Mar A Lago documents

Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Mar A Lago documents

Post by Maddy » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:49 am

glennds wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:12 am
Was the reason for the raid that the former President was in possession of the documents?
Or was it that he allegedly refused to give them back?
Or was it something else?

I'm just looking for the official reason, whatever it may be worth.
I believe the official reason was that Trump had no right to possess and remove classified documents, a position that was flatly belied by the fact that he alone had the right and power to declassify them. It was subsequently claimed, by way of embellishment, that the documents contained the "red button" nuclear codes (presumably the same ones that a certain military general previously claimed to have withheld from him). For what it may be worth.
Last edited by Maddy on Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:00 am

glennds wrote:

Was the reason for the raid that the former President was in possession of the documents?

Did a Bing search and could not find a direct answer to your question. There was a lot of hypothesizing.

By the way, where do people put USA Today on the main stream media bias continuum?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 272448002/

What's happening at Trump's Mar-a-Lago home? Was the FBI there? Answers to your questions

Sergio Bustos
Kevin Johnson
David Jackson
Ledyard King
Francesca Chambers
Luciana Lopez

USA TODAY
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:16 am

glennds wrote:

This site has a list of pertinent documents:

https://www.justsecurity.org/84336/mar- ... stigation/

I'm not sure you'll find an official justification for the execution of a raid there, however.
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:24 pm

vnatale wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:00 am
glennds wrote:

Did a Bing search and could not find a direct answer to your question. There was a lot of hypothesizing.

By the way, where do people put USA Today on the main stream media bias continuum?

What's happening at Trump's Mar-a-Lago home? Was the FBI there? Answers to your questions

Sergio Bustos
Kevin Johnson
David Jackson
Ledyard King
Francesca Chambers
Luciana Lopez

USA TODAY

https://www.allsides.com/news-source/us ... media-bias

AllSides has them as moderately liberal. Although I wonder if the scale has moved on that over time. My grandfather would have definitely called himself "moderately liberal" but I feel he would be hard pressed to agree with most Democrats these days, especially on social issues.

This ex-USA Today employee shares their experience. Ignore the sensationalized headline.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/23/usa-today ... h-readers/
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds » Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:48 pm

Maddy wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:49 am
It was subsequently claimed, by way of embellishment, that the documents contained the "red button" nuclear codes (presumably the same ones that a certain military general previously claimed to have withheld from him). For what it may be worth.

So the problem with the subsequent claim is the information is classified.
So for us mortals, it can never be proven or demonstrated that the "red button" nuclear codes were really contained in them. So that claim has to be accepted on faith.

I was thinking if there was a reason justifying the raid that had to be proven to a judge it might be helpful, but I'm not having success finding anything.
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:27 pm

glennds wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:48 pm
So for us mortals, it can never be proven or demonstrated that the "red button" nuclear codes were really contained in them. So that claim has to be accepted on faith.
my-sweet-summer-child-sweet-summer-child.gif
my-sweet-summer-child-sweet-summer-child.gif (1.21 MiB) Viewed 4324 times
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:54 pm

glennds wrote:
I was thinking if there was a reason justifying the raid that had to be proven to a judge it might be helpful, but I'm not having success finding anything.
The "nuclear codes" thing appeared to have arisen in response to the otherwise ironclad defense that the President alone has the power and right to declassify documents as he sees fit. I have been anxiously awaiting some retort from the Left on that point, but as far as I am aware, none has ever been offered.

To the best that I can tell, the "nuclear codes" thing was a back-up position with no legal merit but tons of histrionic appeal.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:39 pm

jalanlong wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:24 pm

vnatale wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:00 am

glennds wrote:

Sergio Bustos
Kevin Johnson
David Jackson
Ledyard King
Francesca Chambers
Luciana Lopez

USA TODAY

https://www.allsides.com/news-source/us ... media-bias

AllSides has them as moderately liberal. Although I wonder if the scale has moved on that over time. My grandfather would have definitely called himself "moderately liberal" but I feel he would be hard pressed to agree with most Democrats these days, especially on social issues.

This ex-USA Today employee shares their experience. Ignore the sensationalized headline.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/23/usa-today ... h-readers/

Thanks for both!
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:02 pm

Mark Leavy wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:27 pm
glennds wrote:
my-sweet-summer-child-sweet-summer-child.gif
Attachments
whippet.jpeg
whippet.jpeg (9.28 KiB) Viewed 4291 times
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:10 pm

The dick looks weird, but otherwise anatomically correct. Good whippet.

