Observations about Right Wingers

Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Observations about Right Wingers

Post by Mountaineer » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:46 am

tomfoolery wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:43 pm
Now that I’m on the outside looking in, I’ve made several not so kind observations about rightists.

1) They like to ridicule and belittle people who disagree with them.

2) Rightists come up with derogatory names to make fun of things you do that benefit society. For example, recycling makes you a “tree hugger” and if you wear a scientifically-proven mask during a pandemic, they call it a “face diaper”

3) They minimize anything they don’t like about you into “virtue signalling” claiming that we only act in a way to make us appear virtuous to other democrats. When the reality is, they are the ones virtue signalling to other rightists by mimicking the same ridiculous claims they heard on Fox News. It’s a form of redirection where they know their actions are disingenuous and meant to drum up support from other rightist cult members, and so they try to pin that on us. Not. Going. To. Work.

4) They disguise their greed and desire for wealth as virtue signaling for liberty and freedom. Because I guess in a free market it’s legal to hire a hit man to murder anyone who stands in your way of making more money!

Personally, I’m taking the high road by doing the following:

5) I won’t name-call them anymore. They’re idiots and everyone knows it, so a waste of my precious breath to reiterate what everyone knows. That they’re idiots.

6) I’ve sold all of my gold holdings in favor of TIPS. Gold has been the symbol of wealth and greed for 5k years. TIPS is the symbol of progress and trust in our system. I trust our economics experts like I trust our environment and health experts. And the economic experts say inflation isn’t a problem. And they have it all under control. I listen when they say to drive an electric vehicle, I listen when they say to wear a mask, and I’m listening now when they say inflation isn’t a problem.

The rightists are the conspiracy theorists who say all of the government experts are lying, I can’t in good conscious agree with all of the government experts but the economic ones.

Further, TIPS is a way for our country to grow stronger. When you buy gold, you literally paid slaves in another country to dig up a shiny rock for you to store in a vault. How does that help anyone? If you buy TIPS, you are buying high quality government debt that is used to expand social programs like homeless shelters. I don’t want to me a greedy asshole conspiracy theorist who stockpiles shiny metal in a cage. I want my money to mutually benefit myself and society at large.

Guy goes into a bar, there's a robot bartender. Since the minimum wage was increased to $15 the owner had to replace his regular human bartender.

The robot says, "What will you have?" The guy says, "Martini." The robot brings back the best martini ever and says to the man, "What's your IQ?" The guy says," 168." The robot then proceeds to talk about physics, space exploration and medical technology.

The guy leaves, but he is curious.. so he goes back into the bar. The robot bartender says, "What will you have?" The guy says, "Martini." Again, the robot makes a great martini gives it to the man and says, "What's your IQ?" The guy says, "100." The robot then starts to talk about NASCAR, Budweiser and John Deere tractors.

The guy leaves, but finds it very interesting, so he thinks he will try it one more time. He goes back into the bar. The robot says, "What will you have?" The guy says, "Martini," and the robot brings him another great martini. The robot then says, "What's your IQ?" The guy says, "Uh, about 50." The robot leans in real close and says, "So, you people still happy you voted for Biden?

DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.