Putin Invades Ukraine II

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Putin Invades Ukraine II

Post by vnatale » Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:42 pm

Xan wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:11 pm

Luther coined the term "simul justus et peccator", that is, saint and sinner at the same time. So more options might be open than you're seeing.

The bishop of Constantinople granted autocephaly to the Orthodox Church of Ukraine. The one Zelensky is exploring suppressing is the Ukranian Orthodox Church, which is a satellite branch of the Russian Orthodox Church.

I believe this issue was behind the current rift between the Moscow Patriarchate and the Constantinople Patriarchate. For what it's worth I believe our resident Eastern Orthodox, Ad Orientem, supported the Moscow church and said the Orthodox Church of Ukraine was schismatic. (I believe that Orthodoxy in the US is /generally/ descended from the Russian branch.)

Anyway, the Tucker article makes it sound like Zelensky is banning Christianity, or Orthodoxy, and that's certainly not true.

Definitely a word I have never prior seen which led me to looking up what it means.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:44 pm

stuper1 wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:05 pm

dualstow wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:57 am

^ Actually, even though it’s the dreaded Western media, i think this is right up your alley, Stuper ^
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker- ... -zelenskyy

Ok, let's take this almost as a geometric proof:

1. Time magazine portrays Zelensky as a saint.

2. Tucker portrays him as the opposite. By the way, I've never watched Tucker. I suspect I agree with much of what he says, and disagree with a fair amount also.

3. Obviously #1 and #2 can't both be true. One of them is true, and the other isn't.

4. Which one of #1 or #2 do you believe to be true based on all information you have heard. For me, I think #2 is much more likely to be true.

5. How much of the mass media agree with #1? From what I can tell, a strong majority of the mass media agree with #1.

6. Compare your answers to #4 and #5. What does this tell you about the reliability of mass media?

Since I'm sure that if it came down to it Tucker would claim the Alex Jones defense ("I'm just an entertainer") then my answers would be the same and would not undermine believing in the reliability of the mass media.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:51 pm

There has been some concerned expressed here regarding the suffering currently being experienced by the Ukrainians.

I have read much about World War II but nothing like this regarding what daily life was like in Japan.

From this book:

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (12.61 KiB) Viewed 10659 times

Japan’s wartime failures reverberated on the home front. Just beyond the gates of the immaculate palace grounds, garbage littered the streets, now empty of cars and buses with the exception of the occasional abandoned automobile. The few emergency vehicles puttered around on charcoal. Sanitation crews diverted as much as 30 percent of the capital’s sewage into Tokyo Bay. Desperate for metals and minerals, the government demanded that residents hand over everything from teapots and hibachis to watches, gold teeth, and even precious diamonds, which could be used to produce radios. Buddhist priests relinquished hanging bells and gongs from temples. Scrap drives robbed Tokyo of park benches and cemetery fences, lampposts, and even the handrails on bridges. Workers toppled columns for the metal grilles and pried up boilers and yanked radiators, heating pipes, and public telephones from walls, all of which scarred buildings and marred the streetscape. “Tokyo had never been a beautiful city, but it was now dirty as well as homely,” recalled French journalist Robert Guillain. “Every morning the capital awoke a little more sordid, as though stained by the sinister night into which it had just been plunged.”

The war had taxed Japan’s labor force, which was already at full employment at the time of the attack on Pearl Harbor. “This was a politician’s dream,” noted historian Thomas Havens, “but a mobilizer’s nightmare.” The government eliminated the twelve-hour workday restriction, marched prisoners into factories, and shuttered nonessential businesses, ranging from book and toy stores to art, dressmaking, and typing schools. Eleven thousand small shops closed just in Tokyo. In a hustle to round up more laborers, Japan barred men from working as barbers, sales clerks, and railway conductors. In June 1944, Okayama added tombstone cutters, tree surgeons, and gardeners to the list. Bars, restaurants, and kabuki theaters closed and authorities bolted the wooden doors on Tokyo’s more than three thousand teahouses, putting ten thousand geishas out of work. “A geisha out of her element is like a bird fallen from its nest,” Guillain wrote. “Many even let themselves be drafted into the labor service where hands trained to pour sake and arrange flowers learned to sew white-silk parachutes and fashion aluminum parts.”

