The Secession Thread

Hal
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: The Secession Thread

Post by Hal » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:23 am

doodle wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:09 am
It would be inhumane to send our convicts to the communist country of Australia with their gun control laws and national healthcare system.
Surely you can't be questioning Chairman Dan :o
https://en.uncyclopedia.co/wiki/Daniel_Andrews
doodle wrote:
In all seriousness, has anyone here watched the documentary on the Osho cult on netflix and their commune Rajneeshpuram that they built in eastern Oregon? Pretty impressive until it all went downhill. Why would it be so hard for a couple hundred like minded individuals to carve out a small lichtenstein sized block of land somewhere out in northern nevada and create their own experimental society? You don't need to have entire states seceed to get something underway. You could basically build your own society today.
You are correct. Visited a few permaculture communities in my time and they seem to work.
https://www.ic.org/directory/listings/
However if times get tough, I could see the land tax becoming impossible to pay. Happened here in the 30's.
Maybe you would be back in the "No taxation without representation" scenario.
Aussie GoldSmithPP - 25% PMGOLD, 75% VDCO
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:37 am

Hal wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:23 am
doodle wrote:
It would be inhumane to send our convicts to the communist country of Australia with their gun control laws and national healthcare system.
Surely you can't be questioning Chairman Dan :o
https://en.uncyclopedia.co/wiki/Daniel_Andrews
doodle wrote:
In all seriousness, has anyone here watched the documentary on the Osho cult on netflix and their commune Rajneeshpuram that they built in eastern Oregon? Pretty impressive until it all went downhill. Why would it be so hard for a couple hundred like minded individuals to carve out a small lichtenstein sized block of land somewhere out in northern nevada and create their own experimental society? You don't need to have entire states seceed to get something underway. You could basically build your own society today.
You are correct. Visited a few permaculture communities in my time and they seem to work.
https://www.ic.org/directory/listings/
However if times get tough, I could see the land tax becoming impossible to pay. Happened here in the 30's.
Maybe you would be back in the "No taxation without representation" scenario.
There are at least two places I have mentioned here in past posts that exist already as so called autonomous zones within the United States...to the extent that they are quite remote and are basically left alone. I've driven through northern Nevada...it can be beautiful in places but it's very uninhabited. I would think a hundred square miles of land out there wouldn't cost a whole lot. If israel can farm the negev desert, I'm pretty sure you could make something out of what you have up there. I'd support a true libertarian go at creating a society out there. I'd even donate to such an undertaking out of sheer curiosity.

I imagine there are also locations in texas (another state with vast expanses of empty land) that would allow for a similar undertaking if Nevada isn't suitable. If members legally incorporated their own township and then created their own monetary system they could avoid most taxes. The land tax in either of those areas would be negligible I'd imagine.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:29 am

Not sure, but I think the Citadel went belly up. Could not find anything current about it with a quick search.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker ... he-citadel
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:32 pm

Mark Leavy wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:46 pm
The answer lies in the diminishing credibility of Nation States and the increasing dominance of multi-national corporations.
Regardless of where you stand on the issue, we have reached a turning point in the credibility of the US governmental system.
Twitter and Facebook have banned The President of the United States.

Note, this wasn't done by any of the three governmental branches or via any constitutional process or any public referendum. Those groups and methods are now demonstrated to be powerless and feckless. Completely without credibility. As, is now, also the office of the presidency.

Multi-nationals are no longer hiding the authority they wield. The façade of government authority will only grow shabbier.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:48 pm

Mark Leavy wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:32 pm
Mark Leavy wrote:
The answer lies in the diminishing credibility of Nation States and the increasing dominance of multi-national corporations.

Multi-nationals are no longer hiding the authority they wield. The façade of government authority will only grow shabbier.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the scenario you advocate for? Private corporations governing our world? Isn't it better that the veil of government is lifted and we just let these corporations have at it? I mean, we can all vote with our dollars now and it will be a perfect libertarian paradise. Perhaps the capitol should have called Brinks and Loomis instead of the national guard?
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:01 pm

Mark Leavy wrote:

Mark Leavy wrote:

Regardless of where you stand on the issue, we have reached a turning point in the credibility of the US governmental system.
Twitter and Facebook have banned The President of the United States.

Note, this wasn't done by any of the three governmental branches or via any constitutional process or any public referendum. Those groups and methods are now demonstrated to be powerless and feckless. Completely without credibility. As, is now, also the office of the presidency.

