Coronavirus General Discussion

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

User avatar
Xan
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 4402
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by Xan »

jalanlong wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:17 am
vnatale wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:34 pm
I Shrugged wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:01 pm I went into a big chain hospital today. No masking requirements for entry or otherwise.

I gather that this is still not the case in some US states?
In my part of Western Massachusetts it is always masks for anything medically related. I think that might be the only places where that is the case.
No the hospitals and doctors offices in my area are still mask required, even when you are going to something unrelated like a dermatologist.

Also, last week my wife went to get a name change at the local social security administration and the local DPS office for a new driver's license. Both places required masks.

This is in Plano, jalanlong? That's very strange. Here in Austin I've been to the GP doc and a medical scanning facility. Between the two I maybe saw one person wearing a mask. Certainly no requirement. I'm pretty certain the situation would be the same at the DPS.
User avatar
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2751
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:35 am

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by Tortoise »

The California Department of Public Health still requires masks in "healthcare settings, long-term care settings, and adult and senior care facilities". And therefore my dutifully compliant county department of public health requires them also.

My dentist and all of his staff and patients comply with the rule, but interestingly, there's not a mask to be seen in my optometrist's office.
User avatar
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 829
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:30 am

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by jalanlong »

Xan wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:01 am
jalanlong wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:17 am
vnatale wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:34 pm
I Shrugged wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:01 pm I went into a big chain hospital today. No masking requirements for entry or otherwise.

I gather that this is still not the case in some US states?
In my part of Western Massachusetts it is always masks for anything medically related. I think that might be the only places where that is the case.
No the hospitals and doctors offices in my area are still mask required, even when you are going to something unrelated like a dermatologist.

Also, last week my wife went to get a name change at the local social security administration and the local DPS office for a new driver's license. Both places required masks.

This is in Plano, jalanlong? That's very strange. Here in Austin I've been to the GP doc and a medical scanning facility. Between the two I maybe saw one person wearing a mask. Certainly no requirement. I'm pretty certain the situation would be the same at the DPS.
Yes, in Plano. Outside the Plano DPS when my wife went to get her license there was an employee standing outside shouting that this is a Federal Building and mask mandates are in effect. They are still by appointment only at that location.

I have a dermatologist appt on Monday at Baylor Hospital here in Plano and the reminder email I received yesterday said that masks are required. Although they are using softer langauge now...saying "please make sure to bring your mask."
Last edited by jalanlong on Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Xan
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 4402
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by Xan »

jalanlong wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:03 pm Yes, in Plano. Outside the Plano DPS when my wife went to get her license there was an employee standing outside shouting that this is a Federal Building and mask mandates are in effect. They are still by appointment only at that location.

There shouldn't be anything federal about the Plano DPS. That doesn't even make sense.
User avatar
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 829
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:30 am

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by jalanlong »

Xan wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:12 pm
jalanlong wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:03 pm Yes, in Plano. Outside the Plano DPS when my wife went to get her license there was an employee standing outside shouting that this is a Federal Building and mask mandates are in effect. They are still by appointment only at that location.

There shouldn't be anything federal about the Plano DPS. That doesn't even make sense.
So I clarified with my wife and apparently I got the story completely wrong! DPS did not require masks; the social security office did. They are the ones that came outside and informed everyone that it was a Federal office and masks were required. My dermatologist visit at Baylor Hospital on Monday is mask required according to the text reminder I received. So it is kind of hit and miss around here.
User avatar
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2064
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:35 pm

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by I Shrugged »

jalanlong wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:17 am
vnatale wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:34 pm
I Shrugged wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:01 pm I went into a big chain hospital today. No masking requirements for entry or otherwise.

I gather that this is still not the case in some US states?
In my part of Western Massachusetts it is always masks for anything medically related. I think that might be the only places where that is the case.
No the hospitals and doctors offices in my area are still mask required, even when you are going to something unrelated like a dermatologist.

Also, last week my wife went to get a name change at the local social security administration and the local DPS office for a new driver's license. Both places required masks.

