Opting out of Politics, My Reasons

SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Opting out of Politics, My Reasons

Post by SomeDude »

Simonjester wrote: just a "wild guess "
the lefties feel (they "imagine") if the right gets their way they will be fascists... and do to them exactly what they are doing now to the right.

they don't care about freedom, it is all about despotic control on both sides in their minds... and better to be the side that gets there first...
The question remains....."do what"? What do they think will be done to them?
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi »

You guys are turning this political! O0 O0 O0

Someone mentioned Angus King, the independent senator from Maine, interview on 60 minutes. I just watched it. Goddamn I wish we had 100 of him in the senate.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

A neat trick to prevent yourself from making political posts: every time you get the urge to broadcast your opinion, reach down your pants with your dominant hand and flick yourself in the testicle.

You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
barrett
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by barrett »

Cortopassi wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:20 pm You guys are turning this political! O0 O0 O0

Someone mentioned Angus King, the independent senator from Maine, interview on 60 minutes. I just watched it. Goddamn I wish we had 100 of him in the senate.
I think that Angus King is the Cortopassi of the Senate! Seriously, I don't get how posters on this forum seem to mostly see things in black & white terms when most of the issues being discussed are so complicated. It seems to me that this is why posters are opting out of the politics section. It's the four camps you described where people are so reluctant to maybe look at things from a different angle.

I am curious if you still feel that you get some positives from the other (non-political) parts of the forum.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi »

barrett wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:34 am
Cortopassi wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:20 pm You guys are turning this political! O0 O0 O0

I think that Angus King is the Cortopassi of the Senate! Seriously, I don't get how posters on this forum seem to mostly see things in black & white terms when most of the issues being discussed are so complicated. It seems to me that this is why posters are opting out of the politics section. It's the four camps you described where people are so reluctant to maybe look at things from a different angle.

I am curious if you still feel that you get some positives from the other (non-political) parts of the forum.
Thanks! He was a breath of fresh air after listening to others, on both sides.

All I end up seeing mostly is mathjak's daytrading adventures which also gets me riled up because it usually means 50% of my portfolio is going down (TLT and gold)!!!!