I heard today that Trump has his Twitter back?

Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:13 pm

doodle wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:48 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the scenario you advocate for? Private corporations governing our world? Isn't it better that the veil of government is lifted and we just let these corporations have at it? I mean, we can all vote with our dollars now and it will be a perfect libertarian paradise. Perhaps the capitol should have called Brinks and Loomis instead of the national guard?
You have me confused with someone else. I don't advocate for it. I try to live between the cracks of whatever system is in place. The key to doing that successfully is being honest about what the actual system is. Whatever it is.

I do think Blackwater would have handled it better than the capital police did.
vnatale wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:01 pm
I heard today that Trump has his Twitter back?
Exactly. And by what authority? By Jack's good graces. Nothing more or less.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:44 pm

Mark Leavy wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:13 pm

doodle wrote:

You have me confused with someone else. I don't advocate for it. I try to live between the cracks of whatever system is in place. The key to doing that successfully is being honest about what the actual system is. Whatever it is.

Could anyone anywhere have handled it worst? This was not a crowd that was rampaging with weapons. Did anyone look at the videos? It looked like a bunch of us's there!

Did you observe the lead guy? He was just looking for the one police that was there to give him the slightest resistance but that police guy just kept backing up. If at least five police put up a line in front of that "mob" I think the mob would have stopped dead in their tracks.

The performance of the Capitol police was incomprehensible particularly in the light of how they treated that one woman in a car several years ago. Where they immediately clearly out a large section of the outside area and then shot her dead.

This was an under performance of historic proportions.

Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:02 pm

vnatale wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:44 pm
Mark Leavy wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:13 pm
doodle wrote:

Could anyone anywhere have handled it worst? This was not a crowd that was rampaging with weapons. Did anyone look at the videos? It looked like a bunch of us's there!

Did you observe the lead guy? He was just looking for the one police that was there to give him the slightest resistance but that police guy just kept backing up. If at least five police put up a line in front of that "mob" I think the mob would have stopped dead in their tracks.

The performance of the Capitol police was incomprehensible particularly in the light of how they treated that one woman in a car several years ago. Where they immediately clearly out a large section of the outside area and then shot her dead.

This was an under performance of historic proportions.
Vinny, this is possibly my favorite post of yours of all time. The media is trying to paint this group of people as a violent mob. They were waving American flags, not burning them, and not burning anything else.

The police were clearly given directions to let them in. The purpose being to STOP the arguments of the senators and reps opposing Biden. Even if you think the election was legit, it's easy to see this was orchestrated to stop any discussion, just like all the courts dismissing the evidence without review, the news media repeating that there is no evidence, the tech companies deleting videos or channels that discuss it, or even use the word fraud.

For those who think the election was legit, this is worst case scenario for you. Now Biden has zero chance of legitimacy. Even Obama had legitimacy.

if you throught the election was legit you should have supported an examination of the evidence. If you thought it was fraudulent you should have supported an examination.

Now we have a huge mess and it's going to get messier. Half the country realizes elections do not matter and no branch of government now or ever will represent them.

If Trump is the cause of half the country losing faith in the voting system......good. The irony is I has totally lost faith in it until he restored it. I didn't vote for McCain or Romney because I knew they were traitor RHINOs. Then this blowhard comes along I figure what the hell..........
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:06 pm

Mark wrote:

I agree, which is why we need more training and higher standards for police. Blackwater Ops don't hire people with high school diplomas, give them a few months of classroom training, hand them a gun and expect them to do what they do.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:22 pm

SomeDude wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:02 pm

The police were clearly given directions to let them in. The purpose being to STOP the arguments of the senators and reps opposing Biden. Even if you think the election was legit, it's easy to see this was orchestrated to stop any discussion, just like all the courts dismissing the evidence without review, the news media repeating that there is no evidence, the tech companies deleting videos or channels that discuss it, or even use the word fraud.

if you throught the election was legit you should have supported an examination of the evidence. If you thought it was fraudulent you should have supported an examination.
Oh, God, this is the same conspiracy that my buddy is emailing me about incessantly right now. It must be the latest thing in the alt-right world right now.

They were JUST ABOUT to FINALLY reveal all the evidence they've apparently BENN HOLDING back to the last minute to finally thwart Biden and give Donald his rightful second term.

But those DAMN Antifa agitators that were BUSED IN stormed the Capitol and screwed it all up.

