David Stockman Article Talks Sense About Potential Partition of Ukraine

stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

David Stockman Article Talks Sense About Potential Partition of Ukraine

Post by stuper1 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:50 am

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2022/12/dav ... ion-begin/

There are a few mentions of Trump in the article, but I'm pretty sure from other writings that Stockman is no Trump fan boy. But he recognizes that overreaction to Trump from the left has led the US in a bad direction.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: David Stockman Article Talks Sense About Potential Partition of Ukraine

Post by vnatale » Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:02 pm

stuper1 wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:50 am

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2022/12/dav ... ion-begin/

There are a few mentions of Trump in the article, but I'm pretty sure from other writings that Stockman is no Trump fan boy. But he recognizes that overreaction to Trump from the left has led the US in a bad direction.

I can see why you would have liked this.

However, after all this detail he providee he then concludes with these two final paragraphs which somewhat come out of nowhere since in all the mass of details prior to those paragraphs he provides none to support these two paragraphs.

"Actually, they were yelping in school-boy fashion against the demonized President of Russia, and for why? Because he purportedly put Donald Trump in the White House and badly loosened their grip on political power for a long-time to come.

At the end of the day, the motive power behind this deadly, despicable adventure is nothing more than the Trump Derangement Syndrome. And given the everlasting damage it will thrust upon American taxpayers, workers and consumers—to say nothing of the global economy—that’s about as sick as it gets. The minor ruckus of January 6th doesn’t hold a candle."
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:17 pm

You think a few silly unarmed people walking into the Capitol and sitting at Pelosi's desk, with no actual plans on how to do some kind of coup d'etat, is more important than leading the US possibly into World War 3 against a nuclear rival? That's an interesting perspective, but I will certainly fight for your right to hold it.
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:31 pm

Are you familiar with the work of David Stockman? Does he seem like a dummy, a crackpot, or a Putin-stooge?
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:03 pm

stuper1 wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:17 pm

You think a few silly unarmed people walking into the Capitol and sitting at Pelosi's desk, with no actual plans on how to do some kind of coup d'etat, is more important than leading the US possibly into World War 3 against a nuclear rival? That's an interesting perspective, but I will certainly fight for your right to hold it.

Seems to me that is a false choice? How are those put against one another? They are two different and distinct things.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:05 pm

stuper1 wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:31 pm

Are you familiar with the work of David Stockman? Does he seem like a dummy, a crackpot, or a Putin-stooge?

I read his book that came out in 1988. It somewhat speaks to his integrity that he went along with all Reagan's shenanigans and supported them. But then waits until he writes his book to tell how wrong they were.

Rudy G used to be the country's governor. Now look where he is at.

You have to take people at how they are now. No one gets to ride on their reputations.
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:06 pm

Vinny, I think you said several times that you get most of your information by watching C-Span. You may not be aware of the media onslaught that was used for quite a while to convince people that Trump's election was due only to Russian collusion. Or maybe I am misremembering things myself. Does anyone else care to weigh in on whether my recollection is correct or not?
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:21 pm

stuper1 wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:06 pm

Vinny, I think you said several times that you get most of your information by watching C-Span. You may not be aware of the media onslaught that was used for quite a while to convince people that Trump's election was due only to Russian collusion. Or maybe I am misremembering things myself. Does anyone else care to weigh in on whether my recollection is correct or not?

Yes, and in that information from C-Span is the hosts reading articles from various sources plus many callers from all over the political spectrum providing their own information / opinions.

Plus I do twice listen to each of the five Sunday news shows. I've never been one to watch anyone's evening news because I have always believe that to be just about the most inefficient way possible to get information.

I myself never thought that Trump was elected due to Russian collusion. I believe that the Russian were hopeful that he rather than Hillary would be elected and that they meddled as best that they could.

But I accepted the results that by the Electoral College vote he was properly elected.
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:37 pm

vnatale wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:05 pm
stuper1 wrote:
I read his book that came out in 1988. It somewhat speaks to his integrity that he went along with all Reagan's shenanigans and supported them. But then waits until he writes his book to tell how wrong they were.

You have to take people at how they are now. No one gets to ride on their reputations.
You brought up his integrity. Do you think he is profiting in some shady way by suggesting that Ukraine should be partitioned to match the two different cultures that inhabit the land? Do you think he is getting paid off by Russia or some other bad actor, or how is it that his lack of integrity has influenced this article he wrote?
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:43 pm

stuper1 wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:37 pm

vnatale wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:05 pm

stuper1 wrote:

You brought up his integrity. Do you think he is profiting in some shady way by suggesting that Ukraine should be partitioned to match the two different cultures that inhabit the land? Do you think he is getting paid off by Russia or some other bad actor, or how is it that his lack of integrity has influenced this article he wrote?

No. I was only bringing it up in regards to your question as to whether he seems "a dummy, a crackpot, or a Putin-stooge".

If someone has demonstrated a lack of integrity than I'm not going to automatically trust the person's words or actions.

Also, that article had a thoroughly unprofessional tone to it. Which made me not fully trust anything he was saying that i did not know myself.

Finally, when I later listening to another Lex podcast, I learned that Lex had spent four weeks in Ukraine during the war. He talked to people on both sides. He said that the Russian soldiers truly believe that they are liberating the Ukrainians from the Nazis. But he also did say that upon the invasion of February 24th that there was a generational hatred of the Ukrainian people unleashed towards the country of Russia. Which does not bode well for the success of Ukraine being partitioned.