Commercial Gold Vaults in USA

Discussion of the Gold portion of the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Commercial Gold Vaults in USA

Post by I Shrugged » Thu May 28, 2020 6:02 pm

I'm aware of the Texas Bullion Depository.
I could google this, but thought maybe someone here has done homework and checking on the subject. Are there many other private vaulting companies in the US? I imagine there are some in NYC, probably geared more for institutional customers. Any in midwest, west coast, southeast, etc.?
FarmerD
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Commercial Gold Vaults in USA

Post by FarmerD » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:30 am

I Shrugged wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 6:02 pm
I'm aware of the Texas Bullion Depository.
I could google this, but thought maybe someone here has done homework and checking on the subject. Are there many other private vaulting companies in the US? I imagine there are some in NYC, probably geared more for institutional customers. Any in midwest, west coast, southeast, etc.?
Texas Precious Metals has a vault in Shiner Texas. Actually, when you look at the language of the law that created the Texas Bullion Depository, the act refers to any "gold depository in Texas." That would include the Texas Precious Metals Depository which is owned by Texas Precious Metals. So you would seemingly get the protections afforded the Texas Bullion Depository by storing gold outside the purview of a government agency at a private company in Texas.
Last edited by FarmerD on Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stpeter

Post by stpeter » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:47 am

FarmerD wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:30 am
Actually, when you look at the language of the law that created the Texas Bullion Depository, the act refers to any "gold depository in Texas." That would include the Texas Bullion Depository which is owned by Texas Precious Metals.
"Q: Who owns the Texas Bullion Depository? A: The Texas Bullion Depository is an agency of the State of Texas."

Found at https://www.texasbulliondepository.gov/faqs
FarmerD
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FarmerD » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:25 pm

stpeter wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:47 am
FarmerD wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:30 am
Actually, when you look at the language of the law that created the Texas Bullion Depository, the act refers to any "gold depository in Texas." That would include the Texas Bullion Depository which is owned by Texas Precious Metals.
"Q: Who owns the Texas Bullion Depository? A: The Texas Bullion Depository is an agency of the State of Texas."

Found at https://www.texasbulliondepository.gov/faqs
Just fixed my goof above.