That about right?

How about everyone (media, social media and many politicians) finally, in the last couple months of a lying shit show presidency finally have gotten sick of it and saw no negative effects of finally breaking ranks, calling a lie a lie, shutting down his feeds, whatever. Dude is going to be gone in 13 days. He's a short timer.

----------

And really, WHAT evidence? If virtually every court in the land did not believe there was enough evidence to support a case, "I" am supposed to believe they are part of this grand conspiracy and not letting this evidence get shown?
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:28 pm

doodle wrote:

Mark Leavy wrote:

Mark Leavy wrote:

Great response!!! Seems to me the logical conclusion to what I read here for what many advocate in place of government.

SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:46 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:22 pm
And really, WHAT evidence? If virtually every court in the land did not believe there was enough evidence to support a case, "I" am supposed to believe they are part of this grand conspiracy and not letting this evidence get shown?
You're not interested in the evidence Cort. At this point......anyone who doesn't know how obvious the fraud was will never know because they don't want to know. if you wanted to see the evidence it's all out there despite massive amounts of censorship. If you wanted to see the evidence why would you cheer when the courts dismiss it and Supremes and Congress dismiss it? One side wants to present it publically, that's all. They want to present it publically because that would have put an end to this. Now it will never end.

Mind if I ask you a question? Why do you think the observers were kicked out of those few cities in the key swing states right before the landslides for Trump were erased? Why do you think they kicked out the observers and boarded up windows and counted for days after, in some cases more than a week until they had counted just enough for old Joe?

If you don't think there was a conspiracy to defraud the voters in those states with criminal action.....you are hopeless.

And this post is a waste of time I wish I could get back.
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:27 pm

vnatale wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:44 pm
Capitol Police Chief, Steven Sund, resigned today.
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:58 pm

doodle wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:06 pm
Mark wrote:

I agree, which is why we need more training and higher standards for police. Blackwater Ops don't hire people with high school diplomas, give them a few months of classroom training, hand them a gun and expect them to do what they do.
After acknowledging that the private contractors are more qualified and have a better training system than the civil servants, why is your response to give more resources to the failing system of lessor trained, lessor qualified and ineptly managed civil servants?

In private industry, we divert resources towards the more capable and siphon off of the inept. That system seems to work well.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:31 pm

Mark Leavy wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:58 pm
doodle wrote:
Mark wrote:

After acknowledging that the private contractors are more qualified and have a better training system than the civil servants, why is your response to give more resources to the failing system of lessor trained, lessor qualified and ineptly managed civil servants?

In private industry, we divert resources towards the more capable and siphon off of the inept. That system seems to work well.
I wouldn't necessarily have an issue with the government subcontracting out this type of work in certain situations . Government contracts out all manner of work. I assume this could work similarly. As long as they are accountable to general population and aren't some private mercenary force. See, in our previous discussion of this there would be no government...and that is where I part ways with you. If Trump's private security force decided to just throw me in Trump's private jail and then try me in his private court system because I'm critical of his shady business practices there is nothing I could do besides try to hire another private mercenary force to break me out of his jail. That is what you were advocating for in our previous discussion.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:33 am

MangoMan wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:58 am
doodle wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:31 pm
Mark Leavy wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:58 pm
doodle wrote:
Mark wrote:

I wouldn't necessarily have an issue with the government subcontracting out this type of work in certain situations . Government contracts out all manner of work. I assume this could work similarly. As long as they are accountable to general population and aren't some private mercenary force. See, in our previous discussion of this there would be no government...and that is where I part ways with you. If Trump's private security force decided to just throw me in Trump's private jail and then try me in his private court system because I'm critical of his shady business practices there is nothing I could do besides try to hire another private mercenary force to break me out of his jail. That is what you were advocating for in our previous discussion.
The govt can't 'subcontract' it out and get the same results as the private sector, bc the contract just gets inflated and goes to a political crony instead of the best qualified at the best price. It has to just be a competition based, fully private sector endeavor.
Except you can't have a private legal system. I'm not getting into a debate about that. Government needs to be held accountable for it's budgets. How that is incentivized I'm not sure, but we aren't going to have private militaries, private court systems, private independent police forces. So it would make a lot more sense to stay grounded in reality and figure out how to incentivize better more efficient government than thinking it's realistic to eliminate it entirely.
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:19 pm

The Conch Republic shall Rise Again!

