Putin interview

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Putin interview

Post by vnatale »

Listened to the Putin interview today. Started listening to it a second time.

Exclusive: Tucker Carlson Interviews Vladimir Putin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOCWBhu ... e=youtu.be

Below are the exact comments I emailed to someone while listening to the interview.

I am listening to Putin and it is true that he starts off by giving a high level college lecture with no notes. As usual, I will be listening to this twice as though I am doing work at the computer which does not require much of my mind it does sometimes require some of it so I miss some words of what I am listening to.

He's extremely detailed in all that he is going over.

Putin: I'm close to an end of this. I'm sure it is boring to you.

TC: Not boring. Just wondering how it is relevant.

I think I might trust what Putin says more than what Biden says. Biden is a documented liar or inaccurate with facts or both. Putin supplies tons and tons of details which can be verified.

It is obvious that Putin has several magnitudes of intelligence greater than Biden's!

I think if you added both Biden and Trump's IQs to get a total they still would be below Putin's!

Putin has Bill Clinton / Hilllary Clinton / Obama level of intelligence!

Putin comes across as having far more credibility than Biden who is a documented liar, someone who is loose with the facts.

Putin many times answers, "I do not know."
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
ppnewbie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Putin interview

Post by ppnewbie »

Its pretty funny watching the Davos class lose their minds over this interview. TC is traitor! Ban him from the EU! etc, etc... All for...an interview. These people are desperately trying to hold on to credibility and power. I believe Boris Johnson called for some kind of sanctions or something like that against TC. Boris Johnson is so priveledged and morally bankrupt that when he was at Oxford, he and his friends would would go into a pub and destroy the place. That is the level of class, ethics, values, and morality this guy has.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullingdon_Club

I know many lifelong democrats (including me a while ago) that are getting red pilled.
whatchamacallit
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by whatchamacallit »

Interesting. I don't know that I watched it completely but from what I saw, his intelligence is what I noticed more than anything.

The next thing I was shocked by is that he hasn't even spoken to Biden since the conflict started.

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/tu ... transcript
Tucker Carlson (01:03:50):

Well, but you wouldn’t be speaking to the Ukrainian president. You’d be speaking to the American president. When was the last time you spoke to Joe Biden?

Vladimir Putin (01:03:58):

I cannot remember when I talked

Vladimir Putin (01:04:00):

… talk to him. I do not remember. We can look it up.

Tucker Carlson (01:04:03):

You don’t remember?

Vladimir Putin (01:04:06):

No. Why do I have to remember everything? I have my own things to do. We have domestic political affairs.

Tucker Carlson (01:04:13):

Well, he’s funding the war that you’re fighting, so I would think that would be memorable.

Vladimir Putin (01:04:20):

Well, yes, he funds, but I talked to him before the special military operation, of course, and I said to him then, by the way, I will not go into details, I never do, but I said to him then, “I believe that you are making a huge mistake of historic proportions by supporting everything that is happening there in Ukraine by pushing Russia away.” I told him, told him repeatedly, by the way. I think that would be correct if I stop here.

Tucker Carlson (01:04:48):

What did he say?
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged »

I watched it and have not watched or read any of the media's or pundits' takes on it.

I thought Putin is not the best communicator. He sure took an unnecessarily long time to explain why eastern Ukraine has long been Russian. Overall he didn't do a great job of making and summarizing key points. Still, there was a lot to digest. My notes.

-Eastern Ukraine has long been part of Russia, and there are a lot of Russians there.
-He feels the Russians there were under duress and it was growing, so it became time to fight it out.

Me: In this respect, it's another in the long line of conflicts arising from artificial borders. People can't get along with different people. Boy, we could switch to immigration now, but anyway.

-The neo-Nazi thing. Me: could be true, most likely it is the story they decided to use to sell it at home.

-Fall of USSR: They wanted peaceful relations with the West, but the West couldn't get past all of the deep state anti-Russia interests in the militaries, think tanks, and halls of governments. Me: I believe that.

-NATO: They didn't and don't want NATO on their border. There were some assurances given that it wouldn't happen. But NATO has enlarged towards them five times. He seemed to say that they could shrug this off for the most part, but certainly didn't want Ukraine to be NATO. Me: I think this is all understandable.

-US (NATO) meddled in Yugoslavia against the charter of the UN, but Russia was not allowed or was vilified for helping its Serbian allies. ie It's okay for you to bomb for your agenda, but if we try to help our friends, we are bad.

-He told the US not to support factions in the north Caucasus which were opposed by Russia, but we did anyway. Supposedly he has some proof from the CIA.

-When the missile defense system idea arose, Russia argued to be included. Instead the West excluded Russia, sending the obvious message that Russia was the big threat to be reckoned with. So, Russia charged ahead to develop hypersonic missles which can defeat the system. And he says their missiles are better than everyone else's, so there.

-More than once he discussed big picture themes for cooperation with US Presidents, and felt they were agreeing with him, only to have the ideas torpedoed by secretaries of state, defense, the CIA, etc. His conclusion is that the deep state runs the US. (my phrase, not his.)

