Mar A Lago documents

Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Mar A Lago documents

Post by Mark Leavy » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:22 pm

Still open for any takers!

I know that Dieter and Vinnie are sometimes falsely accused of being blathering windbags. That's not right. Just one ounce of gold on the line could put that unjust accusation to rest. They're SMART. Not DUMB like some people say. They deserve some respect.

One ounce. That's all it takes. Show the world what your opinions are worth.

Mark Leavy wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:45 pm
Heck. It's Thanksgiving and I'm in a generous mood.

I'm taking any and all bets that Trump will not be even indicted for a single thing associated with the Mar A Lago documents.
Up to 1oz of gold per person. Even money. DM me if you want the other side.

The walls are closing in! He has nuclear secrets! Act now! It's a sure thing!

(payment in physical gold only)
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:41 pm

flyingpylon wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:31 pm

Obama advisor David Plouffe…

He spoke the truth.

And, the Republican party seems to be finally waking up to that, after all the Trump fellow election deniers went down to defeat in the November elections.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:43 am

The point is that any outsider that poses a threat to The Regime would get the same treatment.
SilentMajority

Post by SilentMajority » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:09 am

flyingpylon wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:43 am
The point is that any outsider that poses a threat to The Regime would get the same treatment.
Imagine there are people who actually "think" opposing trump makes them against the system that serves the elite and the elite alone.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:10 pm

flyingpylon wrote:

Are you able to clearly define "The Regime" in detail? How they communicate. How they are self-perpetuating. How ones gets entry to being part of it. How ones gets removed from it. Many other details / specifics.

Otherwise I don't know anything about this "Regime" other than some people have a concept that there is one.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:13 pm

flyingpylon wrote:

Just started reading this book:

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (12.37 KiB) Viewed 2323 times

This passage makes clear that over time many have held to their versions of "The Regime"?

"Claiming that Christ had asked him to transform America’s spiritual character, Pelley set out to rid the nation of its two greatest dangers, Jews and Communists. Jesus, he told his followers, hated Jews for violating God’s precepts, and Jews responded by killing him. Pelley’s weekly newspaper, the Silver Ranger, which moved production to Los Angeles in early 1934, featured anti-Semitic articles and news of German actions against Jews that warmed the heart of the Nazi faithful. Repeatedly referring to America as the “Jewnited States” and the Roosevelt government as the “Jewish administration in Washington,” secretly run by Bernard Baruch and Felix Frankfurter, the periodical called upon loyal Christians to free the nation from the chains of “Alien Jewry.”8"

I'm sure that Pelley and all the members of his organization sincerely believed in all the above.

Succeeding paragraphs:

"Jewish leaders took the Silver Shirt leader’s anti-Semitic preaching seriously. Long before Hitler’s “Final Solution,” Pelley’s 1933 book No More Hunger: The Compact Plan of the Christian Commonwealth promised a “permanent Solution to the Jewish Problem.” Under Pelley’s plan, all Jews would be required to cluster in one city per state, in areas known as “Beth Havens.” A secretary of Jewry would administer each ghetto and guarantee their safety. However, any Jew who tried to leave the area would be subject to execution. Pelley’s book called on Silver Shirts to defeat the rapacious Jews who controlled the world’s banking and financial institutions, and restore prosperity and true Christian values to America. Pelley “is the most rabid anti-Semite I have yet met,” one HUAC investigator later observed; “he is bound to wipe out Jews from the map of the United States and expects to accomplish this in the next five years.”9

Many of his contemporaries dismissed Pelley as a madman, but Lewis understood that no truly crazy person could create a national organization, run a press and newspaper, conduct national speaking tours, and attract the support of anti-Semitic congressmen. In ordinary times, a narcissistic and delusional man such as Pelley would be little more than a sideshow in national politics. But his message might resonate among the nearly 13 million Americans who were unemployed in 1933, roughly one-fourth of the civilian labor force.