Flag_of_Key_West.png
Flag_of_Key_West.png (146.12 KiB) Viewed 2798 times

Who's with me? Midnight at Sloppy Joe's. Bring water balloons, conch fritters and stale Cuban bread.
And Pilar rum. Don't forget the Pilar rum.

Invasions of 1995
On September 20, 1995, it was reported that the 478th Civil Affairs Battalion of the United States Army Reserve was to conduct a training exercise simulating an invasion of a foreign island. They were to land on Key West and conduct affairs as if the islanders were foreign. However, no one from the 478th notified Conch officials of the exercise.

Seeing another chance at publicity, Wardlow and the forces behind the 1982 Conch Republic secession mobilized the island for a full-scale war, sending the schooner Western Union out to attack an incoming Coast Guard Cutter with water balloons, conch fritters and stale Cuban bread, to which the Coast Guard responded with their fire hoses (quickly ending the battle), and protested to the Department of Defense for arranging this exercise without consulting the City of Key West. The leaders of the 478th issued an apology the next day, saying they "in no way meant to challenge or impugn the sovereignty of the Conch Republic", and submitted to a surrender ceremony on September 22.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:14 am

Cortopassi wrote:

Oh, God, this is the same conspiracy that my buddy is emailing me about incessantly right now. It must be the latest thing in the alt-right world right now.

They were JUST ABOUT to FINALLY reveal all the evidence they've apparently BENN HOLDING back to the last minute to finally thwart Biden and give Donald his rightful second term.

But those DAMN Antifa agitators that were BUSED IN stormed the Capitol and screwed it all up.

That about right?

How about everyone (media, social media and many politicians) finally, in the last couple months of a lying shit show presidency finally have gotten sick of it and saw no negative effects of finally breaking ranks, calling a lie a lie, shutting down his feeds, whatever. Dude is going to be gone in 13 days. He's a short timer.
What is the purpose of posts like this? They offer absolutely nothing of substance, serving only to berate and belittle other members who have put forward an honest assessment of current events. You may disagree with that assessment, and nothing is stopping you from entering into the discussion, but to sit on the sidelines and mock, with generic epithets, the contributing members of this forum, is not well taken. It's offensive and disruptive, and its predictable effect is to curtail debate rather than promote it.
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:35 am

Maddy wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:14 am
Cortopassi wrote:

That about right?

What is the purpose of posts like this? They offer absolutely nothing of substance, serving only to berate and belittle other members who have put forward an honest assessment of current events. You may disagree with that assessment, and nothing is stopping you from entering into the discussion, but to sit on the sidelines and mock, with generic epithets, the contributing members of this forum, is not well taken. It's offensive and disruptive, and its predictable effect is to curtail debate rather than promote it.
Everyone’s posts are emotional rants. Some are just better disguised than others.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:14 am

Maddy wrote:
Cortopassi wrote:

That about right?

Maddy, sorry.

This was written after some 40 back and forth emails with a friend of over 30 years who is of the same belief as you and others; that the election was stolen.

I hope over time we can all somehow merge our realities and get along again. It saddens me that because of recent events, there is friction between people who otherwise get along very well.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:19 am

Cortopassi wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:14 am
Maddy wrote:
Cortopassi wrote:

That about right?

Maddy, sorry.

This was written after some 40 back and forth emails with a friend of over 30 years who is of the same belief as you and others; that the election was stolen.

I hope over time we can all somehow merge our realities and get along again. It saddens me that because of recent events, there is friction between people who otherwise get along very well.
If it were not for friction, one would not be able to walk and vehicles would not be able to move ... kind of like our perpetual lockdown sponsored by many of the Dem cities and states. ::) >:D
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:25 am

Mark Leavy wrote:
As always, Snow Crash lays out the details of the future. Franchulates.

Get ready for The Free and Sovereign State of Mark Leavy. Coming soon to the district formerly known as "Bunny Ranch", Nevada.
Taxes (tribute) shall be paid in Maplegram Danegeld.

CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) — Planned legislation to establish new business areas in Nevada would allow technology companies to effectively form separate local governments.

Democratic Gov. Steve Sisolak announced a plan to launch so-called Innovation Zones in Nevada to jumpstart the state’s economy by attracting technology firms, Las Vegas Review-Journal reported Wednesday.

The zones would permit companies with large areas of land to form governments carrying the same authority as counties, including the ability to impose taxes, form school districts and courts and provide government services.