Coronavirus General Discussion

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Hal
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by Hal » Fri May 14, 2021 5:24 pm

Can anyone confirm if this post from Martin Armstrong is true? Easy enough to test if you've had the shot. ???

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/inte ... accinated/
Aussie GoldSmithPP - 25% PMGOLD, 75% VDCO
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Sun May 16, 2021 12:19 pm

Went to the grocery store. 50% no masks including many of the staff.

Positive step forward.

People wearing them are looking weirder and weirder.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Sun May 16, 2021 12:27 pm

Here in CA, people are still masking hard since the state mandate is still in effect.

Went to Home Depot and the grocery store yesterday, and both stores still had the “masks required” sign at the entrance. 100% of people still masked up.

On the drive back home, I also saw a young woman in her 20s jogging by herself through my neighborhood, with nobody else in sight. She was dutifully wearing a mask.

CA follows the science. What are the rest of you dummies doing?
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Sun May 16, 2021 12:59 pm

Tortoise wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 12:27 pm
Here in CA, people are still masking hard since the state mandate is still in effect.

Went to Home Depot and the grocery store yesterday, and both stores still had the “masks required” sign at the entrance. 100% of people still masked up.

On the drive back home, I also saw a young woman in her 20s jogging by herself through my neighborhood, with nobody else in sight. She was dutifully wearing a mask.

CA follows the science. What are the rest of you dummies doing?
I thought the science changed on Thursday. Even NPR confirmed it:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... ve-learned

So now wearing a mask in most situations is actually going against science. How does it feel to be surrounded by all that “Neanderthal thinking”?
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Sun May 16, 2021 2:11 pm

Went to the mall in Florida last night and before I went inside I looked for the "Mask Required" sign. It was there but you had to look real hard to find it because it was so small. Once inside I found the ratio of unmasked to masked to be about 4:1. Also noticed that the stores with prominently placed mask signs didn't seem to have many customers inside.

I don't have NR plus so I couldn't read this article by Kevin Williamson, though I would like to. I think maybe the headline says enough all by itself....

I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Sun May 16, 2021 3:58 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 1:09 pm
Blue IL is 'reviewing' CDC guidelines and figuring out how to change guidance. Why? They should just say okay we're done, but they refuse.
I think they are saying they will follow the national recommendations.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Sun May 16, 2021 4:08 pm

I Shrugged wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 3:58 pm
MangoMan wrote:
Blue IL is 'reviewing' CDC guidelines and figuring out how to change guidance. Why? They should just say okay we're done, but they refuse.
Reckless.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Sun May 16, 2021 4:46 pm

WiseOne wrote: "My big question has been: why is it suddenly ok for the country to reopen when the COVID case & hospitalization rates are identical now to what those were a year ago (in NY), and the only thing that's happened in the interim is the annual winter respiratory illness runup which differed from the usual only due to the added availability of a super-sensitive COVID test (and a new endemic virus). "

I suspect the regime realizes that the remainder of the population is on the verge of revolting from following these arbitrary diktats... And they need to save face. Lest they become irrelevant like a 55 mph speed limit on the interstate. One data point and support of this revolt is the regime's failure to scare 70+ percent of the population to participate in their experimental gene therapy program.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Sun May 16, 2021 5:21 pm

Musing on the approximately 4:1 ratio of unmasked to masked people that I saw in the mall yesterday I was thinking what at amazing flipping of the script by "Biden's rule" in a short amount of time.

Before:
Masked person sees unmasked person and thinks what a selfish, unpatriotic person who isn't following the science and putting everybody else at risk. Masked person feels virtuous. Unmasked person made to feel uncomfortable.

After:
Unmasked person sees masked person and thinks he must not have gotten the vaccine or maybe he could even be an anti-vaxxer, and he's not following the science and not making rational risk assessments. Unmasked person feels free. Masked person is made to feel uncomfortable.

If the ratio I observed is any indication this is happening rapidly.

Maybe Biden learned the power of posting on Twitter from Trump.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Sun May 16, 2021 7:26 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 6:53 pm
I Shrugged wrote:
MangoMan wrote:
They are saying it, but not doing it. What is there to review? If you are

'following the science' and
you believe the CDC is the ultimate authority on the science

what exactly is there to 'review'? And why should it take more than 5 minutes?
Why are California and New York resisting eliminating masks as well?
Because they think masks are effective?
Are they effective? I honestly don't know. I know the MSM says that it's been proven that masks are effective. That doesn't mean anything to me for reasons I hope are obvious. I know I'm ready to be done with masks.

In any event, the day has to come when masks come off. I'm mildly surprised that Illinois seems ready to get with it. As to the Feds, I think this could be an intentional distraction from the bad start that my guy Biden has gotten off to. He's killed 150K from covid. The border is an absolute disaster, in fact I think he's restarting construction the wall, right? J&J fiasco, all his fault, obviously. The Mideast is an inferno, wouldn't have happened under DJT. Inflation is soaring. Employment is bad. Taxes are going up. Hey everybody, let's stop wearing masks!!! From their PR point of view, it doesn't even matter if it's controversial. Just so it takes the other stuff off the headline.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Sun May 16, 2021 7:30 pm

In Ontario, golfing is still prohibited. Even though the premier acknowledges that it's safe, he says well, the golfers will get together and drink, and we can't take that risk. Sucks to be a golf course owner up there, two summers in a row. Wow.

