Moderator: Global Moderator

Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Stock scream room

Post by Cortopassi » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:49 pm

ochotona wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:27 pm
- Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov refused on Thursday US President DT's claims about a phone conversation between Russian President P. and Saudi Crown Prince MBS. "No. There was no such conversation".
Can't resist... release the transcript!
ochotona
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ochotona » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:16 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:49 pm
ochotona wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:27 pm
- Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov refused on Thursday US President DT's claims about a phone conversation between Russian President P. and Saudi Crown Prince MBS. "No. There was no such conversation".
Can't resist... release the transcript!
The Saudi transcript is here, www.spa.gov.sa/2054219
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:43 pm

ochotona wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:00 pm
Oilprice.com

No one has launched any talks about a potential new oil-production deal to replace the OPEC+ format, Dmitry Peskov, press secretary of Russia’s President Vladimir Putin, said on Thursday, hours after U.S. President Donald Trump said that former friends-turned-foes Saudi Arabia and Russia are talking and “I think they’ll to come up with something.”

“No one has started talking about any specific or abstract deals yet,” the Kremlin spokesman Peskov told reporters on Thursday, as carried by Russian news agency TASS.

Also https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/oil-sp ... mm-barrels
Of course the Kremlin never puts out disinformation, so we should believe the Kremlin rather than Trump.
But wait, isn't Trump supposed to be Putin's puppet? Or was that last week?
I'm getting dizzy trying to follow the talking points!
Another nod to the most beautiful equation: e + 1 = 0
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:59 pm

Russia is the Marshawn Lynch of countries. Or maybe the Bob Huggins.
All of humanity’s problems with coronavirus stem from a man’s inability to sit quietly in a room alone.
- Blasé Kriegsspiel
Dieter
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Dieter » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:42 pm

technovelist wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:43 pm
ochotona wrote:
Oilprice.com

No one has launched any talks about a potential new oil-production deal to replace the OPEC+ format, Dmitry Peskov, press secretary of Russia’s President Vladimir Putin, said on Thursday, hours after U.S. President Donald Trump said that former friends-turned-foes Saudi Arabia and Russia are talking and “I think they’ll to come up with something.”

“No one has started talking about any specific or abstract deals yet,” the Kremlin spokesman Peskov told reporters on Thursday, as carried by Russian news agency TASS.

Of course the Kremlin never puts out disinformation, so we should believe the Kremlin rather than Trump.
It's easy -- can't trust Russia, Trump, or the Chinese.
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:22 pm

Dieter wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:42 pm
technovelist wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:43 pm
ochotona wrote:
Oilprice.com

It's easy -- can't trust Russia, Trump, or the Chinese.
That isn't evidence that Trump is lying.
ochotona
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ochotona » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:39 pm

The evidence that Trump is lying is that 10 million barrels per say would be 43% of Saudi and Russian daily production!

It's impossible on it's face! KSA and Russia would never volunteer for that. That's patently absurd.

Anyone who believes that's plausible has no operating brain cells. You've just proven it to the world.

That like saying Trump claiming he is going to leap from Earth to Moon, ain't going to happen.
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Ad Orientem » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:50 pm

The only way I am sure Trump is still alive is if he is lying about something.
ochotona
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ochotona » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:36 am

More Boglehead panic

At what point does a fund's performance history vs index matter?
TLH of 6-figure loss? {ouch !!!}
Why Do So Many Recommend 70% - 100% Stocks?
How am I doing ? Do i need a financial advisor ?
Share what worked in your plan during the crisis
Anyone here depressed just looking at their portfolio?
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pmward » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:54 am

ochotona wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:36 am
More Boglehead panic

It is funny how much they are panicking, especially since as of the moment the stock market still has the best case scenario priced in. We are currently at ~2500 priced for a quick V shaped recovery. The market is still strangely very optimistic on the whole, as evidenced by things like rallying on historically bad unemployment numbers, oil rallying 20%+ on a blatant and obvious lie from Trump, etc. The bulls are still impatiently looking for any sign of hope to do a Q4 2018 like V shaped recovery back to new highs by the fall. There is a desperation for good news on the bulls part. They still have way too much hope left for this to be a true bear market bottom. I'm still long term bullish, but I am bearish short term. I think we have more pain to come in the next couple months and that things are worse in the short term than is currently priced into the market.
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:21 am

pmward wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:54 am
It is funny how much they are panicking, especially since as of the moment the stock market still has the best case scenario priced in. We are currently at ~2500 priced for a quick V shaped recovery. The market is still strangely very optimistic on the whole, as evidenced by things like rallying on historically bad unemployment numbers, oil rallying 20%+ on a blatant and obvious lie from Trump, etc. The bulls are still impatiently looking for any sign of hope to do a Q4 2018 like V shaped recovery back to new highs by the fall. There is a desperation for good news on the bulls part. They still have way too much hope left for this to be a true bear market bottom. I'm still long term bullish, but I am bearish short term. I think we have more pain to come in the next couple months and that things are worse in the short term than is currently priced into the market.
I know, the Knuckleheads forum is just such a strange place. They spend all this time analyzing stock market history, looking at charts, graphs, standard deviations, drawdowns. They get so snarky and pseudo-intellectual with each other. Yet for some reason these same people, who have done all this research, still invest as if bear markets don't happen and are somehow surprised when they do.

Like, uhhhh what?

It's as if someone told you that fighting Tyson Fury was going to get you KO'd, but you did it anyway and got KO'd. Hmmmmmm.
For the money you can't afford to lose, why would you invest it in anything other than the PP? ???
Check out the Goldsmith PP: https://www.gyroscopicinvesting.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9613
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:33 am

pmward wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:54 am
ochotona wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:36 am
More Boglehead panic

Please provide proof of the "blatant and obvious lie".
If you have none, you should stop spreading Democrat propaganda.