-US meddled in Ukraine to depose their leader and install one who favored the West. (Pretty sure this is true.)

-Hasn't spoken to Biden in a long time. There are of course back channels open.

-Russia didn't blow up the Nordstream pipeline. Suggested that the US did it, and not many have the expertise to do what was done.

-The US has the greatest advantage in existence, the dollar. And they are driving away their market share with their belligerent actions. Sanctions, etc. The US is lucky to be able to do all the things it does and still have a pretty good economy. Will it continue to be able to do that?

-Evan Gershowitz might have been a journalist, but he was soliciting and receiving protected information. That is the definition of espionage. They are open to a deal and conversations are ongoing.

-Path to peace in Ukraine runs through the US because Ukrainian government is a US satellite.

-It was interesting to see how prudent he was about not revealing specific things said in past discussions with other leaders.

====

Overall, I understand what he wanted to say. I think they are tired of being pushed around and decided it was time to draw the line in Ukraine. That doesn't mean I like or support it, but I see their point. The fact that the breakup of the USSR did not lead to European peace and demilitarization is a tragedy of mostly western origin, I think.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

I Shrugged wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:40 am

Overall, I understand what he wanted to say. I think they are tired of being pushed around and decided it was time to draw the line in Ukraine. That doesn't mean I like or support it, but I see their point. The fact that the breakup of the USSR did not lead to European peace and demilitarization is a tragedy of mostly western origin, I think.

This was absolutely superb. By far the best thing I've read of anything you have put here.

I did not hearsome of what you have here. Not saying you mischaracterized anything. Just saying that with my typical divided attention while listening I miss a lot. Which is why I always listen a second time in the hopes of catching what I missed the first time around.

But all you put here will be quite helpful in my second listen for what I missed the first time around.

Finally, what you wrote deserves far wider distribution than the limited amount of people who will be reading it here.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Here is another point of view regarding Putin:

https://snyder.substack.com/p/putins-ge ... dium=email

Putin's genocidal myth
The foolishness of fascism, revealed in the Carlson interview

TIMOTHY SNYDER
FEB 11, 2024

In a talk with Tucker Carlson, Putin uttered sentences about the past. I will explain how Putin is wrong about everything, but first I have to make a point about why he is wrong about everything. By how I mean his errors about past events. By why I mean the horror inherent in the kind of story he is telling. It brings war, genocide, and fascism.

Putin has read about various realms in the past. By calling them “Russia,” he claims their territories for the Russian Federation he rules today.

Such nonsense brings war. On Putin's logic, leaders anywhere can make endless claims to territory based on various interpretations of the past. That undoes the entire international order, based as it is upon legal borders between sovereign states.
ArthurPooh

Post by ArthurPooh »

I have been rather disappointed. Snyder is right in one thing: Putin's historical narrative is kind of bullshit and heavily relies on selecting certain points of time as yardsticks. Of course Snyder is performing the exact same maneuver when he talks about the inviolability of sovereign states' borders - why exactly should borders from 1991 enjoy such reverence to justify killing hundreds of thousands of people in order to restore them? Why not pick 1950 or 1900? I have been angry about Wallachia far longer than Zelensky has been in power, who do I call to get some Javelins?

Snyder is a propagandist, and it's clearly seen in his incoherent claims of genocide, as in in the audacious lie that Russian soldiers have repeatedly confused Ukrainian for Polish while listening in to radio chatter. Anyone who has ever been to the region (such as Snyder himself) knows that Russian, Ukrainian and Belarusian are mutually intelligible with each other, but not with Polish. A monolingual Russian could not possibly mistake Ukrainian for Polish any more than a White American could mistake African-American English for French just because the vocabulary or grammar is somewhat different. And a cursory web search finds multiple Western sources confirming that Polish nationals have indeed fought on Ukrainian side both before and after the 2022 invasion. Snyder knows all that and intentionally attempts to confuse fellow Westerners.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

ArthurPooh wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:26 pm
I have been rather disappointed. Snyder is right in one thing: Putin's historical narrative is kind of bullshit and heavily relies on selecting certain points of time as yardsticks. Of course Snyder is performing the exact same maneuver when he talks about the inviolability of sovereign states' borders - why exactly should borders from 1991 enjoy such reverence to justify killing hundreds of thousands of people in order to restore them? Why not pick 1950 or 1900? I have been angry about Wallachia far longer than Zelensky has been in power, who do I call to get some Javelins?

Snyder is a propagandist, and it's clearly seen in his incoherent claims of genocide, as in in the audacious lie that Russian soldiers have repeatedly confused Ukrainian for Polish while listening in to radio chatter. Anyone who has ever been to the region (such as Snyder himself) knows that Russian, Ukrainian and Belarusian are mutually intelligible with each other, but not with Polish. A monolingual Russian could not possibly mistake Ukrainian for Polish any more than a White American could mistake African-American English for French just because the vocabulary or grammar is somewhat different. And a cursory web search finds multiple Western sources confirming that Polish nationals have indeed fought on Ukrainian side both before and after the 2022 invasion. Snyder knows all that and intentionally attempts to confuse fellow Westerners.

Thanks for this. Gave me further enlightenment.