Pelley attracted a wide array of respectable and not-so-respectable Americans to his cause. The men and women who attended Silver Shirt meetings came for multiple reasons: some enjoyed Pelley’s forceful Christian messages; some came to hear weekly denunciations of Jews and Franklin D. Roosevelt; and some came out of loneliness, despair, or hope. The diverse crowd of 365 people attending a December 10, 1933, Los Angeles Silver Shirt meeting at Odd Fellows Temple “had the appearance of the middle class with a sprinkling of intelligentsia and also men out of work.”10 These were not crazy people, Lewis’s agent warned. They were ordinary men and women looking for answers. Their ordinariness made the anti-Semitic organization all the more frightening."
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:30 am

The Regime is the global oligarchs, folks with 10+ million who buy politicians. Haves vs have-nots. No war but the class war. Who knows what Trump actually wants other than to be fawned over at rallies. Covid martial law happened on his watch, and he's still living like a king. Kabuki theater

https://twitter.com/wef/status/813869325635424256

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb6U8xkn8jM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjxJ1wPnkk4
Attachments
wef.png
wef.png (89.45 KiB) Viewed 2314 times
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:57 am

boglerdude wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:30 am

The Regime is the global oligarchs, folks with 10+ million who buy politicians. Haves vs have-nots. No war but the class war. Who knows what Trump actually wants other than to be fawned over at rallies. Covid martial law happened on his watch, and he's still living like a king. Kabuki theater

https://twitter.com/wef/status/813869325635424256

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb6U8xkn8jM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjxJ1wPnkk4

I fully believe that corporations will take as much advantage of politicians as they can for their own self-interest. But also believe that they do not act in a concerted fashion, all competing for the politicians to do what is to their benefit, which could be to the detriment of another corporation.
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:22 am

vnatale wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:10 pm
flyingpylon wrote:
Are you able to clearly define "The Regime" in detail? How they communicate. How they are self-perpetuating. How ones gets entry to being part of it. How ones gets removed from it. Many other details / specifics.

Otherwise I don't know anything about this "Regime" other than some people have a concept that there is one.
Unfortunately, and with all due respect, I’m not able to invest the amount of time and energy it would take to lay it all out for you. Your posts on this forum over the years and even the way you frame this question tell me that our perspectives are too far apart.

The Regime, the UniParty, or whatever one wants to call it is not some centrally controlled “secret society”. It’s just a lot of people with money and power using business, government, and the media to maintain a framework that allows them to gain more money and power to the detriment of common people and the United States overall. This has been going on forever of course. But it seems to be much more overt in recent decades, to the point where these people are openly mocking the rest of us. The pendulum has swung too far.

You obviously have no sympathy for Trump or the way he’s been treated. What about someone like Tulsi Gabbard? You said you voted for her in 2020. Do you feel that she’s been given a fair shake by the Democrats? Have you been following the things she’s been saying recently? If she was able to gain real political momentum, do you think she would be welcomed by those currently in power?
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:44 am

This does not directly define the Regime, but it gives some good clues.

https://issuesetc.org/2022/11/26/3292-w ... -11-25-22/
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:34 am

flyingpylon wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:22 am

vnatale wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:10 pm

flyingpylon wrote:

Unfortunately, and with all due respect, I’m not able to invest the amount of time and energy it would take to lay it all out for you. Your posts on this forum over the years and even the way you frame this question tell me that our perspectives are too far apart.

The Regime, the UniParty, or whatever one wants to call it is not some centrally controlled “secret society”. It’s just a lot of people with money and power using business, government, and the media to maintain a framework that allows them to gain more money and power to the detriment of common people and the United States overall. This has been going on forever of course. But it seems to be much more overt in recent decades, to the point where these people are openly mocking the rest of us. The pendulum has swung too far.

You obviously have no sympathy for Trump or the way he’s been treated. What about someone like Tulsi Gabbard? You said you voted for her in 2020. Do you feel that she’s been given a fair shake by the Democrats? Have you been following the things she’s been saying recently? If she was able to gain real political momentum, do you think she would be welcomed by those currently in power?

A lot of what you say in your middle paragraph makes sense. Don't agree with all of it but some of it.

After the 2020 election I've not really been following much regarding Tulsi Gabbard other than to know that she left the Democratic party and that she spends a lot of time on FOX?
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:36 am

Mountaineer wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:44 am

This does not directly define the Regime, but it gives some good clues.

https://issuesetc.org/2022/11/26/3292-w ... -11-25-22/

If it was an article I might have read it. But not right now in the position to listen to something for an hour, especially since there does not seem to be any text at all supporting it.

I generally prefer text over audio or video for gathering information.

