Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Rethinking the Permanent Portfolio

Post by Mountaineer » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:35 am

MangoMan wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:24 pm
vnatale wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:51 am
Looks like this was one of the many predecessor topics to the current one that has emerged?
Right, bc if you've been here long enough, you realize the same topics keep getting rehashed over and over, yet the conclusions are almost always the same. Which is why I don't read or respond to most of the PP discussions or those on individual asset components. Been there, done that.
True, but a few years ago it was about Corona beer.

;)
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
buddtholomew
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by buddtholomew » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:06 am

Why don’t you tell us if you reach a different conclusion from the infinite pages on this forum where the philosophy is outlined. That would be a good starting point.
I am interested in crypto and the PP as you do have a sound grasp of the subject from what I’ve read.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:16 am

vincent_c wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:56 am
MangoMan wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:24 pm
yet the conclusions are almost always the same.
If they are only almost always the same, I'm interested in the things that may have changed.

Things may be the same and that's a good thing.

It seems a lot of the senior members have a consensus on things so how about one of you provide a quick summary of the conclusions that you guys think are going to be the same?
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy. ... Billy Currington. That is a quick summary.
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.