This was Texas Health.
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1317
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:40 am
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by boglerdude »

I dont necessarily object to gain of function research. But its interesting how this story was scrubbed for several days, and how most of family will never hear about it. People are living in different realities if they dont seek out contrarian news sources. When everyone had to read NYtimes, WSJ etc in the 90s we had a common culture. Although now I wonder if those sources were abusing that monopoly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-LamoxBvW0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO86vEGsOB0
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1102
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:04 am

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by flyingpylon »

boglerdude wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:20 pm I dont necessarily object to gain of function research. But its interesting how this story was scrubbed for several days, and how most of family will never hear about it. People are living in different realities if they dont seek out contrarian news sources. When everyone had to read NYtimes, WSJ etc in the 90s we had a common culture. Although now I wonder if those sources were abusing that monopoly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-LamoxBvW0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO86vEGsOB0
Doesn't seem like very many people want to take the time to follow the unraveling of the narrative or discuss anything related to covid anymore.
SilentMajority
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:10 am

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by SilentMajority »

flyingpylon wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:22 am
boglerdude wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:20 pm I dont necessarily object to gain of function research. But its interesting how this story was scrubbed for several days, and how most of family will never hear about it. People are living in different realities if they dont seek out contrarian news sources. When everyone had to read NYtimes, WSJ etc in the 90s we had a common culture. Although now I wonder if those sources were abusing that monopoly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-LamoxBvW0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO86vEGsOB0
Doesn't seem like very many people want to take the time to follow the unraveling of the narrative or discuss anything related to covid anymore.
The narrative coming apart shatters into tiny pieces the the worldview of the people who believed and defended it. It's emotionally painfully for them to discuss it.

Regarding Pfizer...... Imagine your neighbor had a secure biolab in his basement and was mutating viruses in monkeys that affect humans and he said his purpose was to develop some kind of injection to protect people against his mutation. He would be considered a mad scientist and criminal. We call that a pharma company. People trust them and take their experimental injections and governments mandate it.

We're fully in clown world.
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1265
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:24 am

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by glennds »

SilentMajority wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:42 am
flyingpylon wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:22 am
boglerdude wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:20 pm I dont necessarily object to gain of function research. But its interesting how this story was scrubbed for several days, and how most of family will never hear about it. People are living in different realities if they dont seek out contrarian news sources. When everyone had to read NYtimes, WSJ etc in the 90s we had a common culture. Although now I wonder if those sources were abusing that monopoly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-LamoxBvW0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO86vEGsOB0
Doesn't seem like very many people want to take the time to follow the unraveling of the narrative or discuss anything related to covid anymore.
The narrative coming apart shatters into tiny pieces the the worldview of the people who believed and defended it. It's emotionally painfully for them to discuss it.

Regarding Pfizer...... Imagine your neighbor had a secure biolab in his basement and was mutating viruses in monkeys that affect humans and he said his purpose was to develop some kind of injection to protect people against his mutation. He would be considered a mad scientist and criminal. We call that a pharma company. People trust them and take their experimental injections and governments mandate it.

We're fully in clown world.
Or maybe people are in fatigue on the whole subject and want to move on with their lives regardless of who's right and who's wrong.
SilentMajority
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:10 am

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by SilentMajority »

glennds wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:57 am
SilentMajority wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:42 am
flyingpylon wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:22 am
boglerdude wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:20 pm I dont necessarily object to gain of function research. But its interesting how this story was scrubbed for several days, and how most of family will never hear about it. People are living in different realities if they dont seek out contrarian news sources. When everyone had to read NYtimes, WSJ etc in the 90s we had a common culture. Although now I wonder if those sources were abusing that monopoly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-LamoxBvW0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO86vEGsOB0
Doesn't seem like very many people want to take the time to follow the unraveling of the narrative or discuss anything related to covid anymore.
The narrative coming apart shatters into tiny pieces the the worldview of the people who believed and defended it. It's emotionally painfully for them to discuss it.

Regarding Pfizer...... Imagine your neighbor had a secure biolab in his basement and was mutating viruses in monkeys that affect humans and he said his purpose was to develop some kind of injection to protect people against his mutation. He would be considered a mad scientist and criminal. We call that a pharma company. People trust them and take their experimental injections and governments mandate it.

