The Left is eating itself

sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: The Left is eating itself

Post by sophie » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:25 pm

Ha, pp4me. They're only just getting started with that. Did you know that if you voted for Trump, you are now officially considered a white supremacist and domestic terrorist? Even if you're black or Hispanic?

Not us of course....we don't do any such thing here, right guys? And we are all registered Democrats now too! Truly!
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:28 am

I'm getting triggered, Xan. Better move this to the politics section.... ;)
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:32 am

This is obviously a political thread by definition that predates the creation of that §. I suppose it could be moved. Xan, l82start, is there a way to do it in a single move because post by post, that’s a lotttttt of checkboxes that I don’t want to click.
Sam Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years
l82start
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by l82start » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:35 am

done...

(first page of thread, bottom of page, mod control, move thread)
-Government 2020+ - a BANANA REPUBLIC - if you can keep it

-Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:48 am

Carli Lloyd - how dare you stand for the national anthem? O0
l82start wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:35 am
done...

(first page of thread, bottom of page, mod control, move thread)
Thanks!
Sam Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:42 pm

1234b.png
1234b.png (264.16 KiB) Viewed 4261 times
1234b1.png
1234b1.png (190.55 KiB) Viewed 4261 times
8)
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:44 pm

They said Trump wanted to be a dictator. Yet, Biden is setting records for executive orders. I'm starting to experience cognitive dissonance!
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:08 pm

I Shrugged wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:44 pm

They said Trump wanted to be a dictator. Yet, Biden is setting records for executive orders. I'm starting to experience cognitive dissonance!

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (30.83 KiB) Viewed 4291 times
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:52 pm

Simonjester wrote:
they are construction jobs and only temporary, so they don't matter*.... or so i have heard..

*except maybe to construction workers to whom every job is temporary since ... they don't keep building the same thing, in the same place, when a project is done...

EXCEPT.....

"One of the reasons for this disparity is due to what’s known as the “crowding out” effect. Construction jobs are inherently temporary anyway, but as Matheson notes, they’re also finite. “Big stadium construction crowds out other sorts of construction projects that could have happened. Your construction workers are working on this project rather than some other project in the area,” he said."

....from a book I am currently reading...
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:00 am

Yeah, I'm enjoying reading Reason magazine again. They've been complaining about Biden's executive orders and proposals nonstop, after throwing their hat in the ring to endorse him. Nice example of buyer's remorse there, too.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:20 pm

sophie wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:00 am
Yeah, I'm enjoying reading Reason magazine again. They've been complaining about Biden's executive orders and proposals nonstop, after throwing their hat in the ring to endorse him. Nice example of buyer's remorse there, too.
Seems that there's a lot of that going around these days. So what, exactly, has been revealed about Biden and Co. since November that these people didn't know before the election?
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:41 pm

Maddy wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:20 pm
sophie wrote:
Seems that there's a lot of that going around these days. So what, exactly, has been revealed about Biden and Co. since November that these people didn't know before the election?
Oh, they knew. They just ignored it, because they were told by the mainstream media to hate Trump instead. And they dutifully did what they were told.

I'm being a bit facetious though. I'm sure a lot of people didn't need CNN's incessant pounding and truth-twisting to dislike Trump's style. It's just that I really wish more Biden voters stopped to think, just for a moment, about what they were buying. The disappearance of thousands (ikely 10s of thousands) of good blue collar jobs in just a week, plus instantly increasing our energy dependence on Middle East oil, at the stroke of Biden's pen, is only the start.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:03 pm

Just listen to my man Joe, he has your answer (only 16 seconds to watch):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDRK0MyuuIM

sophie wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:41 pm
Maddy wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:20 pm
sophie wrote:
Oh, they knew. They just ignored it, because they were told by the mainstream media to hate Trump instead. And they dutifully did what they were told.

I'm being a bit facetious though. I'm sure a lot of people didn't need CNN's incessant pounding and truth-twisting to dislike Trump's style. It's just that I really wish more Biden voters stopped to think, just for a moment, about what they were buying. The disappearance of thousands (ikely 10s of thousands) of good blue collar jobs in just a week, plus instantly increasing our energy dependence on Middle East oil, at the stroke of Biden's pen, is only the start.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:04 am

MangoMan wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:48 pm
I Shrugged wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:03 pm
Just listen to my man Joe, he has your answer (only 16 seconds to watch):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDRK0MyuuIM
I wonder if Joe would be willing to prove that by learning to code himself?
Well you know, he is a very talented person. Lots of original ideas. Very accomplished. And not afraid of anything or anyone. So he'd probably learn to code in a day. Two, tops.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:37 pm

As the article points out, what they're utterly failing to do is their most basic job: at least TRY to figure out how to have school open!

I would hope that even the diversity police would see that such a show is self-defeating for them.