Moderator: Global Moderator

MediumTex
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Tulving is Bankrupt

Post by MediumTex » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:08 pm

Desert wrote:
MediumTex wrote:
Desert wrote: MT, you speak some pretty good pirate.  It's not an easy language to learn.
I took two semesters of buccaneer dialects in college, and that really gave me a strong foundation.
MT, I figured as much.  I wish more universities would wake up and offer such programs. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve struggled over some very difficult concept in life, and have desperately wanted to go see how it was described in the original Pirate writings.  But alas, I can’t understand a lick of it. Sometimes I feel like a guy that’s blind in one eye.
I had a couple of really outstanding professors who made all the difference.
Only strength can cooperate. Weakness can only beg.
-Dwight Eisenhower
WildAboutHarry
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WildAboutHarry » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:22 pm

MT:

El Camino College (southern CA) went the other direction for a mascot in the mid-1960s.  The Ostrich.  They even tried to hatch an ostrich egg.  The ostrich was to be (or was, I don't remember if they were able to hatch the thing) called ECCO.  El Camino College Ostrich. 

I believe the school colors where pink and white lace.

And of course, UC Santa Cruz's mascot is the Banana Slug.
It is the settled policy of America, that as peace is better than war, war is better than tribute.  The United States, while they wish for war with no nation, will buy peace with none"  James Madison
barrett
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by barrett » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:59 pm

Let us not forget that great symbol of Canadian pride the beaver. Would love to see The Mighty Beavs face off against The Ostriches!

What has this thread come to? Perhaps someone can skillfully tie it all together.
6 Iron
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by 6 Iron » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:36 pm

Desert wrote: ...wanted to go see how it was described in the original Pirate writings.  But alas, I can’t understand a lick of it. Sometimes I feel like a guy that’s blind in one eye.
Don't give up, man. You are almost there!
Reub
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Reub » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:38 pm

TennPaGa wrote:
MediumTex wrote:
It would be interesting to start a thread with all of the interesting and tragic ways in which gold collections have been lost or destroyed.
The kid who played "Mikey" in the Life cereal commercials in the 1970's met an untimely death when he drank a can of Coca-Cola shortly after accidently swallowing 3 gold coins.  The passivated Au2O3 layer on the 1/4 oz Kruggerands reacted with the carbonic acid in the Coca-Cola, causing a violent explosion in Mikey's stomach -- and killed him instantly.  His parents were able to recover the gold, however, and it was buried along with him in an unmarked grave in Yonkers, NY.
So I guess this wasn't exactly a tale of lost gold.  Oh well.  It is sad, nonetheless.
You mean that Mikey's gone? I just can't bear it!  :'(
MediumTex
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MediumTex » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:11 pm

6 Iron wrote:
Desert wrote: ...wanted to go see how it was described in the original Pirate writings.  But alas, I can’t understand a lick of it. Sometimes I feel like a guy that’s blind in one eye.
Sounds like it's not too early to go parrot shopping.
Only strength can cooperate. Weakness can only beg.
-Dwight Eisenhower
Desert
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Desert » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:33 pm

MediumTex wrote:
6 Iron wrote:
Sounds like it's not too early to go parrot shopping.
Yes, I think it's nearly time.  I was also thinking that a wooden leg would make a perfect place to store one's physical gold. 

[img width=900 height=900]http://www.sisbro.com/assets/images/piq ... 0wakes.jpg[/img]
Last edited by Desert on Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at something that doesn't really matter. 
- D.L. Moody

Diversification means always having to say you're sorry.