Moderator: Global Moderator

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by vnatale » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:31 pm

Mountaineer wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:17 pm

I assume you have some method to verify the information?

You know another way of finding something like this?

It's information. What is your level of distrust of it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Winter_discography

Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:19 pm

For things that are important, trust and verify is a good principle. A gallon of gas being + or - a few % - not that important to me. For “new” only one source material .... go for it Vinny if it makes you satisfied.
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:21 pm

For those who doubt that conspiracies of the Elite run the world, I'd recommend the exemplary work of the late Antony Sutton, from the Hoover Institution at Stanford University. It's solid, scholarly analysis; not for those who seek out the Cliff's Notes versions of things.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:30 pm

Maddy wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:21 pm

For those who doubt that conspiracies of the Elite run the world, I'd recommend the exemplary work of the late Antony Sutton, from the Hoover Institution at Stanford University. It's solid, scholarly analysis; not for those who seek out the Cliff's Notes versions of things.

Of course I started here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antony_C._Sutton

As I was reading it...it all seemed quite intriguing. That, maybe, I should get some of his books and read them. However, I reached the end which stated:

Criticism
Sutton's works have received a number of criticisms from other academics, particularly in regards to his Wall Street trilogy (Wall Street and the Bolshevik Revolution, Wall Street and FDR, and Wall Street and the Rise of Hitler)".[11][12] Some historians argue that these books more closely resemble conspiracy theory than genuine historical studies. For instance, in a contemporary review of Sutton's Wall Street and the Bolshevik Revolution, researcher Virgil D. Medlin of Oklahoma City University reported finding numerous factual errors in the book and claimed that Sutton repeated "unsubstantiated allegations [and came to] unwarranted conclusions." Medlin also stated Sutton made use of dubious sources, such as rumor and uncorroborated inquiries, as "documentary proof of [his] allegations."[13] Similarly, Howard Dickman of the Manhattan Institute for Policy Research referred to Sutton's Wall Street and FDR as a "weak specimen of conspiracy history" that was "poorly written and edited, digressive, repetitious, disorganized, and unconvincing."[14]

Sutton's Western Technology and Soviet Economic Development, 1945 to 1965 has also received criticism, specifically in regards to its thesis. Dr. Samuel Lieberstein of Temple University had initially praised the first two volumes of the study but later came to criticize it in his review of the third volume, stating that Sutton failed to note instances of Soviet technological innovation and ignored positive aspects of the USSR's planned economy that seemed to conflict with his thesis.[15] British historian Richard C. Thurlow also criticized Sutton's thesis stating that “all nations were dependent on international trade for economic development and their industrial infrastructure, including the United States” adding that Sutton "totally [disregarded] alternative explanations of Soviet industrialization".[16]

Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:44 pm

Maddy wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:21 pm

If you go to Amazon you will see a ton of his books available.

These books get between a 4 and 5 star rating....so they definitely appeal to a certain group.

I sorted the books by the ones that got the most reviews.

This is the latest review for the book with the most reviews:

1.0 out of 5 stars I doubt they're as big a deal as the author believes
Reviewed in the United States on March 20, 2020

A typical conspiracy theory... Thinking that a small secret group is running everything for their own benefit and everyone else suffers or pays for it. But while I do believe that there are a lot of corrupt politicians and business men and women, I do not believe that a small secret group augmented by 15 new graduates from one little college each year, even if connected to some obscure European group or groups, has the power the author would like you to believe they have.

That review does an excellent job of encapsulating my views on secret groups running the world. Just do not believe it.

In the late 70s I did work for someone who owned a building with many stores as his tenants. I'd known from the start that he was a Yale graduate. I'd had no contact with him from then until just a few years ago. I'm forgetting why I contacted him but when he responded I was shocked to find out two things about him. He had been a classmate of Obama's predecessor and both of them had been in Yale's Skull and Bones.

Do you think I should ask him how he's been running the world? Do you think he'd give me an honest answer? When I was working for him it seemed like he was far more interested in achieving profitability with his building rather than running the world. But I was not keeping up with what else he was doing besides concerning himself with his building and its tenants. Maybe in his spare time he was helping to run the world?

Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:48 am

I agree, Vinny, we shouldn’t study the works of people whose ideas are criticized by others. And certainly not if any people have called them a conspiracy theorist.

It’s just common sense.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:46 am

What if there is a conspiracy to call people conspiracy theorists?
The Ruling Party uses labels like conspiracy theorist, racist, white supremacist, deplorable.... They are always trying out new material, looking for the one that gets traction. It seems conspiracy theory is serving them well.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:35 am

Vinatale, if you spent anywhere near the time actually reading and analyzing as you do finding sources to discredit facts brought to light by anyone other than the mainstream media, your perspectives might get better reception. Simply shooting down posts by digging up negative press on the source adds nothing of value to the forum. By "reading," I don't mean speed-reading, and by "analysis" I don't mean parroting the content of Wikipedia.

In this case, you began by claiming that because you had never heard of the subject of my post (the founder and present head of the World Economic Forum), he must be a "nobody" whose views cannot possibly be worthy of consideration. Instead of admitting your ignorance of one of the most important figures in modern political history, you went on to make five additional posts--one right after another--apparently intended to somehow justify your error--or at least bury it in insipid chatter. You then went on, in similar fashion, to demean the scholarly work of one of the most careful historians and researchers on the subject--again someone of whom you had apparently never heard--with derogatory snippets from progressive talking heads. Is this your idea of intelligent analysis?

Another question: When you first joined this forum not too long ago, why was it so important to you to ferret out how the board was controlled, who had the "power" on this forum, and how members gain ranking? Weren't those odd concerns for someone who, at the time, painted himself out to be a lonely, apolitical bumpkin who simply wanted to make friends and talk about baseball?

I'm going to ask you a favor. . . Please put me on "ignore." I value the traditional level of analysis on this forum and find your constant derailing of threads with seriatim strings of non-analysis to be an attempt to shut down, rather than promote, discussion.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:43 am

seriatim, that is a fantastic word.
Sam Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:47 am

dualstow wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:43 am

It is. An excellent way to describe the way I operate....in a methodical, point by point fashion.

Some people have gladly paid me a lot of money to do so. Another (see above) objects.

pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:54 am

dualstow wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:43 am
First time I ever even heard it. I'm guessing it will probably also be the last.
Hal
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Hal » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:46 am

According to this video, coronavirus is airborne and cites cases where ships crews became infected at sea.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xRnTyRnJuI
Aussie GoldSmithPP - 25% PMGOLD, 75% VDCO
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:55 am

Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:58 am

MangoMan wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:46 am
Simonjester wrote: we are following the china model on masks and lock downs... how long till we get this here...
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/20/asia/chi ... index.html
The way Biden is going already, prob by the end of the month. :o
Well, at least we'll be in good company. Germany is jumping on the quarantine concentration camp bandwagon, too!

https://nypost.com/2021/01/18/german-qu ... gee-camps/
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:20 pm

Simonjester wrote: they probably have some WW2 historic sites that would be easy to convert... i wonder if CA has any camps left from our ww2 experiments with internment?
CA can probably just repurpose its DMV offices. Those are already basically concentration camps.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:56 pm

Biden has called up Rachel Levine, who is a total dickhead, to the federal government from the PA government. Some people have said that Levine is a fan of Holocoughs concentration camps.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:00 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:56 pm
Biden has called up Rachel Levine, who is a total dickhead, to the federal government from the PA government. Some people have said that Levine is a fan of Holocoughs concentration camps.
I don't get all this talk about concentration camps -- I mean I do, but I lost family in real ones. I don't think we're quite there yet -- however, Rachel Levine scares me. I hope he gets fired someday soon.
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:33 pm

Tortoise wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:58 am
MangoMan wrote:
Simonjester wrote: we are following the china model on masks and lock downs... how long till we get this here...
Well, at least we'll be in good company. Germany is jumping on the quarantine concentration camp bandwagon, too!