One after the other, basic necessities had vanished, from sugar and soap, to thread, matches, and medicine, forcing the Japanese to scrounge for substitutes. Newspapers doubled as toilet paper while cowhide gave way to shark, salmon, and whale skin, creatively dubbed “sea leather.” Residents sipped sake made from acorns and sweet potatoes and smoked eggplant and persimmon leaf cigarettes. Engineers tried unsuccessfully to make gasoline from shale and sardines and extracted oil from pine roots, going so far as to build nearly forty thousand distilleries, including some on the fairways of Tokyo’s tony golf clubs. “Traveling through the country,” observed Japanese journalist Masuo Kato, “one could see evidence of the failure of the program in the many piles of pine roots abandoned and rotting by the roadside.” When charcoal became scarce, Tokyo bibliophiles burned home libraries for fuel. No one was exempt from sacrifice, including the deceased. “One borrows coffins for the dead but cannot buy them,” journalist Kiyoshi Kiyosawa noted in his diary. “They are used any number of times.”

As the war dragged on, wages plummeted and inflation soared. “Money,” said Kimi Tatebayashi, “was practically worthless.” Dwindling food allowances forced residents to haggle on the black market. “Everything was rationed,” recalled Ayako Koshino, a kimono maker. “Even a tiny mackerel had to be divided among ten families.” Others pilgrimaged to the countryside in search of vegetables, an experience Philippine diplomat León María Guerrero described in his diary. “The trains were packed full of grim housewives loaded down with knapsacks knobby with potatoes or redolent of radish,” Guerrero observed. “Fish blood dripped from the baggage racks.” Authorities tried to crack down, prompting women to bundle bags of rice to resemble babies. Seafood became a delicacy as the lack of fuel slashed in half the amount caught, robbing the population of an important source of protein. Residents foraged for greens in vacant lots and graveyards. Ishii Tominosuke, a librarian in Odwara, made soup from the dandelions he plucked from his stone wall. Others feasted on family pets. “Merely to subsist,” Kato wrote, “had become the goal of each Japanese.”

The government mobilized 3 million students aged ten and older to toil on farms and in factories, a figure that equaled almost one-tenth of the nation’s workforce. One of those laborers was twelve-year-old Katsumoto Saotome, from a poor working-class family in downtown Tokyo’s Mukojima ward, the son of an alcoholic father and a mother who worked as a seamstress. The slender youth, who was often ridiculed for his poor performances in his school sumo tournaments, worked seven days a week from eight a.m. until five p.m. at the Kubota Iron Works on the banks of the Sumida River, a factory that helped crank out tank engines. Every day, wearing his white kamikaze headband featuring a red rising sun, he piled scrap metal atop trolley carts. He and two other students then pushed the carts up to the furnace, his lunch tied to his waist to prevent someone from stealing it. Rain or snow, Katsumoto struggled amid the shower of sparks, his hands growing callused. “The hunger was the hardest for me,” he recalled. “The amount of rations got smaller and smaller day by day.”

In another blow to home life, authorities after the fall of Saipan broke up families, ordering the evacuation of more than 350,000 third- through sixth-graders from major cities and resettling them in more than two thousand rural resorts, inns, and temples spread across twelve prefectures. Yoneko Moriyama recounted the debate in her household. “Let’s all die together in Tokyo,” her grandmother insisted.

“Who says we’re going to die?” her mother replied.

“Let’s at least,” countered her father, “try to save the children.”

Moriyama remembered the last supper before she and her brother boarded the train. “Every good thing to eat that could be found in the house was put on the table,” she said, “around which we all sat with faces that seemed to prophesy the end of the world.”

Many children paid a heavy price for safety. Homesick youths ran away only to later be found wandering the train tracks that most seemed to think would deliver them home to Tokyo. Others wet their beds and grew despondent. Schoolteachers, who evacuated and cared for the students, monitored their letters home, afraid that mentioning hardships might worry parents. “Mother, as soon as this letter arrives, please come to see me that very day. Please, mother,” one sixth-grader wrote. “Mitsuko might die if you don’t come to see me.”

The evacuees likewise battled food shortages. Students bullied one another, and desperate teachers swiped food from the youths. Children resorted to eating snakes and stream crabs as well as tooth-cleaning powder, paint, and crayons. Only the lice grew fat. “On sunny days we stripped the children naked and boiled their clothes to kill the lice,” recalled Mitsuko Ôoka, a teacher. “The water would turn red from all the blood the lice had sucked.”

