Putin Invades Ukraine II

murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Putin Invades Ukraine II

Post by murphy_p_t » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:39 am

Presumably, the Azov Nazi battalion is not part of the far right of which you refer.

Regarding the claims of mass murder... This site claims well less than 10,000 civilian casualties. https://www.statista.com/statistics/129 ... asualties/

It does not account for civilians intentionally killed by Ukro-nazis... or those used as human Shields ((war crimes)).

If Putin was trying to cause mass murder of civilians, do you think he could up his game?
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:28 am

murphy_p_t wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:39 am
If Putin was trying to cause mass murder of civilians, do you think he could up his game?
Good point... I don't think he's been running a vaccination campaign in Ukraine, for example.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:46 am

So true, Xan!

I'll post an update on one of the covid death jab threads.
Vil
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Vil » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:03 am

So starting from today no more Russian gas for Poland and Bulgaria. Yesterday evening Gazprom decided they really do not like us. I am out of BG for several weeks now, but preparing for a dark, cold days following my return...
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:31 am

Vil wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:03 am
So starting from today no more Russian gas for Poland and Bulgaria. Yesterday evening Gazprom decided they really do not like us. I am out of BG for several weeks now, but preparing for a dark, cold days following my return...
I was just about to post the headline from the WSJ,
Russia Stops Gas Flow to Poland and Bulgaria, Deepening Economic Conflict With Europe
Prices for natural gas, used to heat homes and generate electricity in Europe’s biggest economies, soared by nearly a quarter after the move
Sucks.
Sam Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:47 am

At least it’s a balmy 23º Centigrade in Bulgaria.
Vil
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Vil » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:04 pm

I am in Germany right now, its 16 degrees Celsius and they do not have (yet) issues with Russian gas. Happy people ! ;D
Though in order to replace the gas they will need quite some more of those annoying wind turbines (which in fact I can see even now from my room..)
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:09 pm

All the hand-wringing about energy makes me sad that people don't see that modern nuclear reactors are the answer to pretty much everything.
Vil
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Vil » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:29 pm

Xan wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:09 pm
All the hand-wringing about energy makes me sad that people don't see that modern nuclear reactors are the answer to pretty much everything.
Wholeheartedly agree. Pretty much assume the ratio of energy unit per waste generated makes the nuclear power an ultimate winner.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:31 pm

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:52 pm

Xan wrote:

I've fairly much come around to that position. For how long have we had nuclear powered submachines? And, has there ever been any documented incidents with them?

That said.....I'm definitely happy that that nuclear plant was NOT built about 1/2 mile beyond what I'm seeing out of my bedroom window.

https://www.osti.gov/biblio/6557913-mel ... sachusetts
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:53 pm

ppnewbie wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:30 pm
murphy_p_t wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:20 pm
Just looking on this page, the chest thumping americanism, full of hubris, is sickening to me.
Its funny, I think we are very screwed. We are being arrogant to...RUSSIA. Holy S#*$! What happened when we messed with an impoverished country in the middle east, Afganisthan? Russia is 100x more powerful. It's like we are in a hubris death spiral. But anyway. Its what happens after years of supremacy. There is probably no way around it.
Thumping my chest like a gorilla…pretty glad we are being extremely arrogant to Russia. More arrogance, yes please!

Regards Afghanistan. It’s in great hands now. Just curious, are any of your daughters planning on applying for graduate studies there? One great aspect of it will be clothing costs will be super cheap. And if they’re into the whole black gothic thing perfect! They will love it. No black or red heavy make-up required though as you know, no one will be able to see it. Lastly, do remind them to not show any skin because that could make a guy aroused and if she gets raped she will have deserved it.

