GT
Executive Member
Executive Member

Fact-checking Biden's town hall in Baltimore

Post by GT » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:03 pm

You know its bad when CNN can not cover for Biden's "facts"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgntp

Biden and the border

"I've been there before, and I haven't -- I mean, I know it well. I guess I should go down. But the -- but the whole point of it is: I haven't had a whole hell of lot of time to get down."

Biden explained that he has been spending time inspecting hurricane damage and "traveling around the world," then added, "But I plan on -- now, my wife, Jill, has been down. She's been on both sides of the river. She's seen the circumstances there."

Facts First: CNN could not immediately find any evidence that Biden has previously visited the southern border, and the White House has not specified when this visit supposedly occurred. Also, it's worth noting that Jill Biden's last visit to the border was in December 2019, during the presidential campaign, not as first lady.

Vaccinations

Biden said, "When I first was elected, there were only 2 million people who had Covid shots in the United States of America -- had the vaccine. Now we got 190 million, because I went out and bought everything I could do and buy in sight, and it worked."

Facts First: Biden's "2 million people" assertion was inaccurate no matter which way you parse it -- slightly off if you decide to be charitable, way off if not. Also, Biden gave too much credit to his own administration's vaccine purchases. The Trump administration purchased enough vaccine doses to fully vaccinate at least a large percentage of the 190 million people who have received two shots at present.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Fact-checking Biden's town hall in Baltimore

Post by vnatale » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:13 pm

GT wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:03 pm

Biden and the border

"I've been there before, and I haven't -- I mean, I know it well. I guess I should go down. But the -- but the whole point of it is: I haven't had a whole hell of lot of time to get down."

Biden explained that he has been spending time inspecting hurricane damage and "traveling around the world," then added, "But I plan on -- now, my wife, Jill, has been down. She's been on both sides of the river. She's seen the circumstances there."

Facts First: CNN could not immediately find any evidence that Biden has previously visited the southern border, and the White House has not specified when this visit supposedly occurred. Also, it's worth noting that Jill Biden's last visit to the border was in December 2019, during the presidential campaign, not as first lady.

Vaccinations

Biden said, "When I first was elected, there were only 2 million people who had Covid shots in the United States of America -- had the vaccine. Now we got 190 million, because I went out and bought everything I could do and buy in sight, and it worked."

Facts First: Biden's "2 million people" assertion was inaccurate no matter which way you parse it -- slightly off if you decide to be charitable, way off if not. Also, Biden gave too much credit to his own administration's vaccine purchases. The Trump administration purchased enough vaccine doses to fully vaccinate at least a large percentage of the 190 million people who have received two shots at present.

Just one of the reasons why I could not vote for him. A low to no integrity person.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:10 pm

vnatale wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:13 pm
GT wrote:

Biden and the border

Vaccinations

Just one of the reasons why I could not vote for him. A low to no integrity person.
To be fair, would any politician in existence give credit to the outgoing President of the opposing party for ordering those vaccines when they could take the credit themselves? Can you see Obama giving that credit to Bush or Trump giving that credit to Obama? To an extent I can understand. If a president gets the blame for something that happens on their watch (housing crisis for example) that they had little to do with and that started in motion way before they took office, shouldn't they take the credit for the same when its good? Kinda like when Barry Switzer wins the Super Bowl with Jimmy Johnson's Cowboys team. Whenever anyone tells him "you won with Jimmy's team" he always responds "well at least I didn't lose with them."
Benko
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Benko » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:01 pm

jalanlong wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:10 pm
To be fair, would any politician in existence give credit to the outgoing President of the opposing party for ordering those vaccines when they could take the credit themselves?
Would most politicians really lie and take the credit themselves if the facts clearly said otherwise, and they felt that their supporters would realize the lie and think less of them? So at best you can say most politicians would say that if the lie could be convincing either through oratory skills, or brainwashing by helpful e.g. press and only if the audience was susceptible.
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:03 pm

Benko wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:01 pm
jalanlong wrote:
To be fair, would any politician in existence give credit to the outgoing President of the opposing party for ordering those vaccines when they could take the credit themselves?
“and they felt that their supporters would realize the lie and think less of them”.

You have to be joking right? Do you actually think Biden supporters would dare tell themselves that Trump was in office and therefore holds the majority of any success a President could take for the vaccines? Their cognitive dissonance is way too strong for that. For proof, see below:
D52C06D7-3676-481B-987F-3F1279DD0D7D.jpeg
D52C06D7-3676-481B-987F-3F1279DD0D7D.jpeg (106.9 KiB) Viewed 3401 times
Attachments
F246E2AB-C5FA-4F80-BC77-6568B5B90A55.jpeg
F246E2AB-C5FA-4F80-BC77-6568B5B90A55.jpeg (47.79 KiB) Viewed 3401 times
Last edited by jalanlong on Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Benko
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Benko » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:38 pm

jalanlong wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:03 pm
You have to be joking right? Do you actually think Biden supporters would dare tell themselves that Trump was in office and therefore holds the majority of any success a President could take for the vaccines? Their cognitive dissonance is way too strong for that. For proof, see below:
No, I don't expect that of Biden supporters. NB: your prior post referred to all politicians. So you've gone from talking about all people (of any political persuasion) to just talking about Ds. Did you leave some people out?
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:19 am

Benko wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:38 pm
jalanlong wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:03 pm
No, I don't expect that of Biden supporters. NB: your prior post referred to all politicians. So you've gone from talking about all people (of any political persuasion) to just talking about Ds. Did you leave some people out?
No i mean all politicians. I am just using Biden as the example since he is the topic of this discussion about taking credit for vaccines.

Can you give me an example of a President you believe that in a similar circumstance would have given the majority of credit to the previous President from the other party they just defeated?

Do you think Trump would have credited Obama with that success or taken the credit himself? Would his supporters have seen thru it if he had taken the credit?
GT
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by GT » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:58 am

jalanlong wrote:
vnatale wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:13 pm
GT wrote:

Biden and the border

Vaccinations

To be fair, would any politician in existence give credit to the outgoing President of the opposing party for ordering those vaccines when they could take the credit themselves? Can you see Obama giving that credit to Bush or Trump giving that credit to Obama? To an extent I can understand. If a president gets the blame for something that happens on their watch (housing crisis for example) that they had little to do with and that started in motion way before they took office, shouldn't they take the credit for the same when its good? Kinda like when Barry Switzer wins the Super Bowl with Jimmy Johnson's Cowboys team. Whenever anyone tells him "you won with Jimmy's team" he always responds "well at least I didn't lose with them."
I would agree with this statement - I think Biden is so out of touch, and the data he provided so inaccurate, CNN could not defend the statements. Biden should have used a fuzzy data point to take credit - Example - Since becoming President, we have increased the vaccination rate XXX% since December 2020.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:09 am

Biden is catching up to Trump in the numbers of people each president killed.