Conservative's Neighborly Gesture Causes Angst, "Moral Dilemma" for Leftist

Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Conservative's Neighborly Gesture Causes Angst, "Moral Dilemma" for Leftist

Post by Maddy » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:39 pm

Sadly, this hits the nail on the head.
A Los Angeles Times columnist is in "anguish" after her neighbors plowed her driveway open during a snowstorm.

It's because they are Trump supporters.

The Times' Virginia Heffernan pointed out that even members of Hezbollah do nice things now and then, as did Nazis.

Constitutional expert Jonathan Turley of George Washington University noted on his website that Heffernan "explores her struggle with how to respond while comparing all Trump supporters to Nazis and Hezbollah."
https://www.wnd.com/2021/02/l-columnist ... snowstorm/
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Conservative's Neighborly Gesture Causes Angst, "Moral Dilemma" for Leftist

Post by I Shrugged » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:05 pm

I think we’ve had the question asked here, “US soldiers wouldn’t fire on us, would they?” Well first the tyranny has to demonize the opposition. Nazis did it to Jews. We did it to the Branch Davidians. Then in both cases, killing them was the right thing to do.

Now they are demonizing Trump voters. And ordinary anti Trump citizens are just lapping it up like sponges. What see doodle and Moda here, among others. And this horrible woman in the story.

Just watch the goings on through that lens. You’ll see it all over the place. But it could never happen here, right?
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:46 pm

Sounds like PTDS - Post Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Just got back from picking up my daughter at the airport where a guy asked me for help getting his car started because his battery was dead. Was glad to do it but maybe I should have asked him who he voted for so I didn't have any moral dilemmas about it.

Didn't do that because I'm not a sick human being like that later at the L.A. times.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:39 pm

Cancel Culture is a Dress Rehearsal for Mass Murder.
This is exactly my point.

https://youtu.be/9L0dPKpfHRA
ppnewbie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ppnewbie » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:12 pm

My humble take is that both sides of the media are pretty much trash at the moment. They are simply singing for their dinner and this articles success is purely measured in clicks (which translates to money). These guys will start writing about donkeys if they would get paid for it.

Another interesting ultimate troll of America. I find the South China Morning Post, Russia Today, Financial Times, and Al Jazeera America now have more credible content. And youtube has 10x more (for me) more informative content.

Anyway, hopefully I have not upset anyone.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:26 am

ppnewbie wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:12 pm
My humble take is that both sides of the media are pretty much trash at the moment.
I've never noticed there were two sides!
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:21 am

[T]his articles success is purely measured in clicks (which translates to money). . . I find the South China Morning Post, Russia Today, Financial Times, and Al Jazeera America now have more credible content. And youtube has 10x more (for me) more informative content.
The "success" of this article stems from the fact that it resonates so strongly, accurately, and completely with the people who experience this kind of venomous bigotry from the Hypocrite Left every day of the year.

Further to this topic, there is a very interesting interview on YouTube by Kari Smith, a former progressive activist and the current cohost of "Unsafe Space," who describes her disillusionment with the cult-like mindset and hypocrisy of the social justice movement. She describes, in particular, how she "used to go into interactions just looking for the racism or for the sexism. . ." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVSgVlZjk8c