We're fully in clown world.
Or maybe people are in fatigue on the whole subject and want to move on with their lives regardless of who's right and who's wrong.
That's definitely possible. The irony is that the group that appears to have been right all wanted to just move on with their lives from the start but were not allowed to. They were vilified by the now fatigued group.

There are exceptions of course and everyone can decide for themselves if they were part of any given group or side of the issue.
User avatar
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 829
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:30 am

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by jalanlong »

glennds wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:57 am
SilentMajority wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:42 am
flyingpylon wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:22 am
boglerdude wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:20 pm I dont necessarily object to gain of function research. But its interesting how this story was scrubbed for several days, and how most of family will never hear about it. People are living in different realities if they dont seek out contrarian news sources. When everyone had to read NYtimes, WSJ etc in the 90s we had a common culture. Although now I wonder if those sources were abusing that monopoly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-LamoxBvW0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO86vEGsOB0
Doesn't seem like very many people want to take the time to follow the unraveling of the narrative or discuss anything related to covid anymore.
The narrative coming apart shatters into tiny pieces the the worldview of the people who believed and defended it. It's emotionally painfully for them to discuss it.

Regarding Pfizer...... Imagine your neighbor had a secure biolab in his basement and was mutating viruses in monkeys that affect humans and he said his purpose was to develop some kind of injection to protect people against his mutation. He would be considered a mad scientist and criminal. We call that a pharma company. People trust them and take their experimental injections and governments mandate it.

We're fully in clown world.
Or maybe people are in fatigue on the whole subject and want to move on with their lives regardless of who's right and who's wrong.
Yeah shocking how they got fatigued after spending two years making everything in the whole world about the virus. I mean seriously, putting mascots, cartoon characters and even Santa on the Santa Tracker in masks! They made everything about the virus, forced the rest of us to play by their rules as to how and when we could eat at a restaurant or go to a gym or even keep our jobs. Now that their side ending up being extremely wrong about most things they are suddenly "fatigued" and want to move on?? Bullsh*t. I will keep bringing it up because someone needs to be held accountable (even if they only take personal accountability) and the next time they need to maybe not subscribe to so much groupthink and be so certain that their way is the only correct way.
User avatar
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 4962
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:54 am

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by Mountaineer »

FYI An update on the latest developments.

https://yourlocalepidemiologist.substac ... dium=email
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
SilentMajority
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:10 am

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by SilentMajority »

jalanlong wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:17 pm
glennds wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:57 am
SilentMajority wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:42 am
flyingpylon wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:22 am
boglerdude wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:20 pm I dont necessarily object to gain of function research. But its interesting how this story was scrubbed for several days, and how most of family will never hear about it. People are living in different realities if they dont seek out contrarian news sources. When everyone had to read NYtimes, WSJ etc in the 90s we had a common culture. Although now I wonder if those sources were abusing that monopoly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-LamoxBvW0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO86vEGsOB0
Doesn't seem like very many people want to take the time to follow the unraveling of the narrative or discuss anything related to covid anymore.
The narrative coming apart shatters into tiny pieces the the worldview of the people who believed and defended it. It's emotionally painfully for them to discuss it.

Regarding Pfizer...... Imagine your neighbor had a secure biolab in his basement and was mutating viruses in monkeys that affect humans and he said his purpose was to develop some kind of injection to protect people against his mutation. He would be considered a mad scientist and criminal. We call that a pharma company. People trust them and take their experimental injections and governments mandate it.

We're fully in clown world.
Or maybe people are in fatigue on the whole subject and want to move on with their lives regardless of who's right and who's wrong.
Yeah shocking how they got fatigued after spending two years making everything in the whole world about the virus. I mean seriously, putting mascots, cartoon characters and even Santa on the Santa Tracker in masks! They made everything about the virus, forced the rest of us to play by their rules as to how and when we could eat at a restaurant or go to a gym or even keep our jobs. Now that their side ending up being extremely wrong about most things they are suddenly "fatigued" and want to move on?? Bullsh*t. I will keep bringing it up because someone needs to be held accountable (even if they only take personal accountability) and the next time they need to maybe not subscribe to so much groupthink and be so certain that their way is the only correct way.
I like this post J. I think if people just realized the government shouldn't have the right to force people to wear masks or abandon loved ones to die alone or force experimental injections, it wouldn't matter who's right or wrong. Make your own choices and let others make theirs.
User avatar
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 829
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:30 am

