Rising Republican Star Faces Accusations from Women

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Rising Republican Star Faces Accusations from Women

Post by vnatale » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:07 pm

If there was a mirror topic to this one....these two related articles would be there.

Vinny

“DANGER WARNING”:
WOMEN SAY MADISON CAWTHORN HARASSED THEM IN COLLEGE

BuzzFeed News interviewed more than three dozen people as part of an investigation into allegations that Madison Cawthorn harassed women in college.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ad ... ns-patrick

As the election drew closer, the Patrick Henry alumni grew increasingly concerned, according to screenshots of chats from a private PHC Facebook group reviewed by BuzzFeed News, that Cawthorn could win the race for North Carolina’s 11th District and end up in Washington as a lawmaker. For many of them, sharing their claims of harassment — especially in a conservative, Christian space against a former classmate running for Congress as a standard-bearer of their own party — was, and is, terrifying. Several women told BuzzFeed News that they were too afraid to talk because of what Cawthorn and his allies might do, given how small their circles are. But many others said they felt that speaking out was a moral obligation that transcended politics.

“Our college was full of very conservative people. A lot of them worked in the White House under Trump,” said Webb, the teacher for students with special needs. “And the students that signed the letter were Republicans, Democrats, or anyone in between. They disagreed constantly on our Facebook group, but found common ground in not wanting Madison to be elected. He does not embody the values important to us as former PHC students.”

Coulter, who helped draft the letter many PHC alumni signed onto denouncing Cawthorn during his campaign, said she can’t help but feel discouraged that voters elected him.

“I think that it is important that the people in power have integrity…or have the qualifications necessary,” she said. “My experiences with Madison Cawthorn have demonstrated that he doesn’t have those.”

Rising Republican star faces accusations from women

Several women complain of aggressive sexual behavior from young North Carolina congressional candidate

https://world.wng.org/2020/08/rising_re ... from_women

Madison Cawthorn, a 25-year-old Republican nominee, will become one of the youngest members of Congress in history if voters in western North Carolina elect him in November.

Political pundits have declared him the new face of the GOP. He campaigns on a platform of conservative values and calls himself “pro-Trump, pro-life, and pro-Second Amendment.” His emphasis on “faith, family, and freedom” has so far resonated in his district: In a June primary, he bested his Trump-endorsed opponent, Lynda Bennett, in a race for the congressional seat of former Rep. Mark Meadows. Afterward, Cawthorn scored an Oval Office meeting with President Donald Trump.

Cawthorn, who turned 25 on Aug. 1, has no previous political experience and describes himself as a Christian. He also uses a wheelchair: A car accident when he was 18 left him paralyzed from the waist down. Despite the accident, he’s an athlete: His Instagram shows him lifting weights and working out. His campaign message is powerful: Having overcome personal tragedy, he can now challenge inside-the-Beltway politicians.

Is Cawthorn the great representative of family values his campaign indicates? Several women, citing his behavior toward them, say no. The women say Cawthorn exhibited sexually or verbally aggressive behavior toward them when they were teenagers.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Rising Republican Star Faces Accusations from Women

Post by I Shrugged » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:17 pm

I think that the younger a person is who looks to enter politics, the more likely it is that they are sociopathic or the like. I’ve seen some aspiring career politicians up close and personal. Their motives are not good. I would expand the old joke: “Those that can, do. Those that can’t, teach. Those that can’t teach, run for office.” The young ones are the scariest.

edit to add: I'm sure there are some idealistic young people who want to get into politics. But I think most are not so pure.