Channeling Maxine Waters (Wikileaks Vault 7)

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Channeling Maxine Waters (Wikileaks Vault 7)

Post by dualstow » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:00 pm

<Damn, my ipad deleted what I was typing. Serves me right for starting out saying that I needed to be on a real kbd for this>.

I am aware that NSA casts a wide net. Looking at sections 2.3 and 2.4 of that executive order 12333, though, it looks like mostly foreign stuff. I'll have to look at it more closely.

My main point, though is that when you say
Of course Obama didn't order a wiretap on Trump.
I thought everyone knew that by now.
are you saying that Trump is part of the everyone that knows that by now, or no?
Are you saying that all the newspapers that report the allegations of a wiretap are part of the everyone that knows that by now or no?

Because that is how it is being phrased: Obama wiretapping Trump. Not, Obama is seeking to collect Trump info that has already been recorded.

I do remember Thinthread and read about it when its abuses came to light.
---
I found it interesting hearing, maybe 3 weeks ago, that intelligence agencies in the U.S. were warning their foreign counterparts not to share too much with the Trump administration. I know these agencies' members can befriend each other to a degree, but when the U.S. agencies blab to their counterparts in Israel not to share, that doesn't suggest some nefarious conspiracy to me. Rather, it suggests that they think Trump is an incredible dunderhead. Which he is showing himself to be, quite clearly.
RIP Marcello Gandini
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:49 pm

'kay, then why phrase it as wiretapping?
RIP Marcello Gandini
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:12 pm

dualstow wrote:'kay, then why phrase it as wiretapping?
Probably because that way the lamestream media would jump all over it and further tarnish their almost non-existent reputation when it was demonstrated to be true in essence.
Simonjester wrote: i think "obama wiretapped" is trump speak (inaccurate but based in truth, reaction provoking but not the reaction that a truthful and accurate statement would get... done this way possibly on purpose) , or in other words.. members of the obama white house knew there was a tap, and were tangentially responsible for ordering it, key people had the information and passed it to the people that could make hay with it including the MSM and the Clinton campaign, they knew it was illegal and didn't care, they surrounded themselves and obama with plausible deniability as best they could...
Simonjester wrote:
Libertarian666 wrote:Trump does that all the time, and it seems to be working.

Coincidence or conspiracy? You be the judge!
i just saw it described this way... lmao
Once again, Donald Trump is playing Road Runner to the Dem-media establishment's Wile E. Coyote. His "rash" and "unsupported" tweet has decisively changed the game.
"
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:00 pm

Next you guys are going to try and tell me that Sean Spicer's the Easter Bunny- oh wait! :o
RIP Marcello Gandini
farjean2
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by farjean2 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:26 pm

Maddy wrote:
farjean2 wrote:I'm surprised that anybody is finding any of this stuff about the CIA surprising. You mean to tell me the CIA would actually try to influence the election in France? OMFG! I recommend the book "Killing Hope" which is a well documented account of the CIA's involvement in overthrowing governments and influencing elections all over the world since WWII. The CIA's propaganda campaign both at home and abroad starting long before the Vietnam war was in full swing is also an eye opening chronicle but I can't remember the name of the book.
"Confessions of an Economic Hitman" was eye-opening as well. Could that be the one you're thinking of?
No, that's not it. I usually add all the books I read to Goodreads so I don't forget but I must have forgotten this one. Tried to find it again but no luck.

Any way, it was about the propaganda campaign long BEFORE the war in Vietnam. There was some doctor who was a philanthropist doing work in southeast Asia and got so famous there was a piece on him in Life magazine. Turns out he was also a secret homosexual and so the CIA used that to blackmail him into helping with the propaganda effort which was basically an attempt to convince the American people that what was going on in Vietnam was a war against good and evil and that Vietnam was mostly a Christian nation with the communists trying to take over and stamp out Christianity. The doctor reported on atrocities taking place by Christians fleeing from North Vietnam, including children having their ears punctured with bamboo sticks just for being Christians. All of it was a lie. I ended up going to Vietnam but all of this happened long before I was old enough to even remember it. It was quite an eye-opening experience realizing that this had been going on since I was probably about 5 years old.