You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:13 pm

;D ;D ;D You sure it’s not the whippet’s tail?
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:24 pm

lol

No.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:22 pm

glennds wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:02 pm
Whippet Good.

Can Confirm.

Whippet Good.jpg
Whippet Good.jpg (244.73 KiB) Viewed 4270 times
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:00 pm

But wait, there’s more…

Five more classified documents found at Biden’s Wilmington home, lawyer says

Why is it White House lawyers that are finding these documents? Where’s the FBI? Are we supposed to believe that the true number and nature of these documents will ever be disclosed?

Either way, I’m not sure that will ever be the case. But the drip drip drip of this fiasco makes it sound like Biden has outlived his usefulness. Worth pondering, anyway.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:50 pm

flyingpylon wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:00 pm

But wait, there’s more…

Why is it White House lawyers that are finding these documents? Where’s the FBI? Are we supposed to believe that the true number and nature of these documents will ever be disclosed?

Either way, I’m not sure that will ever be the case. But the drip drip drip of this fiasco makes it sound like Biden has outlived his usefulness. Worth pondering, anyway.

Are you implying that any of these lawyers would risk their livelihoods to protect Biden? I heard today that as soon as they ran across some for which they did not have proper clearage to view ... they backed off and whoever has proper clearance was called in.
Dieter
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Dieter » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:31 pm

vnatale wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:50 pm
flyingpylon wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:00 pm
But wait, there’s more…

Are you implying that any of these lawyers would risk their livelihoods to protect Biden? I heard today that as soon as they ran across some for which they did not have proper clearage to view ... they backed off and whoever has proper clearance was called in.
Maybe he's asking for the FYI to get search warrants for all properties and residences of Biden and Trump (and their relatives) to look for classified documents?

It's so weird, I don't remember this level of interest from conservatives in recovering classified documents when it was just Trump
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:40 pm

C’mon guys… none of this is really about any documents.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:48 pm

Speculation abounds that it's the democrat party itself that arranged to "find" those documents.

I have to admit it's a fetching theory. Now that the economy is in shambles, the financial system is on the verge of collapse, cities are overrun with crime, and increasing numbers of people are waking up to the fact that the DARPA-directed medicopharmaceutical cabal was trying to kill them, it's probably time to blame it all on Biden and send him off to a nursing home. I'm just waiting to see what Marxist whore they've picked to finish us off.
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds » Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:02 pm

Maddy wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:48 pm
Now that the economy is in shambles, the financial system is on the verge of collapse, cities are overrun with crime, and increasing numbers of people are waking up to the fact that the DARPA-directed medicopharmaceutical cabal was trying to kill them, ......
Attachments
872d8a58-fed1-4e72-b682-9b5a91381b96_text.gif
872d8a58-fed1-4e72-b682-9b5a91381b96_text.gif (518.82 KiB) Viewed 4180 times
Last edited by glennds on Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:36 am

Maddy wrote:
Speculation abounds that it's the democrat party itself that arranged to "find" those documents.

I have to admit it's a fetching theory. Now that the economy is in shambles, the financial system is on the verge of collapse, cities are overrun with crime, and increasing numbers of people are waking up to the fact that the DARPA-directed medicopharmaceutical cabal was trying to kill them, it's probably time to blame it all on Biden and send him off to a nursing home. I'm just waiting to see what Marxist whore they've picked to finish us off.
I would agree with you except that the mid-terms did not indicate people were tired of Biden or his party. If runaway inflation wasn't enough to turn mid term voters off of the party in charge then what else would?
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:40 am

jalanlong wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:36 am
Maddy wrote:

I would agree with you except that the mid-terms did not indicate people were tired of Biden or his party. If runaway inflation wasn't enough to turn mid term voters off of the party in charge then what else would?
For the sake of clarity, I'm not suggesting that democrat VOTERS have turned against Biden, but rather that he has outlived his usefulness to the Globalist Cabal.
SilentMajority

Post by SilentMajority » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:46 am

Maddy wrote:

Gavin Newsome
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:46 pm

At this point, we have to assume that Joe Biden is banging Stormy Daniels.
(ht/Scott Adams)
barrett
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by barrett » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:18 am

jalanlong wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:36 am
Maddy wrote:

I'm not going to dispute all of the above but I don't buy that the economy is in "shambles" and that we have (or even had at the time of the midterms) anything close to "runaway inflation". Yes, inflation was running hot through June but CPI-U numbers have come to a near standstill since then. See this link:

https://www.bls.gov/regions/mid-atlanti ... _table.htm

The 6.1% annualized rate is almost entirely due to the January to June period when, yes, inflation was trending higher and at an unacceptable level for the long term.