Life in the cities was just as hard. Fights broke out on trains, and worker absenteeism in factories spiked. Ill health plagued many, from weight loss and fatigue to chronic diarrhea. The infant mortality rate climbed, while older children suffered from rickets, a disease sparked by a prolonged vitamin D deficiency that causes soft and deformed bones. Mothers were often too malnourished to nurse, forcing hospitals to bottle-feed newborns radish and turnip juice, both rich in vitamin C. Kyoto resident Tamura Tsunejiro captured the struggle of many in his diary: “We simply are waiting to starve to death.” Desperate residents turned to thievery to survive. Food vanished through open windows and from community gardens. An Osaka University professor, arrested for stealing tomatoes, was sentenced to five years in prison. People swiped everything from overcoats and shoes from the entryways of homes to keys and doorknobs from inns. Passengers stripped trains of hanging straps and even the leather upholstery. “Japan,” journalist Kiyosawa lamented in his diary, “has become a nation of thieves.” French reporter Guillain agreed. “All that was pleasing in Japanese life had perished.”
joypog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by joypog » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:19 pm

Have you watched Graveyard of the Fireflies?
It’s really good and soulcrushingly sad.
1/n weirdo. US-TSM, US-SCV, Intl-SCV, LTT, STT, GLD (+ a little in MF)
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:29 am

An amazing podcast/video conversation discussing the causes of the Ukrainian conflict (sorry it's very long, but worth the listen):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXw6kYLYRrs
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:02 am

SilentMajority wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:18 am
The US government has a history of dumping dictators once they're used up. When they dump this guy Volodymry he's gonna fall hard. I doubt he'll end up in a Russian cage, Tel Aviv or Warsaw are more likely destinations but we'll see.
Are we calling him a dicatator already? I can see an article in the future, sometime after the war: “The Fall of Volodymyr Zelensky.” Some corruption here, the people are tired of him there. But more of a Churchillian dismissal than the capture of a dictator. Of course, your prediction is possible, too. I just don’t see it at this time.
Sam Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:56 am

joypog wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:19 pm

No. Have never heard of it. In general, I prefer my eyes to be reading rather than watching. Take in much more information that way.

What is "Graveyard of the Fireflies"?
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:22 am

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:46 am

Thanks. Seems worth watching.

I have reached the point in the book where it described what the British, the Germans, and the Japanese all experienced under civilian bombing. I had prior read a lot regarding the British and the Germans but still shocking to read about it yet again.
SilentMajority

Post by SilentMajority » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:46 am

dualstow wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:02 am
SilentMajority wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:18 am
The US government has a history of dumping dictators once they're used up. When they dump this guy Volodymry he's gonna fall hard. I doubt he'll end up in a Russian cage, Tel Aviv or Warsaw are more likely destinations but we'll see.
Are we calling him a dicatator already? I can see an article in the future, sometime after the war: “The Fall of Volodymyr Zelensky.” Some corruption here, the people are tired of him there. But more of a Churchillian dismissal than the capture of a dictator. Of course, your prediction is possible, too. I just don’t see it at this time.
Yes dictator. Banned opposition parties, raiding and shutting down churches, eliminated all non-state media, forced conscription, fostering cult of personality with clownish greenscreen photo shoots and those stupid brown T-shirts. Obv he is a cross-dressing coke addict clown with the real power brokers sitting behind him pulling the strings. He's a puppet dictator and he's in bed with the US government now. Good luck. Like I said, they have a history of pulling the rug out from under their preferred dictators and it's a hard fall.

I suggest anyone in disagreement with that to cruise the articles below. NPR should hardly be considered Far-right or Russian propaganda, as some posters here have called anyone who disagrees with supporting Kiev.

https://www.npr.org/2022/07/08/11105774 ... itical-par
https://mronline.org/2022/03/24/opposit ... y-imposed/
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (50.99 KiB) Viewed 10599 times
Last edited by SilentMajority on Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:49 am

Noted, and no disagreements in that he’s not perfect. I’ll be curious to see how he runs things after the war, provided he survives it, is all i’m saying.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:45 pm

dualstow wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:49 am

Noted, and no disagreements in that he’s not perfect. I’ll be curious to see how he runs things after the war, provided he survives it, is all i’m saying.

He had been president for nearly three years before the war. Would that not be a long enough period of time to make a judgement on him?
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:15 pm

Yes and no. Maybe some leaders change when they get a taste of power-during-wartime and then they go all Attack of the Clones.
And look at Viktor Orban in Hungary. He used to be a lefty. He didn't even need war to change.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:49 pm

stuper1 wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:29 am

An amazing podcast/video conversation discussing the causes of the Ukrainian conflict (sorry it's very long, but worth the listen):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXw6kYLYRrs

Listening to this now and making comments as I do so.

1. "Everyone believes that Trump was only elected because of Russian interference." I never believed that.

2. "The whole country is ready to follow what the government says." Preposterous with at least 1/2 the population not even wanting this government.