Here in progressive Illinois, the courses are open to full capacity, we can touch the flagsticks, and sit in the bar afterwards. Take that you hosers.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sun May 16, 2021 8:34 pm

I Shrugged wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 7:26 pm

MangoMan wrote:

I Shrugged wrote:

MangoMan wrote:

Are they effective? I honestly don't know. I know the MSM says that it's been proven that masks are effective. That doesn't mean anything to me for reasons I hope are obvious. I know I'm ready to be done with masks.

In any event, the day has to come when masks come off. I'm mildly surprised that Illinois seems ready to get with it. As to the Feds, I think this could be an intentional distraction from the bad start that my guy Biden has gotten off to. He's killed 150K from covid. The border is an absolute disaster, in fact I think he's restarting construction the wall, right? J&J fiasco, all his fault, obviously. The Mideast is an inferno, wouldn't have happened under DJT. Inflation is soaring. Employment is bad. Taxes are going up. Hey everybody, let's stop wearing masks!!! From their PR point of view, it doesn't even matter if it's controversial. Just so it takes the other stuff off the headline.

How so?

Wasn't what he accomplished there supposed to have forever prevented this from ever happening again? What has has changed since January 20th?
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sun May 16, 2021 9:27 pm

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... r-business

Covid Is Airborne, Scientists Say. Now Authorities Think So, Too
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sun May 16, 2021 9:33 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/science/202 ... SApp_Other

Delay in giving second jabs of Pfizer vaccine improves immunity

Study finds antibodies against Sars-CoV-2 three-and-a-half times higher in people vaccinated again after 12 weeks rather than three
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Mon May 17, 2021 9:01 am

vnatale wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 8:34 pm
I Shrugged wrote:

The Mideast is an inferno, wouldn't have happened under DJT. Inflation is soaring. Employment is bad. Taxes are going up. Hey everybody, let's stop wearing masks!!! From their PR point of view, it doesn't even matter if it's controversial. Just so it takes the other stuff off the headline.
How so?

Wasn't what he accomplished there supposed to have forever prevented this from ever happening again? What has has changed since January 20th?
I'm playing around. But we can't say for sure that it's not true! :)
No one ever said he ended all the problems. But he succeeded in lining up mideast Arab states to be friendlier to Israel. And he did it by go around the entrenched deep state.

Maybe this current thing is a result of Hamas/Iran feeling desperate due to the above.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Mon May 17, 2021 9:03 am

vnatale wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 9:27 pm
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... r-business

Covid Is Airborne, Scientists Say. Now Authorities Think So, Too
Here is another article on same, maybe with more details. It's very interesting. It is clear that "trust the science" is a pretty shallow dogma. One line at the beginning mentions WHO saying "FACT: COVID-19 is not airborne." And this is the exact kind of thing that the dumbass fact checkers at social media sites use to ban people. No, we can't let any alternatives be presented. Trust the science!

https://www.wired.com/story/the-teeny-t ... ket-newtab
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Mon May 17, 2021 9:14 am

I Shrugged wrote:
MangoMan wrote:
I Shrugged wrote:
MangoMan wrote:

Does he really need a distraction? HIs approval rating seems pretty high:

https://apnews.com/article/biden-corona ... 157987bf80
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Mon May 17, 2021 9:40 am

jalanlong wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 9:14 am
I Shrugged wrote:
MangoMan wrote:
I Shrugged wrote:
MangoMan wrote:

Does he really need a distraction? HIs approval rating seems pretty high:

https://apnews.com/article/biden-corona ... 157987bf80
Hey, who you gonna believe, me, or the Associated Press?

:)
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Mon May 17, 2021 11:11 am

I don't recall seeing this posted here before but it was republished by the Village Voice a year ago.

An Open Letter to Dr. Anthony Fauci by Larry Kramer

Originally published May 31, 1988 regarding AIDS treatment research. Any similarities to today?
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Mon May 17, 2021 12:02 pm

I started reading the link. The mendacity suggest something other than simple incompetence and stupidity.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Thu May 20, 2021 10:06 am

Went maskless at Publix for the first time last night but only because I spotted an employee without one. I have to admit I'm too much of a coward to be the ONLY maskless person in the store but hats off to whoever was the first person to do it.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Thu May 20, 2021 1:11 pm

A silver lining? ......
Social Security:

The rate of growth in retired Americans who collect Social Security has slowed down sharply, and the drop may be due in part to the disproportionate number of deaths from Covid-19 among the elderly.

The number of people who received retirement benefits from the Social Security Administration rose 900,000 to 46.4 million in March, the smallest year-over-year gain since April 2009.
https://www.collaborativefund.com/blog/ ... ing-51521/
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne » Fri May 21, 2021 11:19 am

Yes, I'd surmised early on that COVID may prove to be the salvation for Social Security and Medicare.

I even remember a painfully funny description that was going around at the time: "Boomer Remover".

Although, I still think the reduction in life expectancy from COVID is a lot smaller than people think (it was 6 months on average in one study). But, COVID being relatively fast, painless, and cheap compared to the most common ways to die, I figured that most of the savings would be to Medicare.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Sat May 22, 2021 11:07 pm

pp4me wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 10:06 am
Went maskless at Publix for the first time last night but only because I spotted an employee without one. I have to admit I'm too much of a coward to be the ONLY maskless person in the store but hats off to whoever was the first person to do it.
You should learn about Alexander solzhenitsen and the bitter regret of the political prisoners who didn't resist with everything they had when they had the opportunity
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Sat May 22, 2021 11:10 pm

Q: What civilizes the class bully?

A: a bloody nose.