SomeDude wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:20 am
Mark Leavy wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:01 pm
Xan wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:44 pm
Don wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:10 pm
This from Dr Zelenko's website. He's an anti-vaxxer but still sees the great danger from Covid. According to him, anyone contracting Covid over the age of 45 has a 5-10% mortality rate!

"High Risk Patients: Patients are considered high risk if they are over the age of 45, or if they are younger than 45 but they have comorbidities, that is, they have other health conditions that put them at risk. These patients have between a 5 to 10% mortality rate if they are infected with Covid-19."

https://covid19.onedaymd.com/2021/03/qu ... t.html?m=1
Aren't the official numbers something like 10-15% mortality even for 80+ year olds? Does he think that number is massively underestimated? Based on what?
Age is a proxy for bad health. The numbers would be more useful if the % mortality were referenced to BMI or VO2max.
Isn't the mortality rate for an 85 year old already 10% without covid?
10% of 85 year olds die each month? I'm going with "month" as how long it takes for Covid to run its course one way or the other. Maybe it's different.
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Forum Members with COVID-19

Post by WiseOne » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:52 am

The real question should be how many months/years of life lost there are due to COVID. It doesn't help to point the finger at COVID when the main result is to change what's written on the death certificate, but not the date.

I saw one study early in the pandemic that looked into that very question. Turns out that COVID resulted in an average of 6 months life lost for victims, based on life expectancy numbers.

The population wide estimates are on the order of 2 years, but that includes collateral damage from the lockdowns. This would be quite high if anyone cared to examine that data, since most of the affected people in that instance were younger, with correspondingly greater life expectancy. I just read for example that children are 6 times more likely to die from suicide than from COVID. And, suicide is one of the problems that has greatly increased since the lockdowns started. Also there are conditions such as cancer, heart attacks and strokes for which treatments were delayed or non-existent. Ivor Cummins devoted a video to this question, and determined that nearly all the life lost in the UK was from lockdowns, not COVID. (Sadly I can't point you to that video because all his COVID-related videos were removed by Youtube).
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:37 am

Yesterday I thought I was coming down with a cold. Today I woke up feeling better. Then at breakfast I realized my sense of taste is all screwed up. Oh joy. Brain dump:

I have a virtual doctor appointment later this morning to discuss it. This is Texas, for all I know, they might prescribe horse de-wormer! ;) If they do, I will definitely take it.

Then I presume I will be getting tested somewhere. Anyone know if the rapid test is good enough? I can get those at nearby drug stores.

I am ramping up the zinc. I was already taking 50mg daily. My Vitamin D blood level recently was 49. I recall seeing or reading that people at 50 or higher do very well against Covid, so I was essentially there. Anyway, I have a bottle of D pills at the ready.

My wife and I live in a small house. To protect her, I don't know if I should be wearing a mask, or hiding in the spare bedroom, or what.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:47 am

On the other hand, apparently taking Cold-Eeze zinc can cause a loss of taste. I took it yesterday. I've taken it many times over the years and never had this happen. Oh well, here's hoping for a negative test later today.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:47 am

I Shrugged wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:37 am
Yesterday I thought I was coming down with a cold. Today I woke up feeling better. Then at breakfast I realized my sense of taste is all screwed up. Oh joy. Brain dump:

I have a virtual doctor appointment later this morning to discuss it. This is Texas, for all I know, they might prescribe horse de-wormer! ;) If they do, I will definitely take it.

Then I presume I will be getting tested somewhere. Anyone know if the rapid test is good enough? I can get those at nearby drug stores.

I am ramping up the zinc. I was already taking 50mg daily. My Vitamin D blood level recently was 49. I recall seeing or reading that people at 50 or higher do very well against Covid, so I was essentially there. Anyway, I have a bottle of D pills at the ready.

My wife and I live in a small house. To protect her, I don't know if I should be wearing a mask, or hiding in the spare bedroom, or what.

Sure hope you just have a stuffed up nose that is affecting your taste buds. Blesssings for a pleasant "nothingburger" doctor visit.

DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:31 pm

Well the doc office took two swabs. One for a 15 minute result, which came back negative. :)
They are sending the other one out for a PCR test. My taste is back, so I think it was just the Cold Eeze that messed it up.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:34 pm

I Shrugged wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:31 pm
Well the doc office took two swabs. One for a 15 minute result, which came back negative. :)
They are sending the other one out for a PCR test. My taste is back, so I think it was just the Cold Eeze that messed it up.
My taste was off the other day but it came back. it was weird. I could taste chocolate chips but not pure sugar. I had my sense of smell intact so I figured I burned my tongue or otherwise messed it up with something strong.

Hope you’re feeling fine.
Sam Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:23 pm

dualstow wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:34 pm
I Shrugged wrote:
My taste was off the other day but it came back. it was weird. I could taste chocolate chips but not pure sugar. I had my sense of smell intact so I figured I burned my tongue or otherwise messed it up with something strong.

Yep, feeling fine. Sorry for the false alarm, but glad it was false.
After all, I've had my booster, so I can't catch it anyway!
:P
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:48 pm

I Shrugged wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:23 pm

dualstow wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:34 pm

I Shrugged wrote:

Yep, feeling fine. Sorry for the false alarm, but glad it was false.
After all, I've had my booster, so I can't catch it anyway!
:P

Yes. Definitely thankfully it WAS false. It was scary enough on this end just reading your previous posts about it.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."