Anyone game for shooting bicyclists in the streets with 30 mike? If we do let’s be super careful we don’t offend anyone.
ppnewbie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ppnewbie » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:16 pm

Kbg wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:53 pm
ppnewbie wrote:
murphy_p_t wrote:
Just looking on this page, the chest thumping americanism, full of hubris, is sickening to me.
Its funny, I think we are very screwed. We are being arrogant to...RUSSIA. Holy S#*$! What happened when we messed with an impoverished country in the middle east, Afganisthan? Russia is 100x more powerful. It's like we are in a hubris death spiral. But anyway. Its what happens after years of supremacy. There is probably no way around it.
Thumping my chest like a gorilla…pretty glad we are being extremely arrogant to Russia. More arrogance, yes please!

Regards Afghanistan. It’s in great hands now. Just curious, are any of your daughters planning on applying for graduate studies there? One great aspect of it will be clothing costs will be super cheap. And if they’re into the whole black gothic thing perfect! They will love it. No black or red heavy make-up required though as you know, no one will be able to see it. Lastly, do remind them to not show any skin because that could make a guy aroused and if she gets raped she will have deserved it.

Anyone game for shooting bicyclists in the streets with 30 mike? If we do let’s be super careful we don’t offend anyone.
Like a said, it's like we are in a hubris death spiral. There is no way out of this.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:39 pm

Xan wrote:
The Germans panicked after the Fukushima disaster.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:56 pm

Kbg wrote:
ppnewbie wrote:
murphy_p_t wrote:

Why should any of this be a concern to me, the American taxpayer, or the American government, whose job is presumably to look out for the interest of the American people?

Did America's involvement improve the situation for this mohammedan population?

If you are genuinely concerned and looking to improve the situation, feel free to post selfies from Kabul and give us a log of your progress.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:01 pm

ppnewbie wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:16 pm
Kbg wrote:
ppnewbie wrote:
murphy_p_t wrote:

Like a said, it's like we are in a hubris death spiral. There is no way out of this.
In general, average people are very susceptible to adopting the jingoistic propaganda emanating from the idiot box.

It's the very same reason that corporations spend millions of dollars on super bowl advertising... Advertising works!
ppnewbie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ppnewbie » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:12 pm

One way I see out is if the Democrats get clobbered in the mid terms to at least change the dynamic. But...the republicans could be worse.
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:18 pm

Murph…you’re so cute. Love ya buddy! You keep it (un) real around here. And for that I am grateful.

Random thought of the day…Maybe “they” are actually looking after your interests? Crazy, insane thought I know.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:23 pm

ppnewbie wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:12 pm
One way I see out is if the Democrats get clobbered in the mid terms to at least change the dynamic. But...the republicans could be worse.
Sad but true. Strong likelihood I will not vote this year.
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:39 pm

Murph…on a human level you worry me.

I truly hope you have things in your life that are positive and bring you much joy. Your online persona is incredibly negative sorta like Bud’s but different.

If one and the same…dude there is a ton of awesomeness in this world we live in for just a short time. Go find it!
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:00 pm

ppnewbie wrote:

Its funny, I think we are very screwed. We are being arrogant to...RUSSIA.
1938: We’re being arrogant to Hitler. We should be nice!
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:08 pm

dualstow wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:00 pm
ppnewbie wrote:

Its funny, I think we are very screwed. We are being arrogant to...RUSSIA.
1938: We’re being arrogant to Hitler. We should be nice!

MOAR Hitler.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:13 pm

Rulers come

Rulers go

Borders wax

Borders wain

For those who need some historical perspective
https://youtu.be/UY9P0QSxlnI
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:15 pm

I look forward to the calls for the liberation of the Chinese people from the totalitarian dictatorship under chairman Xi

Organ harvesting, forced abortion, etc
ppnewbie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ppnewbie » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:21 pm

Desert wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:52 pm
murphy_p_t wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:01 pm
In general, average people are very susceptible to adopting the jingoistic propaganda emanating from the idiot box.

It's the very same reason that corporations spend millions of dollars on super bowl advertising... Advertising works!
Murphy, I don't know if I've ever happened across anyone more susceptible to propaganda than you. If someone's sellin' crazy, you're first in line.
I’m not getting this from Murphy’s comments.