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by jalanlong »

SilentMajority wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:28 pm
jalanlong wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:17 pm
glennds wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:57 am
SilentMajority wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:42 am
flyingpylon wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:22 am
boglerdude wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:20 pm I dont necessarily object to gain of function research. But its interesting how this story was scrubbed for several days, and how most of family will never hear about it. People are living in different realities if they dont seek out contrarian news sources. When everyone had to read NYtimes, WSJ etc in the 90s we had a common culture. Although now I wonder if those sources were abusing that monopoly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-LamoxBvW0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO86vEGsOB0
Doesn't seem like very many people want to take the time to follow the unraveling of the narrative or discuss anything related to covid anymore.
The narrative coming apart shatters into tiny pieces the the worldview of the people who believed and defended it. It's emotionally painfully for them to discuss it.

Regarding Pfizer...... Imagine your neighbor had a secure biolab in his basement and was mutating viruses in monkeys that affect humans and he said his purpose was to develop some kind of injection to protect people against his mutation. He would be considered a mad scientist and criminal. We call that a pharma company. People trust them and take their experimental injections and governments mandate it.

We're fully in clown world.
Or maybe people are in fatigue on the whole subject and want to move on with their lives regardless of who's right and who's wrong.
Yeah shocking how they got fatigued after spending two years making everything in the whole world about the virus. I mean seriously, putting mascots, cartoon characters and even Santa on the Santa Tracker in masks! They made everything about the virus, forced the rest of us to play by their rules as to how and when we could eat at a restaurant or go to a gym or even keep our jobs. Now that their side ending up being extremely wrong about most things they are suddenly "fatigued" and want to move on?? Bullsh*t. I will keep bringing it up because someone needs to be held accountable (even if they only take personal accountability) and the next time they need to maybe not subscribe to so much groupthink and be so certain that their way is the only correct way.
I like this post J. I think if people just realized the government shouldn't have the right to force people to wear masks or abandon loved ones to die alone or force experimental injections, it wouldn't matter who's right or wrong. Make your own choices and let others make theirs.
Even if you want to move away from controversial and more personal topics such as forced vaccinations, just a look at a couple of the macro takeaways from those 2 years should be enough to scare most people. For me the top 2 were:

That a large number of your neighbors had no qualms about informing the authorities if you weren’t “following the rules” when you decided to have one too many people at your Thanksgiving.

And that world governments that purport to be democracies decided en masse with little public debate to shut down businesses, parks, etc. and in some cases lock you in your homes.

These are precedents that should worry anyone and I am amazed and saddened that most people want to pretend like they didn’t happen.
User avatar
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2064
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:35 pm

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by I Shrugged »

glennds wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:57 am

Or maybe people are in fatigue on the whole subject and want to move on with their lives regardless of who's right and who's wrong.
Yeah well, that’s just letting the bastards off the hook. They hope you’re tired of it.
User avatar
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1694
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:43 am

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by Maddy »

I Shrugged wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:07 pm
glennds wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:57 am

Or maybe people are in fatigue on the whole subject and want to move on with their lives regardless of who's right and who's wrong.
Yeah well, that’s just letting the bastards off the hook. They hope you’re tired of it.
I can't imagine this just going away. Just about everyone knows someone whose life was destroyed by all this, as well as many others who have suffered profoundly. When people finally grasp what really happened, I suspect that the rage will be difficult to control.
User avatar
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:20 pm
Location: US Citizen, Permanent Traveler

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by Mark Leavy »

Maddy wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:21 pm I can't imagine this just going away. Just about everyone knows someone whose life was destroyed by all this, as well as many others who have suffered profoundly. When people finally grasp what really happened, I suspect that the rage will be difficult to control.
I wish I could agree, Maddy. But I think the rage will be sternly worded letters, twitter posts and memes. We live in a generation of the feckless. There is a severe shortage of hard men these days. None in the cities and those still extant in the rural communities took care of themselves during the manufactured crisis.
User avatar
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 4962
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:54 am

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by Mountaineer »

This article might be of interest.

https://yourlocalepidemiologist.substac ... dium=email

Excerpts:

On my way back from Turkey, and there’s nothing quite like international travel to help put things into perspective. There are much bigger problems in this world right now than the mask debate.

