The Red State Brain Drain Isn’t Coming. It’s Happening Right Now.

Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Red State Brain Drain Isn’t Coming. It’s Happening Right Now.

Post by Xan »

I think you guys have it mixed up which side in this "culture war" is obsessed with sex and gender and orientation etc and which is the one responding to that.

Vinny is absolutely right that adultery has been far too normalized. Even when a divorce is for cause like adultery it only affects the division of assets by a few percent I think. It should become illegal again in my opinion.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

To me, it all boils down to the value one has for human life other than ones own. In my opinion, human life begins at conception; any other definition has logical difficulty if really thoroughly studied. Thus, I'm not for abortion except in a very few medically necessary cases. I'm not for anything other than male-female marriage for life; that is the historical best conditions for raising children and assuring humanities best future. I do understand that many, maybe most or all of us, put ourselves before others in many situations. Thus, the popular ideas of women's "rights" or "right" to same-sex relationships (as if there were such a thing as a self-determined right), abortion, marital infidelity, hatred of others, war, redefining terms like biological sex to self-determined gender, failure to obey laws, running red lights and stop signs to "get where "I" want to be, etc., etc., etc. We are indeed a deeply flawed bunch of self-serving individuals.

Edit to add the following:

This explains it much better than I did. ... Mountaineer

Posted by Dan Fienen today on ALPB:

“At the turn of the century, from the 19th to the 20th, there was great optimism that the human race was finally maturing and we were entering the fully modern age with peace and brotherhood. That died in the trenches of Europe a few years later. In the 1960s we were entering into the Age of Aquarius the new Boomer generation was coming of age and were taking over to lead us into a new age of peace and brotherhood. At Woodstock we were getting back to the Garden, but Woodstock was followed by Altamont, Hippies gave way to Disco Queens, I have a Dreams to race riots, and almost a quarter century into the next century we still have racial and other unrest, genocidal wars, and the great Boomer hope for mankind are now the OK Boomers that are reviled and relegated to the outdated scrap heap. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

“Technology changes rapidly. When we entered the 20th century society moved primarily by horse with a few motorized vehicles. When we left, we had been to the moon and the space around the earth was infested with satellites and even spce stations. It remains a challenge to adapt laws and mores to the changing material culture. What does privacy mean when just about everyone lives a goodly portion of their lives in the internet cloud, are standardly instantly reachable by phone, and instantly locatable? But people remain people with much the same wants and needs, and the same proclivity for rationalizing why this they want to do is different and the old rules should not apply.

“Times do change, and we sometimes have to rethink old rules and precepts. But we dare never forget the humans are more often rationalizing creatures than truly rational.

“It means we should be very careful when considering that the old traditional rules and understandings should be changed to fit the current times that we are not simply rationalizing what we want rather than faithfully following God's will. Despite our hubristic pride, human nature has not changed all that much over the millennia.”
Last edited by Mountaineer on Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Xan wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:13 am
I think you guys have it mixed up which side in this "culture war" is obsessed with sex and gender and orientation etc and which is the one responding to that.

Vinny is absolutely right that adultery has been far too normalized. Even when a divorce is for cause like adultery it only affects the division of assets by a few percent I think. It should become illegal again in my opinion.

Here is my story from nearly 50 years ago.

I was a manager of a rock band. I was outside with one of the lead singers and a young woman who was clearly interested in him. However, he was married so I laughingly said to the young woman, "He's married." .. thinking that I was helping him protect his marriage. I was shocked shortly after when it was just him and I and he said to me, "Why'd you say that to her!!??"

I've told that story to several over the years and a most common response has been that it was not my place to say something like that.

For me breaking a basic trust in your marriage vows says a lot to me about your character.

I've been told that it is happening all the time around me. Somehow, I've been oblivious to those in my life actually engaging in it.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude »

> the historical best conditions for raising children and assuring humanities best future

Agreed but probably cant be realistically enforced on millions of people. The human machine is designed to live in tribes and not have access to drugs including addictive, Kettling social media.

And some random content:
Dalio dragged in the comments about climate change https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/fourth-b ... lio-vmt5e/

John Cochrane on Trump being removed from the ballot, with good comment section https://johnhcochrane.blogspot.com/2023 ... y-law.html
ochotona
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ochotona »

Xan wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:13 am I think you guys have it mixed up which side in this "culture war" is obsessed with sex and gender and orientation etc and which is the one responding to that.

WHOA back up...

I brought up the Cox case - a normal heterosexual married couple with kids who want to have more kids but her health and fertility were endangered because she could not get a medical procedure here in Texas.