I will listen to audio if my eyes are otherwise occupied.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:40 pm

flyingpylon wrote:
They don't get it. Many people are authoritarians and I see Vinny solidly in that type. Certainly not alone. They want to see people whom they oppose brought to heel regardless of process, and don't see the problem when it's done "for good". Vinny is saying as much. It's been observed many times that if the government wants to get you, they have the means to get you, and you will be taken down. It's not supposed to be that way, but it is. It's not novichok poisoning, but it has the same motives except under a veneer of law. Trump must be disappeared, one way or another.

For authoritarians, it's okay because orange man bad.
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude » Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:58 pm

Not trusting your own government opens a can of worms most people dont want to think about. Also, we have to pick a tribe, Red or Blue. No sports have three teams competing at once. We're not wired to want that. Our guys and bad guys.

And the system works for most Americans. Home prices and 401ks go up nominally thanks to an increasingly powerful Fed. And who wants "freedom?" Getting paid to stay home is the dream. Dont have to feel bad about turning down that invite, not starting that business, and not going to the gym.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:42 pm

I Shrugged wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:40 pm

flyingpylon wrote:

They don't get it. Many people are authoritarians and I see Vinny solidly in that type. Certainly not alone. They want to see people whom they oppose brought to heel regardless of process, and don't see the problem when it's done "for good". Vinny is saying as much. It's been observed many times that if the government wants to get you, they have the means to get you, and you will be taken down. It's not supposed to be that way, but it is. It's not novichok poisoning, but it has the same motives except under a veneer of law. Trump must be disappeared, one way or another.

For authoritarians, it's okay because orange man bad.

Rather than deal in generalities .... let me put you on the spot by getting your response to the following.

Do you believe that Trump acted perfectly during that about three hour time period on January 6, 2021, when he essentially did nothing but watch it on TV?

You've several times written that you were such a successful business owner that you sold the business which allowed you to retire early. I am not doubting any of that. However, that sums up just about all the details I know about your business.

I don't know how many employees you had, how many people you had reporting to you. But if you had some key person be so derelict in his duty as Trump had been that day ... would have fired that person or what?

I had hire / fire responsibilities over many people. I always said that for some things that an employee does, there is no progressive discipline. You go straight to firing the employee. The employee's behavior had been so egregious that there is no way that the employee could not know that engaging in such behavior (which includes acts of omission) would lead straight to the employee being fired. I had no sympathy for those who were pleading their case as to why they should not be fired. By their choice they'd crossed a line of no return.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:53 pm

boglerdude wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:58 pm

Not trusting your own government opens a can of worms most people dont want to think about. Also, we have to pick a tribe, Red or Blue. No sports have three teams competing at once. We're not wired to want that. Our guys and bad guys.

And the system works for most Americans. Home prices and 401ks go up nominally thanks to an increasingly powerful Fed. And who wants "freedom?" Getting paid to stay home is the dream. Dont have to feel bad about turning down that invite, not starting that business, and not going to the gym.

How do you define "most". The American people's trust in government plummeted after Watergame and I do not think it has recovered since.

Does this support your assertion?

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (52.91 KiB) Viewed 2260 times

Though I am definitely an Independent (I just cannot possess a complete set of beliefs because it what "The Party" believes) I confess to also getting caught up in the sports team rooting aspect of politics. But as a C-Span addict / listener to the five Sunday news shows I get exposed to a lot of Republicans who do impress me. I just don't like what they do when they act in their concerted pack behavior, like all having to vote a certain way. Of course, the answer is to have more than two major parties. But since the two existing major parties write all the rules of "The Game" that is not going to happen.

Home prices and 401(k)'s do, though, also go down, as we have witnessed this year.

Getting paid to stay home was right for some people. But as, as usual, with government it was too general and not well targeted, similar to Biden's forgive student debt plan. Lindsay Graham was correct with his opposition to everyone on unemployment getting an additional $600 a week. $600 a week in Mississippi is a lot more than it is in New York City.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:38 pm

Just read the following passage in this book:

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (12.36 KiB) Viewed 2257 times

I see parallels between this and the actions and words of Trump and his defenders.

"From Idea to Reality
Cassidy was radicalized, appropriately enough, by Father Coughlin. Specifically, Cassidy was radicalized by the criticism directed at Coughlin for an extraordinary broadcast he delivered on November 20, 1938.

