Question for Liberals Regarding Justice

glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Question for Liberals Regarding Justice

Post by glennds »

I don't know if I'm one of your liberal friends or not but here are my comments - my issue with wealth disparity is more economic than morality or a fear of an armed uprising. I think it is undeniable that a robust middle class is better for demand of goods and services in a consumption based economy. The disappearance of the middle class has coincided for our entire society's need to deficit finance and create debt fueled funny money to greater and greater degrees.

For me this has nothing to do with anyone deserving to be poor or not. Historically speaking, when we've had a stronger middle class, we've had stronger economic stimulation from consumption. The demand strength in large middle class numbers is much greater than the consumption of a smaller percentage of a high net worth upper class population plus a much larger impoverished one. I point to the 1950s and 1960s as example decades where prosperity coincided with the explosion of the middle class. During this time consumer spending contributed to the growth of all manner of industries.

Again, my concern is not about the "poors" staging an armed insurrection. It's that "poors" don't spend enough money and that drags on our overall economy.
Was it James Carville that coined the phrase? It's the economy, stupid.

Oh and regarding compassion for conservatives:

Speaking for myself, I feel enormous sympathy for the conservatives you describe. Enormous.
I think they have been badly deceived and manipulated by self-interested leadership, and that's gotta hurt.
Looking back at the Pantheon of conservative heroes, I see at least an element of public service in their cause. Let's use Ronald Reagan as an easy example and a stark contrast to the magic beans on top of conjured fears that have been sold by his successors.
It never feels good to be ripped off, deceived, manipulated, duped, cheated, victimized, betrayed, or hoodwinked.
This is coming from a conservative refugee, now political nomad, who stopped buying what was being sold about 8-10 years ago, about the time the Tea Party movement started.
Have a look at the profile 60 Minutes did last night on ME Independent Angus King for an example of a current leader I could get behind. Maybe Independent politicians could be the future. I have a feeling you might like him too.
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude »

People need to be kept busy. Free internet, street vending, no minimum wage or obstacles to hiring/firing. oh, and make it legal to run a small business again.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

boglerdude wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:23 pm People need to be kept busy. Free internet, street vending, no minimum wage or obstacles to hiring/firing. oh, and make it legal to run a small business again.
You must be in favor of everyone dying from the flu BD
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude »

Got banned from r/losangeles for saying "cold and flu test" instead of covid test