CDC Taken Over By Alt Right Influences?

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: CDC Taken Over By Alt Right Influences?

Post by jalanlong » Fri May 14, 2021 11:39 am

tomfoolery wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 11:19 am
It’s impossible to be alive in America in 2021 and not be bombarded by alt right news in the media. Everything from the Big Lie about the election to climate change denialism to anti-vaxxing propaganda is everywhere.

Yesterday’s reckless decision by the CDC to allow going indoors without a mask is indicative that the alt right is winning the war against common sense and science.

First, who gives the CDC authority to tell individual states and private property owners that they have to allow people without masks? This seems like an extreme overreach of the CDC, unconstitutional at best. I liked the CDC when they stuck to science, recommending masks, getting vaccines approved through FDA, and helping keep people off the streets by blocking evictions.

But now... I don’t know what has happened to the CDC and I’m afraid. I’m afraid and I’m scared and I am anxious what comes next.

Why didn’t the CDC meet with various experts from each state and each corporation before creating such reckless confusion about masks? In many states, their local experts say the mask mandate is in place. In many private businesses like Home Depot and Target, their corporate scientists have determined masks are still needed.

I find the CDCs actions reprehensible and am concerned. I am concerned and afraid. Covid numbers are at all time lows, and this is the worst time to let our guard down. I’ll continue wearing a mask regardless of what this morally bankrupt government agency says.
This does send a very bad signal. It gives people a pass to exercise freedom without responsibility for others. If we let our guard down even for a moment then all of the hard work and progress that has been done since January 20th of this year would be for nothing.

Fortunately a lot of companies around me like Starbucks are still requiring masks and don't allow people to eat or drink inside where germs can pass and you might carry something home to grandma. At least they care about their customers. They seem to understand that they will not have a business if everyone is dead. Not sure why that is so hard to grasp.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Fri May 14, 2021 7:14 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 12:59 pm
tomfoolery wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 12:11 pm
jalanlong wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 11:39 am

They seem to understand that they will not have a business if everyone is dead. Not sure why that is so hard to grasp.
Ironically the alt rightists, the party of wealth and greed, can't seem to realize that you need people to be alive for there to be an economy! Corpses don't swipe Visa cards!
You've never been to Chicago, have you? :D
You would think the Dems would want as many people dead as possible since everyone votes Dem after they die.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Sat May 15, 2021 6:18 am

tomfoolery wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:20 pm
SomeDude wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 7:14 pm
You would think the Dems would want as many people dead as possible since everyone votes Dem after they die.
The Big Lie continues.
As a life long Democrat, I'm sure you believe the ends justify the means right? Shouldn't a good Democrat therefore engage in fraud to oust orangemanbad as a service to humanity?