CIA = lying snakes in the grass
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:29 pm

RIP Marcello Gandini
farjean2
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by farjean2 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:17 pm

dualstow wrote:@farjean2 : is it this guy? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Anthony_Dooley_III
You got it. Thanks.
craigr
Administrator
Administrator

Post by craigr » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:30 pm

Simonjester wrote: it is starting to look like the FISA requests are just a band-aide butt cover for the swamp people (both parties) to give the appearance of legality and congressional oversight when the real "wire taps" were NSA CIA (of course we have trumps phones/computers we have everybody's) sourced....
I have looked closely at the first leaked docs, technical papers, and source code archive listings (no source code yet in them). Based on my nearly 30 years of experience in information security, intrusion detection, and writing network attack tools, I believe the leaks are 100% legitimate.

And in fact, I think the CIA could be doing some things better and I'm wondering if they are going to open a bug/feature tracker so I can submit my suggestions and fixes. ;)

For the record, my TV has a camera on it and I have had it covered for years when not in use. I keep a cover over the cameras on my laptop and desktop systems as well. Can't do much about the mic though without physically disabling it.

These work for non-laptops and allow you to slide the cover over when you need it. They are too thick to allow some laptops to close though:

https://www.amazon.com/Family-Pack-3-1- ... mera+cover

It's not just CIA, but other malware, etc. could activate a camera to spy on you. Everyone should keep the cameras covered and if you need to say things that are private, get away from your computer, phone, etc. to do it.

Not everything we hear in the biased lying press is paranoia. And yes, Trump probably was being monitored in some kind of way. To believe otherwise in the face of the Prism program, etc. is what stretches credulity.
craigr
Administrator
Administrator

Post by craigr » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:23 pm

Simonjester wrote:a new report just came out that obama used the British to spy on trump, supposedly he used the GCHQ That’s the British spying agency. They have 24/7 access to the NSA database. by asking them for info on trump he could keep the request out of the chain of command,
This kind of thing has been going on for ages from older reports as well. NSA can claim they didn't spy on Americans because the Candians were doing it, etc.

If this kind of massive eavesdropping system is in place, you can bet it will be used and abused by anyone that can order it.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:23 am

It doesn't merit its own thread, but does anyone remember the person who was bragging about his personal relationship with Obama? He was saying that Obama privately hated Eric Holder.

I can't find it by googling "Obama hates" because that brings...yeah.
I'm sure it was a celeb or small fry politician, likely someone who was recently disgraced and jailed.
RIP Marcello Gandini
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:14 pm

There is no evidence.

At this point, the man in the street will believe or disbelieve, but it is not based on evidence.
One can choose to be suspicious or in denial. Or to concede that there's no way to know.
simonjester wrote:
this is the reason for the careful inclusion of the word supposedly in my post, we cant know ....at least not yet.. but it certainly wouldn't surprise me or even seem remotely unrealistic with what we know about how the big brother state operates..
RIP Marcello Gandini
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:17 pm

ahh, I remember now. Steve Kroft of 60 Minutes.

dualstow wrote:It doesn't merit its own thread, but does anyone remember the person who was bragging about his personal relationship with Obama? He was saying that Obama privately hated Eric Holder.

I can't find it by googling "Obama hates" because that brings...yeah.
I'm sure it was a celeb or small fry politician, likely someone who was recently disgraced and jailed.
RIP Marcello Gandini
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:58 am

TennPaGa wrote:LA Times: Fox News pulls Judge Napolitano over his Trump wiretap claims
March 20, 2017 - Fox News senior judicial analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano is being kept off the air indefinitely amid the controversy over his unverified claims that British intelligence wiretapped Trump Tower at the behest of former President Obama.
ha
RIP Marcello Gandini
Tyler
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tyler » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:17 pm

Also relevant -- Murdoch just happens to be trying to purchase Sky News in the UK, and having one of his own accuse the UK of spying is bad for business.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/w ... ing-988621