Distinguished Economist Jeffrey Sachs Explains How Neocons Rejected Diplomacy with Russia

stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Distinguished Economist Jeffrey Sachs Explains How Neocons Rejected Diplomacy with Russia

Post by stuper1 »

He's been involved with this stuff since before the Iron Curtain fell. He says the neocons rejected diplomacy. He also says a lot of other interesting, reasonable things. This podcast is well worth a listen or watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNymCy637AM
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Distinguished Economist Jeffrey Sachs Explains How Neocons Rejected Diplomacy with Russia

Post by vnatale »

stuper1 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:47 pm
He's been involved with this stuff since before the Iron Curtain fell. He says the neocons rejected diplomacy. He also says a lot of other interesting, reasonable things. This podcast is well worth a listen or watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNymCy637AM

The neocons are still with us? I thought they'd left us once Obama's predecessor left office and after they'd all been so disgraced by starting the needless Iraq War on false premises.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Distinguished Economist Jeffrey Sachs Explains How Neocons Rejected Diplomacy with Russia

Post by stuper1 »

Methinks the reports of the neocons' demise may have been greatly exaggerated:

Putin Needs to be Assassinated

Maybe I'm not using the current lingo, or maybe I never understood the term correctly, although Jeffrey Sachs certainly used that term in the podcast I linked above but of course part of what he was talking about happened 25+ years ago. When I say "neocons" I'm talking about the people constantly provoking trouble across the globe and meanwhile making tons of money for their arms-dealing masters. People like Victoria Nuland, Lindsey Graham, etc. Please feel free to insert whatever current appropriate term is being used for such people.