Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Biden a Disaster?

Post by glennds » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:01 pm

Maddy wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:52 pm
glennds wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:59 am
I wish you would answer some of the questions I posed in response to your statements. So far you've provided tweets from people and "articles' about those tweets, and only on the "send 'em to Afghanistan" comment. That's all.

Where has failure to mask been prosecuted?
What would you have done differently than the CDC re: AIDS crisis?
How would you pick out and identify the people you say were infected individuals actively and deliberately spreading the virus?
Legitimate sources on forcible treatment, lost of custody of children, concentration camp proposals? Are we talking online nutjob comments or something more real?

Are these not fair questions? Are tough questions trolling? Interesting. You made the initial statements, not me.
Do you not understand the difference between the proposition that people have called for a particular thing and the proposition that the thing is true?
I've had enough. Go away.
What I think I understand is in your world, when a person throws statements around that they cannot defend, the fellow forum member calling them out is now a troll, and you get to cry foul and tell them to go away, as though it's your party.
Now that's independent thinking.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:48 pm

To which candidate did your profession give more of its donations to?

I was surprised that mine (accountants) gave more to Biden than Trump considering that accountants tend to be more on the conservative side in all ways. Maybe another sign of how Trump alienated certain traditional Republican allies?

Looks like MangoMan's (dentists) were neutral. Pugchief, among your dentist friends and colleagues, are the more to the right, left, or in the middle?

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (98.93 KiB) Viewed 3976 times
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:50 am

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (29.75 KiB) Viewed 3930 times
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:28 am

It's insane to brag about how effectively you're shipping Afghans into other countries. Unless these are all SIV (vouched for) Afghans. Fucking insane.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:22 am

Xan wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:45 pm
You might want to be careful tying bodily autonomy too closely to remaining a vector for disease.
I'm puzzled. Hasn't the CDC made it clear that vaccinated people are still "vectors for disease" which is why they must continue to wear masks?

Being vaccinated is about protecting yourself from getting more than mildly sick if you get COVID. Nothing more. I cannot fathom how herd immunity can occur given the above - and given this virus' ability to mutate, like the flu. So the main remaining argument for vaccine mandates is that if you refuse, you are at higher risk for occupying an ICU bed and causing a strain on hospitals. But - you could make the same argument to, say, ban downhill skiing. Or driving a car. Or owning a swimming pool. And so forth. I could maybe see it if hospitals were truly being overwhelmed, like NYC in March 2020, but so far that doesn't seem to be happening.

btw yes, apologies for missing Moda's post. I just can't read his walls of text so I tend to skip past them. However, I'd say pug's question has been answered: Biden voters are indeed satisfied with the current state of affairs. Massive bit of rationalization, most interesting. Except, D1984's position that the crime wave is irrelevant because he carries a gun isn't exactly kosher in Democrat circles!
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:09 pm

sophie wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:22 am
Xan wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:45 pm
You might want to be careful tying bodily autonomy too closely to remaining a vector for disease.
IBut - you could make the same argument to, say, ban downhill skiing. Or driving a car. Or owning a swimming pool. And so forth. I could maybe see it if hospitals were truly being overwhelmed, like NYC in March 2020, but so far that doesn't seem to be happening.
That is absolutely he most maddening thing about all of this to me. Whenever I hear a person say "we need to protect the children" or "children need to be safe" I immediately want to scream "Then never let them swim again!!!" That shows to me either a huge majority of people have no idea how dangerous Covid really is statistically or they aren't even thinking about it and they are purely reacting to news headlines.

Like I said in another post (or maybe this one I cant remember), I am astounded by the number of people I know who regularly go bike riding, mountain hiking, skiing, surfing, climb on tall ladders or eat bone-in chicken without thinking twice but yet are completely afraid to leave their house or do any sort of mundane activity like go to the movies or to a restaurant during the last year.