Gold holding companies

Discussion of the Gold portion of the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

dino27

Gold holding companies

Post by dino27 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:50 am

This question have probably been asked here many times. However,i haven't found such thread myself.
I was wondering, which companies do you recommend to hold gold for you, if holding gold in your house is not an option.

Here are some companies that I've found during my online research:

kitco
onegold.com - owned by APMEX.
goldsilver.com
HARD ASSETS ALLIANCE - sister company of goldsilver. Parent company of both is - GBI.
https://www.bullionvault.com/ UK based, huge.
goldmoney.com - big but i saw way too many complains about them.
bullionstar.com - based in Singapore which to me seems good as its a very solid country.

Which ones would you recommend ? OR - which other companies would you recommend ?

I intend to hold quite large amounts about 200k USD in gold and silver, for wealth preservation, and to diversify risks against the banks where i store my $ collapsing.

Thanks!
G.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Gold holding companies

Post by Libertarian666 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:54 am

ppnewbie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ppnewbie » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:21 am

I’m trying to figure this out myself but I have not pulled the trigger on purchasing through one of these companies yet. I just purchased IAU for my 401k. But for my long term holdings I want to find an extremely stable company overseas.

Perthmint also has some very interesting programs. I think you can buy AAAU etf and convert it into gold and they have a few more interesting offerings.

Good luck and let us know what you decide on.
ppnewbie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ppnewbie » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:25 am

On a side note - you may want to look at the cash part of this forum. If want to move money quick - you can buy treasurydirect.gov tbill, notes, bonds, ee bonds. TIPs, or I bonds. To get your money out of a bank. I am buying series I bonds.