Biden Approval ratings

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Biden Approval ratings

Post by vnatale » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:47 pm

Biden's current approval ratings are higher than Trump ever achieved in the four years of his presidency. That correlates with him getting significantly more votes than Trump.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/bi ... al-rating/
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
InsuranceGuy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Biden Approval ratings

Post by InsuranceGuy » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:02 pm

[deleted]
Last edited by InsuranceGuy on Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:25 pm

InsuranceGuy wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:02 pm

vnatale wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:47 pm

Biden's current approval ratings are higher than Trump ever achieved in the four years of his presidency. That correlates with him getting significantly more votes than Trump.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/bi ... al-rating/

Source?! That seems like a stretch, I'd have to give it 4.5 pinocchios.

Honestly, I'm disappointed in the sheer number of executive orders being signed. It's sad that he seems to have less executive restraint than Trump.

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (37.9 KiB) Viewed 1992 times
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:27 pm

I for one welcome our new swamp overlords.
InsuranceGuy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by InsuranceGuy » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:39 pm

[deleted]
Last edited by InsuranceGuy on Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:42 am

Biden is so popular maybe he can now fill the circles at his backyard rallies.

He is probably the least popular president in US history since Lincoln.
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:11 am

You have to remember who is counting those approval ratings. It's the same organizations that predicted a landslide victory for Biden. Regardless of what you think about ballot box stuffing, if you take the election outcomes as is the polls were WAY off. I hardly think the approval ratings will be any more reliable.

Take a look at approval ratings for dictators and Communist leaders. They're amazingly high. I'm sure that means their constituents love them to pieces :-).
moda0306
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by moda0306 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:04 am

SomeDude wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:42 am
Biden is so popular maybe he can now fill the circles at his backyard rallies.

He is probably the least popular president in US history since Lincoln.
I think you’re confusing flat, boring “approval” of masses with the knuckle-dragging sycophantic hero-worship of a dedicated subset of “approving” populace.

Biden has fewer deplorable sycophants. As someone who can’t stand his brand of centrist corporatist war-hawkery, I take that as a plus, not a minus.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:11 pm

moda0306 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:04 am
I think you’re confusing flat, boring “approval” of masses with the knuckle-dragging sycophantic hero-worship of a dedicated subset of “approving” populace.
Perhaps you missed it, but the Left just decreed that pejorative epithets likening people to animals is the height of bigotry. Not that I care, but it doesn't say much for your sincerity when you're forced to apologize repeatedly for using exactly the same epithet on this forum--and you turn right around and do it again when the mood suits you.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:34 pm

Looks like Trump cannot get the approval from ANY attorneys....

Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (21.33 KiB) Viewed 1862 times
moda0306
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by moda0306 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:44 pm

Maddy wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:11 pm
moda0306 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:04 am
Perhaps you missed it, but the Left just decreed that pejorative epithets likening people to animals is the height of bigotry. Not that I care, but it doesn't say much for your sincerity when you're forced to apologize repeatedly for using exactly the same epithet on this forum--and you turn right around and do it again when the mood suits you.
When have I been “forced to apologize” once, much less repeatedly for these “epithets?” I’ve perhaps regretted how I’ve debated with some folks here. I might have apologized a couple/few times. But ultimately I am over pulling punches for Trump’s most cultish supporters. The people who actually show up at his rallies like a mob of idiots. Biden is terrible, but he simply doesn’t appear to have that mobbing, cultish support. Sure, plenty of his supporters have terrible opinions on policy, but we are simply talking about whether a rally of loyal losers is indicative of a broader approval rating. We all know Trump’s support is narrow and strong, not wide and weak.

And since I’m not part of this imaginary, monolithic “The Left” that you speak of, I don’t really care what they say about bigotry and dehumanizing language. I’ll continue to use pointed language towards people who choose to be despicable state violence apologists and hypocrites, including centrist, hawkish, rapey Dems like Biden. Besides, Trump uses dehumanizing language all the time, so I don’t really think that’s what bothers you. It’s simply that it’s being turned on people you identify with and are likely yourself.

For the record, Some of the media fawning over Biden is disgusting. Just like the fawning over Trump by his cult. I will pull no punches in that assessment either. Nor those of Biden’s mental state nor when he holds a terrible policy position.