3. "This government is preparing us for war." Not believable.

4. Alexander repeats the message that most people he knows thinks Russia is responsible for Trump. My experience is exactly opposite. There was belief that there was Russian interference but not that they were the deciding factor in his election (which he did lose by the popular vote). So far they are all setting up a straw man argument.

5. Curious that they find nothing suspicious regarding the owner of the computer store turning over the laptop to Rudy Guiliani. For certain the most objective person to turn it over to!

6. They bring up the New York Post being taken off Twitter.
A. What percentage of the population even uses Twitter?
B. Was not all this available on the New York Post's website by anyone with an internet connection?

7. "It is a proven fact that the Democratic Party leaned on social media in the last few weeks prior to the election." I guess my attention must be wandering here as I missed those facts that they must have provided to support this assertion.

8, "How can we inform the American people? Many of them are good people but uneducated." I'm not sure this is the group to be educating the American people.

9. McGovern is trying to make a connection between American putting in holes in Rumania and other countries to the Cuban Missile Crisis. In the case of the latter Kennedy acted immediately upon learning about them. In Putin's case .... where was the immediate cause and effect? And, why does Ukraine get invaded because holes were put in Rumania? All in all, a fairly ludicrous analogy.

10. They are asserting that Biden in December 2021 (?) made clear assurances that missiles would not be put in Ukraine. In a Bing search I can neither confirm or refute this.

11. I also do not buy that expanding NATO is threatening to Russia? The only way it is threatening to Russia is that it makes it less possible for Russia to invade a country if it IS a member of NATO. So it is not an offensive threat to Russia but a check on its proclivities to attack / invade other countries.

12. Now he is talking about Bob Gates and his culpability in the missiles getting placed in Europe. However, when I read this it seems he is making up his own "facts". Or, at least twisting the "facts" to fit his story.

https://www.jacksonville.com/story/news ... 794690007/

13. McGovern completely accepts Russia annexing Crimea based on Putin's reason that he did not want missiles in a country on Russia's border.

A this point I trying to determine how this podcast would be any different if he had been created by three propagandists from Russia.

14. If you dealing with the Russians, always deal with them straight. I guess their history proves that they are paragons of virtue in this area???!!! Furthermore Alexander tells us that the Russians are to be trusted while we are not. Am I dreaming when I seem to remember Putin earlier this year saying he was not going to be invading Ukraine?

15. McGovern wants to amplify this lack of trust of Russia in us. He goes back to this December 30, 2021 agreement wherein Biden said he would not be putting in offensive weapons in Ukraine. Can anyone document this agreement?

16. Now McGovern is asserting there is a racial component to this? The lily white West against the Russians, which is composed a lot of brown people. He goes back to the United States being founded upon racism. Now this is a new angle I've not even seen asserted in this forum!

17. Now McGovern tells us that the media is owned by those in the Military / Industrial complex. Now how does this fit with the media being ultra-liberal? Seems mutually exclusive to me.

18. McGovern references those people who are poor and cannot find a job. I was going to say this earlier but McGovern is definitely a dinosaur, stuck in another era. This podcast was recorded four days ago. Is he totally ignorant of the low unemployment, how employers cannot find enough workers? When someone is so ignorant of such basic matters how can you trust his opinions on other matters?

19. Now Glenn impugns Fiona Hill. I recently heard a two hour one-on-one discussion with her and she comes across as off the scale on credibility compared to the three on this podcast.

20. Glenn tells us we need to recognize Russia security concerns. We need to stop putting troops and missiles on their border. I would like to ask Glenn when is the last time Russia was invaded by another country? 1940 or so by Germany? Can anyone tell me any last time subsequent to then?
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:12 pm

Can’t really blame this on Obama, the CIA or anyone else in the big bad West.

Prominent Putin foe sentenced to 8 and a half years in prison over criticism of Ukraine war

DECEMBER 9, 2022 / 10:29 AM / CBS/AP
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/russia-ily ... criticism/
Moscow — A prominent Russian opposition figure was on Friday sentenced to 8 1/2 years in prison after being convicted on charges stemming from his criticism of Vladimir Putin's war on Ukraine. The sentence handed to Ilya Yashin, one of the few Kremlin critics to have stayed in Russia, offered the latest indication of an intensified crackdown on dissent by Russian authorities.

"With that hysterical sentence, the authorities want to scare us all but it effectively shows their weakness," Yashin said in a statement through his lawyers after the judge passed the sentence. "Only the weak want to shut everyone's mouth and eradicate any dissent."
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude » Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:36 am

34 page thread. OK I'm convinced, Putin is bad.