Wow is this scary or what. Shades of Japanese internment camps during WWII. I don't get how these could possibly survive a legal challenge, but I suppose that requires a sane and presumably conservative court.

One thing useful that implementing camps like this will accomplish: it will stop people from getting COVID tests voluntarily. Who the heck wants to take a chance on testing positive and then being forcibly removed to one of these camps???

Once the testing stops, the "casedemic" portion of the pandemic will stop. Which is to say, most of it. Then they'll credit the camps & vaccines with stopping the pandemic. It'll be quite fun to watch this unfold.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:59 pm

It looks like the WHO finally issued a notice to laboratories around the world that PCR test results should include the cycle threshold (Ct) that the test used -- something that many doctors and scientists have been requesting since the beginning of the pandemic.

Viral load is inversely proportional to the Ct needed to detect the virus, so reporting the Ct along with the test result will roughly indicate the viral load of the patient. So if most laboratories follow this new WHO guideline and it turns out that most Covid "cases" correspond to tests with very high Ct values -- indicating viral load below the level of infectivity -- many of the current "cases" might just disappear with the stroke of a pen.

Quite interesting that the WHO issued this notice on the day of Biden's inauguration. But I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

https://www.who.int/news/item/20-01-202 ... rs-2020-05
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:08 pm

WiseOne wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:33 pm
Tortoise wrote:
MangoMan wrote:

Wow is this scary or what. Shades of Japanese internment camps during WWII. I don't get how these could possibly survive a legal challenge, but I suppose that requires a sane and presumably conservative court.

One thing useful that implementing camps like this will accomplish: it will stop people from getting COVID tests voluntarily. Who the heck wants to take a chance on testing positive and then being forcibly removed to one of these camps???

Once the testing stops, the "casedemic" portion of the pandemic will stop. Which is to say, most of it. Then they'll credit the camps & vaccines with stopping the pandemic. It'll be quite fun to watch this unfold.
Not saying this is right, but didn't the US have sanitariums for TB 75-100 years ago?
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:45 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:08 pm
WiseOne wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:33 pm
Tortoise wrote:
MangoMan wrote:

Not saying this is right, but didn't the US have sanitariums for TB 75-100 years ago?
That is the precedent the PA government used for the lockdowns. I read through it and I (no legal scholar, of course) don't see how it hasn't been challenged and overturned in a court.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:41 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:06 pm
dualstow wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:00 pm
Kriegsspiel wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:56 pm
I don't get all this talk about concentration camps -- I mean I do, but I lost family in real ones. I don't think we're quite there yet -- however, Rachel Levine scares me. I hope he gets fired someday soon.
You just gained yourself a priority pass to said camps for using the wrong pronoun. You transphobic, you.
Ok, che scares me. O0
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:12 pm

Weren't TB sanitariums voluntary? And, nice places to go rather than internment camps?

They're talking about forced removal of people, which has to involve police, an arrest, etc. Just think about what that means.

I got in touch with a good friend of mine who voted for Trump, and warned her...no more COVID tests. Ditto here. It's now officially too dangerous. I just took one mandated by my university and it's negative, thank goodness.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:24 pm

WiseOne wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:12 pm
Weren't TB sanitariums voluntary? And, nice places to go rather than internment camps?

They're talking about forced removal of people, which has to involve police, an arrest, etc. Just think about what that means.

I got in touch with a good friend of mine who voted for Trump, and warned her...no more COVID tests. Ditto here. It's now officially too dangerous. I just took one mandated by my university and it's negative, thank goodness.
This is from the PA gov website:
How are the Governor's and the Secretary's Limited Time Targeted Mitigation Orders and Mitigation, Enforcement, and Immunity Protections Orders being enforced?

These Orders are enforceable through actions brought under the Disease Prevention and Control Law of 1955 and the Administrative Code of 1929.
The text of that law used to be hyperlinked at those FAQs, but they removed the hyperlink. This is the file they were linking to. If you're feeling froggy, you can check it out
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:56 pm

Save yourselves before it's too late. Join the Church Of Covid.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ChurchOfCOVID/ ... ci_or_not/