Still, it would be tragic if people left the emergency thinking one of two extremes: “masks don’t work” or “any mask works.” Another pandemic will come, and we will need to be better and smarter. Hell, every winter, we could be smarter.

This post is to provide a sober perspective on the “story arc” of the science around masks—an attempt to communicate important nuances and provide clarity to a story that is not yet done.

The question

Everyone wants a one word answer to this question: Do masks work? But these three words strung together beg several loaded questions: What does “work” mean? What kind of mask? During what period of transmission? During what disease? In what social context?

All these questions and the answers are getting jumbled together for the public. This may be intentional (to make a point) or unintentional because people really want a simple answer to a complicated question.

Science has been moving at a lightning speed, and we’ve been discovering answers as we go.

<snip - there is much more material and data at the linked website>

Where are we going?

All of the aforementioned studies have limitations. Every single one. No study is perfect. This is normal. Because of that, we have holes in our knowledge and, as we fill them, evidence will continue to evolve.

We now have the time, data, and energy (maybe?) to understand why, where, and how well masks work, so we can be better and smarter next time.

Bottom line

The scientific “arc” of mask discovery is ongoing. Science is always evolving. Do not let anyone convince you of a one word answer to the question: Do masks work? It depends.
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
User avatar
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 9483
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by vnatale »

Mountaineer wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:54 am
This article might be of interest.

https://yourlocalepidemiologist.substac ... dium=email

Excerpts:

On my way back from Turkey, and there’s nothing quite like international travel to help put things into perspective. There are much bigger problems in this world right now than the mask debate.

Still, it would be tragic if people left the emergency thinking one of two extremes: “masks don’t work” or “any mask works.” Another pandemic will come, and we will need to be better and smarter. Hell, every winter, we could be smarter.

This post is to provide a sober perspective on the “story arc” of the science around masks—an attempt to communicate important nuances and provide clarity to a story that is not yet done.

The question

Everyone wants a one word answer to this question: Do masks work? But these three words strung together beg several loaded questions: What does “work” mean? What kind of mask? During what period of transmission? During what disease? In what social context?

All these questions and the answers are getting jumbled together for the public. This may be intentional (to make a point) or unintentional because people really want a simple answer to a complicated question.

Science has been moving at a lightning speed, and we’ve been discovering answers as we go.

<snip - there is much more material and data at the linked website>

Where are we going?

All of the aforementioned studies have limitations. Every single one. No study is perfect. This is normal. Because of that, we have holes in our knowledge and, as we fill them, evidence will continue to evolve.

We now have the time, data, and energy (maybe?) to understand why, where, and how well masks work, so we can be better and smarter next time.

Bottom line

The scientific “arc” of mask discovery is ongoing. Science is always evolving. Do not let anyone convince you of a one word answer to the question: Do masks work? It depends.


Thanks. All seems quite reasonable and logical.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1317
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:40 am
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by boglerdude »

She's always been a pro-mask collectivist/leftist. Their technique is to change the questions. Its not "do masks work." Its do they work so well that the government should use violence if you do cardio without breathing through a sock. Do they work so well that the destruction of normal socialization is worth it. The muffled speech, the speech pathology in children. My friend in construction banned them on site, because there is no room for error in communication.

https://twitter.com/sophiadahl1/status/ ... 0460767234
^ Fauci said masks dont work, because he wrote about how in the Spanish flu they trapped bacteria and caused pneumonia in those with lung damage from influenza. But people - to his surprise and mine - loved them as a way to virtue signal and bully. So he recommended two masks.
Attachments
1921-masks-dont-work.jpg
1921-masks-dont-work.jpg (938.12 KiB) Viewed 94893 times
User avatar
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2064
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:35 pm

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by I Shrugged »

Sunday Times lab leak article, if you can access it. A nice recap of the past and current viewpoints.

https://apple.news/ApznaEknWQOGZ7ex_IAYLKg
Post Reply