“Thousands of people must have been jolted out of their chairs,” Coughlin biographer Charles Tull wrote. In “Persecution—Jewish and Christian,” broadcast just a week and a half after Kristallnacht, “the Detroit priest actually proceeded to explain the Nazi persecution of the Jews as a defense mechanism against Communism.”12 Nearly a hundred German Jews were murdered during Kristallnacht, more than 250 synagogues were desecrated and burned, and nearly 7,000 Jewish-owned businesses were vandalized. By the time Father Coughlin delivered his speech, Nazi authorities had rounded up more than 30,000 people and sent them to concentration camps for the “crime” of being Jewish.

But none of this moved Coughlin to sympathy. What did was the plight of Christians in Russia, Mexico, and Spain, which, according to Coughlin, “the Jewish gentleman who controlled the radio in the press” refused to report. Like Arnold Lunn, Coughlin found his grievance claim in the apparent widespread disinterest in Catholic suffering. But instead of using that grievance to foster a seemingly positive venture such as ecumenism, Coughlin castigated the silent. He engaged in what some today call “what-aboutism”: Jews were being oppressed, yes, but what about Catholics? A master manipulator of the media, he aimed to snatch away airtime from discussion of the Jewish persecution and steer attention to Catholic persecution under Communism. For Coughlin, Kristallnacht was an opportunity to talk about the real victims: Roman Catholics, who in the decades since the Russian Revolution had been placed under the thumb of “Jewish Communists,” with nary a word of protest from America’s Jews, politicians, or ecclesiastics.

Coughlin’s speech was an outrageous defense of Nazi atrocities. But to his followers, it was an impassioned plea for cosmic justice. “Witness the price that Christians have paid to uphold their religion against those who were anti-religionists,” Coughlin begged, “to uphold their Christ against those who were anti-Christ, to uphold their patriotism, their nationalism, against those who were unpatriotic and international.” As Bernard Duffy and Halford Ryan note, Coughlin’s speech was unusually effective in melding religious discourse and political critique. His “social and economic views were persuasively argued alongside and even within his religious and doctrinal message.”13

The speech has received a great deal of scholarly attention, but it may be the fifteen minutes afterward that most stimulated the audience. This portion of the broadcast—less noted in the voluminous Coughlin literature—was occupied by a prayer. After justifying the Nazi persecution of Jews, Coughlin delivered a version of the most recognizable exhortation of the entire Christian canon, galvanizing to Catholics and Protestants alike: the Lord’s Prayer. “Our Father who art in Heaven,” he began, as lilting organ music played in the background. At first there was nothing conceivably controversial in these rhythms and cadences. But then, between lines, Coughlin interspersed political nuggets. “Instead of gifts to the afflicted in distant lands,” Coughlin prayed, “our ships carry cargoes of debt.” “Forgive us our sins,” he continued, interjecting that “for too long we have been loud in our praise for those who preach the Gospel of Hate.” Finally, Coughlin’s growing tilt toward Catholic militancy came to the fore. “Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done,” he implored, “God give us power, give us courage, courage even unto death oh God, to marshal our forces, to battle for thy will.”14 The organ music drifted to a stop, followed by a reflective pause heard across crackling radios from coast to coast.

Coughlin’s speech and prayer spoke to the existential struggle his followers already perceived between Communism and Catholicism, if not Christianity as a whole. But the general public, and many in his Coughlin’s church, were aghast at his willingness to blame German Jews for the catastrophe visited on them. In light of his incendiary words, Coughlin’s broadcaster in New York, WMCA, demanded that he clear his speeches with programmers before going on air. When he refused, the station dropped him. Coughlin’s supporters saw WMCA’s rebuke as a violation of his First Amendment rights, an overheated allegation given that the station, not the government, took him off the air. In any case, from the perspective of his fans, rejection by WMCA proved Coughlin’s point: Catholics like him were persecuted by “non-Christians.”15

