Hold onto yer gold

Discussion of the Gold portion of the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

whatchamacallit
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Hold onto yer gold

Post by whatchamacallit »

What would stop everyone from "identifying" as whoever is being paid the reparations?

Just like Elizabeth Warren is a Native American.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 »

whatchamacallit wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:49 pm What would stop everyone from "identifying" as whoever is being paid the reparations?

Exactly.
I'll self-identify as a disabled black Latino lesbian. That should be worth millions!
whatchamacallit
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by whatchamacallit »

MangoMan wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:05 am
whatchamacallit wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:49 pm What would stop everyone from "identifying" as whoever is being paid the reparations?

Evanston, IL, home to Northwestern University, a suburb just north of Chicago with a large black population is going to use tax revenue to selectively give reparations.
https://www.cityofevanston.org/governme ... eparations
Looks like you would have to submit to a DNA test. I guess that is one way for the government to get people's DNA. Pay you money for it.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

That's pretty sly.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Ad Orientem »

A memorial to Congress has been left for signatures at the Cotton Exchange against the issuing of irredeemable paper money as legal tender, and stating that this is making a forced loan upon the people of the United States, and only excusable by the necessity of a great war; that their issue in a time of peace would be against all constitutional powers. It protests against a rich country like the United States resorting to such a ruinous experiment when there is no necessity to exercise it. The memorial has received a large number of signatures.
From page 7; column 5...
https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn ... 3-03/ed-1/
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 »

MangoMan wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:05 am

Evanston, IL, home to Northwestern University, a suburb just north of Chicago with a large black population is going to use tax revenue to selectively give reparations.
https://www.cityofevanston.org/governme ... eparations
I have no problem with reparations, providing the correct offset is made.
The offset, of course is the difference between the present value of the expected lifetime income of the person in the US, including all welfare programs, and the present value of the expected lifetime income of a person in the country of origin.
Just subtract that amount from the reparation gross amount, and you're all set.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

Ok, switched from holding on to selling now...30% in silver and 15% in gold over last 60 days...pullback time?? We shall see how my crystal ball works. I went against my natural inclinations at least...which hopefully will work out.