Whose "culture war side" are you placing her on? Or just anyone who disagrees with you is a radical libtard? Is that the kind of sides we're dealing with here? Because I reject that kind of side-ism.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

boglerdude wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:03 am > the historical best conditions for raising children and assuring humanities best future

Agreed but probably cant be realistically enforced on millions of people.
Pretty much all I mentioned in my post (repeated below) needs to come from the hearts of the individuals, not forced from without, to be truly effective. That is to say, "Love God and love thy neighbor". That's what is missing in our culture of narcissism; we are turned in on ourselves.

"To me, it all boils down to the value one has for human life other than ones own. In my opinion, human life begins at conception; any other definition has logical difficulty if really thoroughly studied. Thus, I'm not for abortion except in a very few medically necessary cases. I'm not for anything other than male-female marriage for life; that is the historical best conditions for raising children and assuring humanities best future. I do understand that many, maybe most or all of us, put ourselves before others in many situations. Thus, the popular ideas of women's "rights" or "right" to same-sex relationships (as if there were such a thing as a self-determined right), abortion, marital infidelity, hatred of others, war, redefining terms like biological sex to self-determined gender, failure to obey laws, running red lights and stop signs to "get where "I" want to be, etc., etc., etc. We are indeed a deeply flawed bunch of self-serving individuals."
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan »

ochotona wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:13 am
Xan wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:13 am I think you guys have it mixed up which side in this "culture war" is obsessed with sex and gender and orientation etc and which is the one responding to that.

WHOA back up...

I brought up the Cox case - a normal heterosexual married couple with kids who want to have more kids but her health and fertility were endangered because she could not get a medical procedure here in Texas.

Whose "culture war side" are you placing her on? Or just anyone who disagrees with you is a radical libtard? Is that the kind of sides we're dealing with here? Because I reject that kind of side-ism.

I was only responding to this:
ochotona wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:13 amWhen you have a large group of people whose psychology is so obsessive that they ALWAYS have to talk about and get involved in gynecological procedures, gender assignment procedures, or Gay Lesbian Queer issues, books that even mention sex-related things, and they never, ever, ever stop talking about it and acting about it, you'd have to wonder about whether there is something going on with their psychology.
And I think you're overreacting. I have never called anyone a "libtard" and I believe I have a solid record of respecting other people's positions.
DogBreath

Post by DogBreath »

ochotona wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:29 am gender assignment procedures, or Gay Lesbian Queer issues
The gripe isn't with those issues, it's with those issue as they relate to minors.
It's completely hypocritical and stupid to say that a 10 year old is too young to smoke, drink, or get a tattoo, but is mature enough to make permanent, life altering modifications to their bodies.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

DogBreath wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:06 pm
ochotona wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:29 am
gender assignment procedures, or Gay Lesbian Queer issues

The gripe isn't with those issues, it's with those issue as they relate to minors.
It's completely hypocritical and stupid to say that a 10 year old is too young to smoke, drink, or get a tattoo, but is mature enough to make permanent, life altering modifications to their bodies.

Any less hypocritical or stupid that 18-20 year olds are too young to smoke or drink but are quite old enough to die or get maimed in service to their country?
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Yes.
DogBreath

Post by DogBreath »

vnatale wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:52 am
DogBreath wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:06 pm
ochotona wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:29 am gender assignment procedures, or Gay Lesbian Queer issues
Any less hypocritical or stupid that 18-20 year olds are too young to smoke or drink but are quite old enough to die or get maimed in service to their country?
I disagree with Dualstow. It is equally hypocritical.

Regardless, so what? That statement is like strawman, false dichotomy and circular argument all rolled into one. As in, what does one stupid law have to do with another just because they have some similar illogical component? You don't get to rationalize one bad idea with the premise that there are other similar bad ideas.
turbo8214
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by turbo8214 »

vnatale wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:27 pm From the recent Tired of Winning book (I'm about to start Cheney's book who is also no Trump fan):
I stopped reading after this.

Old Man Cheney was a warmonger as VP.

How many thousands of young men lost their lives because of decisions that were made by that administration?

There were no wars during the previous administration. Let's hope it stays that way but it wouldn't surprise me if the current regime pulls out all the stops to keep a certain individual from getting back in office.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

turbo8214 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:12 pm
vnatale wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:27 pm
From the recent Tired of Winning book (I'm about to start Cheney's book who is also no Trump fan):

I stopped reading after this.

Old Man Cheney was a warmonger as VP.

How many thousands of young men lost their lives because of decisions that were made by that administration?

There were no wars during the previous administration. Let's hope it stays that way but it wouldn't surprise me if the current regime pulls out all the stops to keep a certain individual from getting back in office.

I agree with that assessment regarding her father.

On another matter she reveals many specific details to show that both Speakers McCarthy and Johnson are men who, depending on the situation, are of low to no integrity.