Pentagon worried that troops see Capitol and BLM/Antifa riots as equally bad

Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Pentagon worried that troops see Capitol and BLM/Antifa riots as equally bad

Post by Kriegsspiel » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:38 pm

During military training sessions to address extremism in the ranks, some service members have challenged why the Pentagon is not treating the violence during racial injustice protests last summer as equal to the deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol.
. . .
That the two events are viewed as equivalent by some troops has caught the Pentagon’s attention in its effort to educate service members that extremist views and activity — on either side of the political spectrum — go against the oath they took when they joined the military, the top enlisted leader told reporters on Thursday.

“This is coming from every echelon that we’re talking to,” said Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Ramón Colón-López. “Some people may think that, ‘all right, so the events of 6 January happened. How come you’re not looking at the situation that was going on in Seattle prior to that?’”

link
Sounds like the troops are asking some good questions. There are former military personnel in Antifa/BLM too. So if it's worrying the upper levels that the troops think both are unacceptable, how much are they really focusing on "both sides?"
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
Hal
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Pentagon worried that troops see Capitol and BLM/Antifa riots as equally bad

Post by Hal » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:04 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:38 pm
Sounds like the troops are asking some good questions. There are former military personnel in Antifa/BLM too. So if it's worrying the upper levels that the troops think both are unacceptable, how much are they really focusing on "both sides?"

There - fixed it >:D
Aussie GoldSmithPP - 25% PMGOLD, 75% VDCO
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Pentagon worried that troops see Capitol and BLM/Antifa riots as equally bad

Post by Kriegsspiel » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:34 pm

1123232.png
1123232.png (168.18 KiB) Viewed 2202 times
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:49 pm

tomfoolery wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:44 pm
Ridiculous. One was a peaceful protest, the other was an insurrection. If you can’t tell the difference then you shouldn’t be in public service.
As a life long democrat i imagine you see an "all lives matter" sign as a symbol of hate.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:39 am

SomeDude wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:49 pm
tomfoolery wrote:
Ridiculous. One was a peaceful protest, the other was an insurrection. If you can’t tell the difference then you shouldn’t be in public service.
As a life long democrat i imagine you see an "all lives matter" sign as a symbol of hate.
On the local news the other day on some story about businesses reopening, I saw a sign in a business window that said, "All Black Lives Matter". Not sure what to think of that one.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:42 am

I Shrugged wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:39 am
SomeDude wrote:
tomfoolery wrote:
On the local news the other day on some story about businesses reopening, I saw a sign in a business window that said, "All Black Lives Matter". Not sure what to think of that one.

Maybe it's related to this organization? Every Black Life Matters

* REAL Justice from Womb to Tomb
* Nuclear Family
* Active Fatherhood
* Free Markets
* Educational Choice
* Non Violence
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:44 am

Xan wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:42 am
I Shrugged wrote:
SomeDude wrote:
tomfoolery wrote:

* Nuclear Family
* Active Fatherhood
* Free Markets
* Educational Choice
* Non Violence
OK, that group is off the reservation.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:28 pm

I Shrugged wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:44 am
Xan wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:42 am
I Shrugged wrote:
SomeDude wrote:
tomfoolery wrote:

* Nuclear Family
* Active Fatherhood
* Free Markets
* Educational Choice
* Non Violence
OK, that group is off the reservation.
Do you mean you think they're crazy, or that they've strayed from the accepted script that black people are "supposed to" stick to?
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:47 pm

The latter.