Is he a bigger ideological threat to the American way of life than Communism? (which requires authoritarianism to "work")

2weeks-to-sufficiently-fund-hospitals.png
2weeks-to-sufficiently-fund-hospitals.png (196.58 KiB) Viewed 10500 times
^ However, Sun Tzu: "A losing army with a gap to escape will be busy trying to escape rather than fight" so I dunno if the case-demic should be forgotten or prosecuted.

Did Wall Street fund FDR, Hitler and the Bolsheviks? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnbFpR1m0zA
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:59 am

boglerdude wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:36 am
Is he a bigger ideological threat to the American way of life than Communism? (which requires authoritarianism to "work")
Definitely beyond the scope of the thread. O0
SilentMajority

Post by SilentMajority » Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:52 am

dualstow wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:59 am
boglerdude wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:36 am
Definitely beyond the scope of the thread. O0
Putin bad.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:55 pm

dualstow wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:12 pm

Prominent Putin foe sentenced to 8 and a half years in prison over criticism of Ukraine war

Moscow — A prominent Russian opposition figure was on Friday sentenced to 8 1/2 years in prison after being convicted on charges stemming from his criticism of Vladimir Putin's war on Ukraine. The sentence handed to Ilya Yashin, one of the few Kremlin critics to have stayed in Russia, offered the latest indication of an intensified crackdown on dissent by Russian authorities.

"With that hysterical sentence, the authorities want to scare us all but it effectively shows their weakness," Yashin said in a statement through his lawyers after the judge passed the sentence. "Only the weak want to shut everyone's mouth and eradicate any dissent."
Abe Lincoln did the same.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:24 pm

K. Wake me up in 160 years and I’ll consider revering Putin for preserving the Union.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:57 pm

I Shrugged wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:55 pm

dualstow wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:12 pm

Abe Lincoln did the same.

Didn't John Adams (our 2nd (?) president) basically do the same? Worst than Lincoln?

https://www.history.com/topics/early-us ... ition-acts
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:33 am

Cornered in Ukraine, Putin ditches annual news conference
BY THE ASSOCIATED PRESS - 12/13/22 5:29 AM ET

https://thehill.com/homenews/ap/ap-inte ... onference/

President Vladimir Putin has ditched his annual marathon news conference following a series of battlefield setbacks in Ukraine — a tacit acknowledgment that the Russian leader’s war has gone badly wrong.

Putin typically uses the year-end ritual to polish his image, answering a wide range of questions on domestic and foreign policy to demonstrate his grip on details and give the semblance of openness even though the event is tightly stage-managed.

But this year, with his troops on the back foot in Ukraine, it could be impossible to avoid uncomfortable questions about the Russian military’s blunders even at a highly choreographed event. Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov confirmed Monday that Putin wouldn’t hold the news conference this month without explaining why.

“Although questions are almost certainly usually vetted in advance, the cancellation is likely due to increasing concerns about the prevalence of anti-war feeling in Russia,” the U.K. Defense Ministry wrote in a commentary on Twitter.

“Kremlin officials are almost certainly extremely sensitive about the possibility that any event attended by Putin could be hijacked by unsanctioned discussion about the ‘special military operation,’” it said, using Moscow’s term for the war.

Some of his previous performances lasted for more than 4 1/2 hours, during which he has sometimes faced some pointed questions, but used them to mock the West or denigrate his domestic opponents.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:24 am

^ Hilarious, especially since wars like these are a tyrant’s tool for distracting the domestic populace. ^
joypog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by joypog » Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:36 pm

vnatale wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:56 am
joypog wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:19 pm
No. Have never heard of it. In general, I prefer my eyes to be reading rather than watching. Take in much more information that way.

What is "Graveyard of the Fireflies"?
It's a feature length animation about two kids making their way in WW2 Japan by Isao Takahata, one of the great directors in the genre.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPeTSRd580

Here is a review by Ebert.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9WEyuMq0Yk
1/n weirdo. US-TSM, US-SCV, Intl-SCV, LTT, STT, GLD (+ a little in MF)
SilentMajority

Post by SilentMajority » Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:04 am

I heard but have not confirmed that Zelinsky did an interview with the Economist and stated that Kiev will fight Russia until the 1991 Ukrainian borders are restored.

Does anyone think the US government should keep providing military aid until Kiev occupies Crimea as well as the Donbass?

I say "Kiev" because there's disagreement with what "Ukraine" or "The Ukraine" is. Some consider Crimea and the Donbass region part of Ukraine, some do not. "Kiev" makes it clear what group we're talking about.