The WMCA incident was a key step on the road to a living, breathing Christian Front. Coughlin’s removal from the station’s roster won him much clerical sympathy—James Keeling, a priest from St. Francis of Assisi parish in the Bronx, thought that the WMCA affair “was a dark cloud with a silver lining,” since “people have become aroused to the fact that [their] liberty is endangered.” A Paulist priest, Reverend James Carnell, defended Coughlin, saying that the “Communist government in Russia has murdered Christians and destroyed Catholic churches.” But more important was the lay reaction. In New York the Irish-American Progressive League and the Christian-American Committee Against Communism (CACAC) held a joint meeting to urge other radio stations to keep Father Coughlin on the air. For CACAC, Father Coughlin was “the one voice that America needs to stop Communism.”16 The only lay Catholic New Yorker to defend Coughlin in the press was the leader of CACAC: John Cassidy."
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:21 am

Vinny, your framing of this as being about the Cult of Trump is blinding you to what’s really going on.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:21 am

flyingpylon wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:21 am
Vinny, your framing of this as being about the Cult of Trump is blinding you to what’s really going on.
And far too preoccupied to even think about denouncing the thoroughly corrupt Uniparty which they continue to support with their votes, their financial support, and their endless gaslighting.

At least the rise of the Trump cult, all faults notwithstanding, represented a clear rejection of the establishment. Which is something that has not been forthcoming from the dems in any form whatsoever.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:40 am

Maddy wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:21 am
flyingpylon wrote:
And far too preoccupied to even think about denouncing the thoroughly corrupt Uniparty which they continue to support with their votes, their financial support, and their endless gaslighting.

At least the rise of the Trump cult, all faults notwithstanding, represented a clear rejection of the establishment. Which is something that has not been forthcoming from the dems in any form whatsoever.
Re. my bolding above in Maddy's post: May I humbly suggest that if you turn off the news (audio, video, reading) for a couple of weeks you may discover life to be far more pleasant than you think. Or as someone far smarter than I said, "stop and smell the roses" and stop rushing down the information highway at breakneck speeds. After all, we are what we eat, literally and metaphorically.
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:51 am

flyingpylon wrote:

I am open to be explained what is really going on with specifics.

As I continue to read these detailed history books I am continually impressed with how a lot of people (falsely) thought they knew what was going on.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:55 am

Mountaineer wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:40 am

Maddy wrote:

flyingpylon wrote:

Re. my bolding above in Maddy's post: May I humbly suggest that if you turn off the news (audio, video, reading) for a couple of weeks you may discover life to be far more pleasant than you think. Or as someone far smarter than I said, "stop and smell the roses" and stop rushing down the information highway at breakneck speeds. After all, we are what we eat, literally and metaphorically.

I think I already find life to be far more pleasant than most people think. So while your suggestion may apply to you and others I don't see it improving my life.

It is all the politicians who need to paint life as grim so that only they have the solutions for improving our lives. I definitely always reject that fear tactic by them (irrespective of party).
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:09 am

vnatale wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:55 am
Mountaineer wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:40 am
Maddy wrote:
flyingpylon wrote:

I think I already find life to be far more pleasant than most people think. So while your suggestion may apply to you and others I don't see it improving my life.

It is all the politicians who need to paint life as grim so that only they have the solutions for improving our lives. I definitely always reject that fear tactic by them (irrespective of party).
I pretty much agree. So once you figure that out, why keep drinking the cool-aide? ???
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:28 pm

Mountaineer wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:09 am

I pretty much agree. So once you figure that out, why keep drinking the cool-aide? ???
[/quote]

In what way? As a neurotic I believe I'm almost entirely responsible for what goes in my life. I don't blame others as psychotics do.

I find following and discussing politics stimulating. As I find a lot of other things in life stimulating. Because I discuss politics here does not mean I'm preoccupied with it. I've involved in many other things that stimulate me, oftentimes at the same time ... one right now that I think given your age bracket you will appreciate.

As I'm typing this I'm also listening to Elvis doing Jailhouse Rock! Saw the movie on him a few weeks ago and it was excellent. Since then have been listening to some of his music each day. Don't think I ever realized how incredible he was as a vocalist concurrent with his songs / musicians also being quite good.
Dieter
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Dieter » Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:12 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/01/politics ... index.html

The three-judge panel of the 11th US Circuit Court of Appeals reversed US District Judge Aileen Cannon's order appointing a so-called special master to sort through thousands of documents found at Trump's home to determine what should be off limits to investigators. The court said the judge should not have intervened in the first place.