wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:42 pm Well now, it appears as if Smartmatic and Dominion are hitting back with defamation lawsuits in the courts. Fox apparently has already retracted a bunch of false allegations...will be interesting to see how this plays out. I'm sure that Sidney Powell, Giuliani and rest will be included.

Each outlet published “dozens of factually inaccurate statements,” Smartmatic claimed in the legal notices, all of which could have easily been disproven with a minimal amount of effort.

Instead of conducting basic research, however, Smartmatic said the right-wing outlets engaged in what it characterized as a “disinformation campaign” intended to discredit the outcome of the election.

“They have no evidence to support their attacks on Smartmatic because there is no evidence,” Antonio Mugica, CEO of Smartmatic said in a statement. “This campaign was designed to defame Smartmatic and undermine legitimately conducted elections.”
Out of Trump's playbook right? They hit you, you hit them back harder. If it was my company damn right I'd be pissed.
ahhrunforthehills
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ahhrunforthehills »

Meh. Defamation lawsuits against the media is a big nothing-burger. Sounds like these companies are just doing it for the PR.

Suing someone for defamation and actually winning is extremely hard. I think the odds are like 12%... and that is if you are suing a person. Suing the media would be INSANELY HARDER. Not to mention, since the companies that are doing the suing are involved in our election process, they are probably deemed as a "public person". That means that they would have to prove actual malice in order to win. Good luck with that.

Doing a simple retraction on a couple points that practically nobody is even paying attention to is probably all that is needed to make their defense slam-dunk.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

ahhrunforthehills wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:42 am Meh. Defamation lawsuits against the media is a big nothing-burger. Sounds like these companies are just doing it for the PR.

Suing someone for defamation and actually winning is extremely hard. I think the odds are like 12%... and that is if you are suing a person. Suing the media would be INSANELY HARDER. Not to mention, since the companies that are doing the suing are involved in our election process, they are probably deemed as a "public person". That means that they would have to prove actual malice in order to win. Good luck with that.

Doing a simple retraction on a couple points that practically nobody is even paying attention to is probably all that is needed to make their defense slam-dunk.
So far they have been a lot more effective than all of Trump's lawsuits.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

doodle wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:19 am
ahhrunforthehills wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:42 am Meh. Defamation lawsuits against the media is a big nothing-burger. Sounds like these companies are just doing it for the PR.

So far they have been a lot more effective than all of Trump's lawsuits.
Is it even possible to have been LESS effective??!!!

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Ad Orientem »

doodle wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:38 pm

I just don't think he even wants the job anymore. I wouldn't. It's been four years of hell for him. Only problem is he needs to figure out an exit that simultaneously protects his ego..will probably ride the fraud thing out til the end. .

Trump reminds me of the neighborhood dog that spent much of its time chasing cars, and in 2016 finally caught one. Getting elected POTUS (which he never expected) has been an unmitigated disaster for his businesses and reputation.
Trumpism is not a philosophy or a movement. It's a cult.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

Ad Orientem wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:16 pm

Trump reminds me of the neighborhood dog that spent much of its time chasing cars, and in 2016 finally caught one. Getting elected POTUS (which he never expected) has been an unmitigated disaster for his businesses and reputation.
I like the dog metaphor. Biden is the dog who chased for 47 years, then got himself caught by a sleeper - and probably can’t even get himself up to realize it. ;)
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

Ad Orientem wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:16 pm Trump reminds me of the neighborhood dog that spent much of its time chasing cars, and in 2016 finally caught one. Getting elected POTUS (which he never expected) has been an unmitigated disaster for his businesses and reputation.
How do you know he didn't expect it? He is a very successful fellow. Those types generally do not expect failure. He has only ever projected confidence so I'm wondering what it is you're seeing that leads you to think he didn't expect to win?

He has the highest approval rating pretty much of any republican president ever. What is the disaster to his reputation? What has changed about his reputation from before to now? He was known as a brash, unapologetic playboy with a penchant for hitting back hard and clearly disliked by the more snowflaky citizens. Has his reputation changed or just been cemented?
Last edited by SomeDude on Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Ad Orientem wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:16 pm

How many of you stayed up until 4 AM to watch his speech that night? It was 100% clear he was in shock that he'd actually won!

Vinny