Regarding the economy being in "shambles", I just don't see it. Not saying it's great across the board for everyone but I think there are few countries in the world we'd be wise to trade places with at the moment.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:29 am

barrett wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:18 am
I'm not going to dispute all of the above but I don't buy that the economy is in "shambles" and that we have (or even had at the time of the midterms) anything close to "runaway inflation". Yes, inflation was running hot through June but CPI-U numbers have come to a near standstill since then. . . .

The 6.1% annualized rate is almost entirely due to the January to June period when, yes, inflation was trending higher and at an unacceptable level for the long term.

Regarding the economy being in "shambles", I just don't see it. Not saying it's great across the board for everyone but I think there are few countries in the world we'd be wise to trade places with at the moment.

I no longer pay any attention to the official CPI numbers. They're so ridiculously cooked that they no longer have any meaning. Here's my own (largely anecdotal) experience:

Health insurance premiums have skyrocketed, as has the price of gasoline and diesel. Real estate has experienced never-before-seen appreciation. Rents are up to the point where working people are living out of their vehicles. Firewood is up 30 percent from last year. Basic home and car repair services are up at least 30 percent year over year. The cost of sending a shipment via UPS or FedEx has doubled.

Groceries have gone through the roof. Last week, I paid $6 for a bunch of organic celery and $10 for a 1.5-pound head of organic broccoli. Bread, eggs, and other staples have doubled in price. Beef and chicken are up by about a third. Building materials have become so expensive that I have delayed even minor building projects (shed, fencing). A Mennonite-built pre-fabricated shed that sold for $2,500 last year is nearly $5,000 today. I looked into buying a new water heater this year and was stunned by the price. That is, if you could find one in stock.

I can't speak to the price of cell phones, data plans, smart TVs, spying doorbells, and robotic vacuum cleaners--or to the price of the mountains of China-made junk that line the aisles of Walmart. Maybe it's the fact that I rarely buy more than the basics that my own personal inflation rate is so wildly different than the one the federal government is peddling. However, I predict that in the not-too-distant future, a majority of Americans will be less concerned with spying doorbells than simply keeping their refrigerator stocked, at which point their experience may be much more in line with my own.

As for the state of the economy, I recently read that something like 1/3 of the adult population is on some sort of food assistance. I cannot recall the actual statistics regarding employment, but huge numbers of previously-employed people are no longer working. Anecdotally, I hear nearly every day from local business owners that they are unable to find people to hire. They say that they cannot compete with the smorgasbord of benefits that governments are throwing at people to stay home. Reports about the attitudes of young people toward work paint a dismal picture.

Most local retail establishments in my area are not able to keep their shelves stocked. This week, there was not an egg to be found at any of the large-chain grocery stores. I was able to find only about three-quarters of the items on my grocery list. Many people I know are having trouble filling prescriptions for things like antibiotics, and are finding that over-the-counter meds (tylenol, cold medicine) have been sold out for weeks.

Credible news reports published during just the last month cite the fact that a majority of ordinary Americans are up to their eyeballs in debt and are relying upon credit cards (at eye-popping rates of interest) to meet basic household expenses. The government has increased the national debt by a jaw-dropping amount--13 trillion (?)--in the last two years. Given escalating rates, exactly how is that debt supposed to be serviced?

The supply chain problems that we've seen over the last 18 months are only getting worse. Talk to a trucker about the price of diesel or about the obstacles they face getting across state borders or into ports. Every week, we hear of yet another policy or regulation (most particularly in relation to curbing the use of energy) that is actually designed to contract the economy.

The largest banks and financial institutions are insolvent by most ordinary measures, up to their necks in derivatives and facing some sort of near-term reckoning in relation to their bloated portfolios of interest rate swaps. Many are relying upon regular infusions of cash from government coffers to keep their doors open. Insurance companies are teetering on the edge of insolvency, having failed for many years to meet the projected 8% return on reserves on which their business model is predicated. Pensions, it is being reported, are in significant trouble.

Sorry I don't have time to provide references this morning for some of the non-anecdotal stuff I've cited here, but I trust that if you've paid any attention to the news you've seen much the same thing that I have.

If there is anyone here who has a contrary view of the economy, I'd sure like to hear it. (I could use some good news.)